main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp New web site for NH Mandalorians

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Cephas, Jul 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cephas

Cephas Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2003
    Ok, it's not flashy or exciting....yet...but It's got what we need for the upcoming event!

http://www.freewebs.com/nhmandalorians/

Look it over, please.

The goal presently is to have the information for the upcoming event listed as a priority.
    I want to add links to the related sponsors, etc and if anyone can give them to me as a private message, that'd be swell!
    If there are corrections to be made, send them to me as a private message, again, please.

I am writing all the HTML without the use of an editor so I am doing all the code slowly.
    If anyone does know a good editor that is cheap or free, please let me know or point me in the right direction.

2. jediscar

jediscar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2007
    Nice job Pete! Perhaps Andy can send you the completed logo and you can add that to the site along with a link to our email address nhmandalorians@gmail.com and TK's phone # for people to call for info or tickets. Here are the links to the event sponsors:

thelemontreecaterers.com
    jetpackcomics.com
    shutterfly.com/pro/steverennerphotography/nature

Check the Event post for the info that appears on the flier and will appear in print ads, newspapers, online calendars, etc, to add any info we can about the event. It's too bad i didn't have the website info a few hours earlier to put on the fliers...

3. Darth_Cobern

Darth_Cobern Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2008
    Pete, please change the theater to the Regal theaters in Newington. The Strand is not going to get the Clone Wars movie. Steve said that TK is working his magic on the theater manager and can get us discounted charity-related tickets.
    Thanks.

Also please see Steve's post on the Clone Wars Dinner Event page re getting logos from Andy.

4. Cephas

Feb 23, 2003
    Posted the recent changes and a few links...still need the logo.

5. flightmech73

flightmech73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 5, 2007
    I emailed the logo to ya Pete. Let me know if ya need anything else.

6. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Hey Pete,

Nice work so far. I do need you to change a couple thing if you could? First off the theater is listed wrong. I know Steve posted that for you. but it still list the Strand. It is being held at the Regal in Newington.

All so I need you to remove...ASAP the part about "The Only Lucasfilm approved fan club." That has to GO!! We DO NOT have any promistion to make that statement.

We can replace it with the following. "The Only Star Wars Recognized Fan Club in NH." Which is true. But we do not have the ok to go with Lucas anything. SO we have to fix that soon. Other than that. I'll give you a call this wek and see if we can talk a bout adding a few thing.

I have worked it out with Ralph at Jetpack like we talked about. So the host site is good. Let me know as soon as they get with you. I'd like to have this done sooner than later. Thanks again for ALL your hard work on this..... YOUR JUST THE BEST!!=D= lol

SeeYa,
    TK

7. Cephas

Feb 23, 2003
    The site is all set to set things up with Ralph, TK. ALso, I have been working on some changes to the look of the site so far including embedding the forums within our site so the site can be all inclusive for everything we do!

Let me know what you think.

8. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    PETE!!

You ROCK !!! I have no works but.... AWESOME!! It looks great. I love the side bars to surf the site, very nice. You are the MAN!! I have a ton or pic from the last couple show and last years SMF I'll forward them to you this week and we can get them up. It would be cool to have added a group shot soon. :D

Just lt me know else we have to do with Ralph for the set up. I will stop by this week and get him all set with the hook up fee. He did say something about a URL ? Not sure but just let me know. Hey again BIG thanks. It does look good. You make me proud. lol [face_flag]

SeeYa,
    TK

9. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    what's the web address? Maybe something like "the only official fan club in the state" would be better than star wars fan club...

10. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    Excellent job Pete! The site kicks butt! I can't wait to see more! :D

11. flightmech73

flightmech73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 5, 2007
    I love how you put the boards up on here. (im on the sight) maybe you could do the same with the photobucket sight for the pictures. keep it up pete great job. For members do we gata send ya some pics of ourselves. maybe a little right up? when and why we joined the club. things of that nature?

12. Darth_Cobern

Darth_Cobern Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2008
    We should definitely post something about an armor-building workshop and TK's trooper molds. A link to the Pocket Models page might be something, as well.

13. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Good idea about adding some bio's of current members. THat way people know that we are at least a little bit normal. I think photos directly on the site would be best. I have having ttoo many links to follow tto see what I want to see. Thumbnails would work just fine and people can enlarge some. I have some recent photos from group events (ie. C4 and free comic book day). If people want to see the how-to of costuming, they can go through the forums to get links to see personal photobucket accounts....those are just my opinions.

14. Cephas

Feb 23, 2003
    due to the large amount of people taking pictures, trying to get the pics from them then having to code the pictures twice each (once for thumbnail which requires making an edit of the photo first, then coding it to go to a different page to be seen full size on a new page again) I am opting for an emdedded Photobucket account which will be accessible to all of us and viewable on our site simply by choosing the Pictures link. This means no new pages, letting photobucket do all the coding (which they have special coded sites that do everything automatically - these sites are expensive to set up and time consuming. I just don't have those kind of resources.) and because it will be trapped in our site guests will still be at our web page.

Maybe in the future I can do all the thumbnails, etc myself, but with all the pics we have I am trying to make things more manageable for myself and accessible for everyone.

15. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Understandable. Perhaps we can at least post a few full-size "highlight" photos of the group on the site so people know we are real. Then if they want to see more, they can go to photobucket.... My only conccern with that is that it might be difficult to maintain some quality control if everyone has access to a group photobucket account. I'm not sure that folks would want to see the step by step genesis of costumes, etc. As a semi-profession photographer, I would be happy to help maintain the photo site. Although, John, as madame secretary and chronicler, perhaps you want to do it...?

16. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    Who you callin' madame?! [face_frustrated]

17. Cephas

Feb 23, 2003
    That sounds great! Maybe we can have a seperate page (if Photobucket lets us do that??) for costume building.

And yes, I do want to highlight the better pics on the site..but I want it to be aesthetically pleasing and not hodge-podge. But a group shot of ALL OF US (in costume maybe?) on the front page would be ideal!

By the way..I need a Mousketeer Rollcall for the "callsigns" of all our members for the Members page, please! I'll be posting my member page tonight for everyone to review and get an idea of what I'm thinking of for the members page. Please let me know what you think and what you would like to see changed.

18. Cephas

Feb 23, 2003
    the EVENTS page has some stuff posted now for the most recent events!

Also, I'm looking for a list of all web sites we want to post in our LINKS sections. From the 501st to Hasbro to sponsors for our events! Please give me a complete list and I will post them all!

Oh, I also changed the font on the site to give it a more pleasing look.

Enjoy!

19. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Pete,
    Could you please change the sponsor link that says "Shutterfly" to "Steve Renner Photography" As is it right now, the URL is not correct. It should be shutterfly.com/pro/steverennerphotography/nature Thanks!

20. Cephas

Feb 23, 2003
    so i POSTED LINKS TO THE pHOtobucket albums, and did some reformatting.
    Enjoy!

21. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    It looks AMAZING Pete!

Awesome job!! I ove it.... I like the set up you have for the member pages. Very nice. You'll have to get me the link so I can set up my profile. lol

Nice work Man!!

Later,
    TK

PS> I like how the photobucket page loads up as well. Very nice!! =D=

22. Cephas

Feb 23, 2003
    Fill out the info below and I will post it right away!

Designation:
    Home System:
    Favorite Holocron:
    First Experience With the Force:
    Joined the Mandalorians:
    Favorite Starship:
    Favorite Citizen:
    Favorite Collectible:
    Favorite Toy:
    Favorite Book:
    Most Embarassing Collectible:
    Misc:

23. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    hi Pete,
    Please post this link on the website ASAP. It is from the portsmouth herald. Will have more in the coming days.

24. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
  25. Cephas

Feb 23, 2003
    the link is posted......but it doesn't go anywhere. Is the link live yet or is it the wrong link?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.