main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN New stuff from master replicas..Mine, mine mine mine

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarthToddy, Feb 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    So, I take it you'll be selling stuff at TimmyCon, Sal?

Work harder.... Sal wants a MR Vader Helmet!!!

2. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    I need to sell more to finance either a home expansion or new storage building so I can buy more!

Oh, what a vicious cycle...

3. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I just need to invest in another house. Someday, I want me a Star Wars room, dadnabit!!

4. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I'm working on that right now. I'm going to move the bed out of the third bedroom and put a futon in there and display lightsabers and Vaders and such...oh my!

5. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Once you start down the dark path...

6. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I know...I need to go hang out at the cosmetics counter and maybe the old Rhonda will shine through...

As I told Jacob last night...Damn, I make fangirl look good. [face_blush]

8-}

7. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Preach it, sister! :D

8. WonderPants

WonderPants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2003
    I just need to invest in another house. Someday, I want me a Star Wars room, dadnabit!!

I want a Garbage/Matrix/Transformers/Star Wars shrine. Even my aunt has a Disney soft toy room, for Gob's sake!

9. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Ahem...we won't talk about the Vader on my desk at work... [face_blush]

[image=http://www.rhonderoo.com/Set13_02.jpg]

[image=http://www.rhonderoo.com/Set13_03.jpg]

10. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    I've got Batman opposite my A-Team van on my computer. My SMT pig is next to my scanner today...

11. WonderPants

Mar 6, 2003
  12. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I guess I could post pics of our bedroom dresser: Unleashed Vader, Unleashed Han, Unleashed Luke (throne room), Unleased Luke (Rebel pilot), Unleashed Obi-Wan, 12-inch Vader & Maul (thanks to Ben), 12-inch Luke.........[insert joke here 8-}]

Rhonda: We need that on a t-shirt! "I make Fangirl look GOOD"

13. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    That might be a reality at TIMMYCON! If I can't get it done here we can set someting up thru my Cafe Press shop at cost.

14. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Ben - that ain't right. [face_shocked]
    8-}

Traci, too bad we won't have those this Friday!!!!

That would be :cool:!!!!

15. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Hey, we could still put those up on our SMT store, Lin. They don't say jack about SW. We could do "I make fangirl look good" and "I make fanboy look good"

Rhonda- How about "Fanboys want me....Fangirls want to be me" for your T-shirt? And we know what that Vader means- "Don't F with me."

Optimus Prime roughing up Star Wars figures, Ben? Could you at least put a Jango Fett in place of Vader? Come on, man- That's blasphemy! :p

16. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    At least he didn't have a Leia figure- or we'd have to call the law on him for a domestic distubance!

17. TheDarknessX

TheDarknessX Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ben is that the 20th anniversary Optimus Prime Figure?

IT ROCKZ!!!!!

18. WonderPants

Mar 6, 2003
    I'lll see what I can find, Tim.

Close, Sal. It's the Japanese version, which has long smokestacks and no battle damage.

19. DarthToddy

DarthToddy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2004
    ARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH...............I missed out on an Anakin FX saber on ebay for $81.00 they just outbidded me in the final hour!!! My collection could have been completed :(

John

20. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Sorry, John- didn't realize that was you I was bidding against!

Just kidding...

Yeah, I went for a whole week on a couple items only to have someone snag it at the last minute! Don't worry, there will be more. I've learned that if I want something, see it, and can live with the cost- snag it. If I get outbid on ebay, keep looking and it'll show up again! I can't count the number of times I missed out and found another the next time I did a search.

21. DarthToddy

Jan 22, 2004
    Well...ONE WHOLE DAY!!!!...after I receive my $30 working Anakin FX saber...my Vader has crapped out on me...it worked fine when everyone left...but I was perusing the Ebay auctions, and I noticed a Vader FX saber that was cheap for some reason. The seller said the saber wouldn't turn off and has no hum. Well...guess whats wrong with mine!!!! Just giving everyone a heads up...I'm going to try and see new batteries will make it work better..if not :( !!!

Needing another FX...AGAIN!!! John

22. DarthToddy

Jan 22, 2004
    Well, new batteries didn't help it any, but looking and troubleshooting my now broken Vader saber...I think I have diagnosed the problem...a loose or broken wire within the string of LED lights or a wire broken loose that was sautered within the hilt portion near the on/off switch. Anyways, I'm sure you are asking what does this have to do with my Vader or future Vader FX lightsaber, well good question. My hypothesis is that a good blow/hit at the correct angle or an improper clash against something will break loose an important wire within the LED lit saber. (Future sabers should be LEDs) So the solution should be.........NO BANGING SABERS!!! Especially if it is not your's.....you don't want to have to pay for a new one like I will have to do here soon if I want a new Vader saber. (By the way I'm not blaming anyone or pointing any fingers...just giving a warning for future episodes, I was the last to use it or hit against something!!!)

Your fellow SMT and highly disheartened FX owner!!!!

John

23. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    The funny thing about the MR FX sabers is this: If they didn't want us to hit it against anything, then why include the clash sounds?

24. Obi_J_Kenobi

Obi_J_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    Crikey Dude, That's bad craftsmanship on MR's part. I agree with tim on the fact that they shouldn't give crash sounds for impacts, or even the fact that the tube is made from..."unbreakable" high impact acrylic. Anyways, sorry for the badluck dude.

25. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    What kind did 'Mara' have at MSC? She was banging the crap outta it! I even saw the blade bend!!!

How're the other sabers doing, John? Have you gotten your new stand in yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.