main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC New to Charlotte - Best Theater to see AOTC?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Singularity, Apr 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Singularity

Singularity Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2002
    My family just moved to Charlotte in January. We've been going to the movieplex at Stonecrest off of Rhea Road to see movies and the sound system, etc. seems great. Are there better places in Charlotte?

2. Q187

Q187 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2000
    That and AMC are probably the best two in charlotte. AMC is in Carolina Pavilion on South Blvd. That's where I saw TPM and LOTR.

3. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Actually, I agree with Q. But if you want to venture 20 minutes from Charlotte, the Concord Mills 24 is awesome.. it's where I saw LOTR. :D

4. Cartooncheryl

Cartooncheryl Jedi Master star 1

Jun 20, 1999
    Hey!

Myself, I like the Regal Theatre. It's on Rea Road, and if you take the I-485 strip between Pineville and Independence Blvd., it's about two exits North of the Pineville part.

I saw TPM there, and it was really cool cos they had Sithskydivers! Darth Vader, Palpatine and Darth Maul jumped from a plane. It was so funny, we knew Maul was truly evil, cos he landed on a baby carriage! (an empty one, thank goodness!)

5. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    I don't really care. But if I'm camping out somewhere, I want to do it somewhere safe. :D

6. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Regal at Stonecrest, for sure.

I was even more reminded of this when I saw a movie at the Arboretum the other day...it's a really bad theater.

7. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Oh well. No camping for me, if nobody wants to see it at the Arboretum...

8. Singularity

Singularity Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2002
    Sounds great about Stonecrest. We've liked that theater so far. Its got a great sound system and is comfortable enough. We'll all be there whenever the first showing is unless its a midnight showing. In that case, my wife and I will need to get a babysitter since our children can't be up that late. :)

9. Q187

Q187 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2000
    I saw Blade 2 at Arbo....it was terrible. The sound was soo low. Scratch that theatre for AOTC.

10. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Y'know, I doubt I'm going to line up anymore.. everyone has seemed to have lost interest with it....

:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.