main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY New Toy Sightings

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by RogueSquadronWingnut, Mar 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Heylo Mojo

I created this little thready for myself and for everyone to check in on. Since I work at a local retailer that sells some SW gear, I get some sneak peeks at upcoming release stuff. I'll be making little notes on what I've seen so far only as much as I'm allowed to say but...you get the picture.

SO FAR
    I can only report limited sightings of the latest Clone War Series 3.75 figs. A talking Yoda that is kinda creepy AND a reissue of the Republic Gunship with some extra detailing and a new paint job that makes it SO much better looking than the previous ones. April 1st cant come soon enough.

'Nut

2. -KnightShade-

-KnightShade- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    We've seen on the Rebelscum boards that some of these have snuck onto the sale floor early. Hopefully there are enough so that we can all get full sets on the 1st!

3. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Yeah...I tried "slipping" up to the front register with one of the gunships on Friday Night and had a small army chasing after me to take it back.

4. Mistamandalore

Mistamandalore Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2004
    Hey, if anyone sees the titanium series of die-cast micros please let me know. I am obsessed with getting these. :) Does anyone know if they are exclusive to one store or another? I'm hoping they'll be at TRU 4/1.

5. TD-027

TD-027 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2004
    Hey Mistamandalore,
    The Titanium series is exclusive to Wal*Mart--But, they are supposed to be released on 4-2-05. So keep your eye open for them.

6. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    SIGHTING!

Henrietta TRU let some EP3 Legos slip.

7. wicketSKA

wicketSKA Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2002
    Has anyone seen any of the new Unleashed figures (IG-88, Stormtrooper) in the Rochester-area. I saw them at one of the Target's a few weeks back, but never picked them up.

8. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    No I haven't seen those yet, but then again I haven't been out toy shopping in almost a month...
    That'll all change tonight though! :D

Oh! And - Welcome to the boards WicketSKA!

~Doc_Bev

9. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Roundup of the SouthEast in General
    Please note this information is as of 10am this morning (Saturday). Everywhere I went I could only find figures 1-32 so thats what I mean by "Upper Number"

Penfield Target
    - Running Mob Scene this morning at 8am. All 8 of us HAHA. All 12inches were grabbed and most of the harder to find figures like Red Guards, Upper Number Jedi (only up to 32), and Clone Troopers were flying off the shelves. The Rebelscum guys and I picked off whatever we missed out on last night.

Victor Target
    - The motherload. All 32 figures of the original line. All vehicles (except gunships). Cleaned out the few glassware they had for Nikki and D. Still had a good proportion of 12in and the guys working the department said it had been calm all morning.

Victor K-Mart
    - As far as regular action figures, DONT GO THERE. Someone went through their toy section this morning and pretty much wiped them out. They still have a rather large abundance of 12 inch figures at the front door including Palpatine. No Vehicles, some Legos. As a treat, they even have some clearance Power of the Force figures and scene sets from Mos Eisley in their toy section. And if you're a fan of Marvel Select, they have the latest line.

Henrietta WalMart
    - Had a MM for an hour last night. Got cleared out of their 12inch and most of the popular hard to find upper number line. Basic figures left, some legos, very few vehicles.

Gates Super WalMart
    - If you want to build a Mon Mothma army...GET THERE FAST. Thats about all they had left last night around 1am and I dont know if they restocked or not.

Henrietta Media Play
    - Home Sweet Home. Currently selling the Hardcover, Graphic Novel Comic, and Scholastic versions of the book. Also selling the Visual Dictionaries and the Cross-Section books. They have one Republic Gunship left. No action figures except for the Clone Wars Anime Season 2 figs. Some Clone Trooper 12inch left along with various shirts and junior reader book.

-Big Breath-
    I need sleep.

'Nut

10. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    I was at TRU in Henrietta today and saw all kinds of new action figures for some new SW movie coming out next month. Also there was a bunch of crazy fans in costumes walking around getting there picture taken with kids and stuff. What a bunch of weirdos.

11. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    :p
    [face_laugh]
    It's really not that funny, but it is when I'm this tired.

~Doc_Bev

12. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    I had to read it twice to realize he was talking about us. :p

Yeah, I need to sleep very, very soon....

13. -KnightShade-

-KnightShade- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    He forgot to mention that he was amoung those wierdos ;-)

14. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Howdy Folks...my spies tell me that a few stores in the area will be recieving trucks within the next three days at specific locations around Rochester. PM me or call me tomorrow sometime and I'll let ya know. I already know what most of you are hunting for as far as what you dont have and I know to look for certain things for the rest of you. If you have any special orders you can think of, let me know and we'll try to work something out.

15. Mistamandalore

Mistamandalore Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2004
    Has anyone seen the Walmart titanium series anywhere? I went to four different Walmarts and they said that they had yet to receive them. If anyone finds that they are out let me know, please?

16. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    In the 3 WalMarts I've visited so far this weekend I havent seen a hint of Titanium Series. I'll keep my eyes peeled for ya chief.

17. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    I picked up an extra BLUE guard today. I know that in all the boards I've been reading lately, he's been a hard-to-find commodity. Picked up a Quad of Clone Troopers at Henrietta TRU but that was it.

Anyone have any luck finding anything above 32?

18. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I've only been to one place since the MM and they didn't have anything over #32 yet.

~Doc_Bev

19. Jacensolo86

Jacensolo86 Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2005
    I know it's been a month since the last posting, but I have seent he next around town. I seen them at wlamrt in gates, and toyworks in Irondequit. Gen Grievous was pretty cool looking wth his poncho type thing.

20. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    right now the hot ones are 41-44..they're fresh out while everyone waits for the Tank Gunner wave to become peg warmers

Next Figures up - The Senators!

21. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    *BUMP*

Nicki and Darren
    I picked you up the Darker shaded Wookiee Warrior tonight and the Vulture Droid Deluxe Wave 2...

Still no signs of Peg-Warming Tank Gunners and SA Clones....ARGH

22. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Cool! Thanks Wingnut!

~Doc_Bev

23. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Here's the explanation for the Collection 1 versus Collection 2 question that DarSolo was asking about back on May 15th. Collection 1 is main characters and Collection 2 is secondary characters.

~Doc_Bev

24. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    *BUMP & SCORE*

Nicki and Darren!
    Thanks to a tip from JediBlood on the Rebelscum boards, I grabbed you a Mas Ameddas and a Tank Gunner on my lunch break.

Ye shall recieve tomorrow eve.
    :)

I love hunting :)

25. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    WooHoo! [face_dancing]
    And I love that you love hunting because I never get the chance to get out at the right time to snag these things for myself.

~Doc_Bev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.