main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~Newbie Adoptions - incl. Training Prog.- UPD.: 12/25- Adopt: Mara, Bklyn, Plysion and more

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Skiara , Dec 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cje24576

cje24576 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 21, 2010
    I'd like some more assistance with choosing an adopter. Thanks.

2. cje24576

Aug 21, 2010
    I'd like some more assistance with choosing an adopter. Also, could someone please delete my post above? Thanks.

3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Morgaine: I don't think she has. Maybe in the future she should have a backup Coordinator.

What kind of extra assistance are you looking for, cje? We'd be glad to help you out. :D

4. cje24576

Aug 21, 2010
    JEDIGUNSHIP: Well, I guess I'd just like to know which adopter would match my interests best?

5. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    Alright, let's see who's available... :)

Well, you listed so many forums you're interested in, I'm afraid I can't find anyone on the list who's active in all of them. But of course that doesn't mean they can't help you anyway! Anyone on the list should be able to answer all kinds of questions about the boards. Still, depending on where your focus lies, you might prefer one adopter over another. Here are two suggestions for you:

Miana Kenobi is quite active in the FanFiction area as well as FanForce. She also posts regularly in Costuming&Props, so you've got several of your interests covered there. Besides, she's a moderator, so she should definitely be able to help out with any kind of question. ;)

If you're actually more interested in the movie forums, our JEDIGUNSHIP here might actually be a match for you. He's quite active in the Star Wars Community and I've seen him posting in the Classic Trilogy forum too. And of course, you've already seen that he's a nice and helpful guy. :D

Oh, and don't worry about the double post. :) We don't actually have the ability to delete posts, only moderators do - but it's really no problem, they happen regularly. ;)

Gunny: We can ask her about that when she's back. :) I think her break should be almost over anyway!

6. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Thanks, Morgaine. I'm honored. :)

Yeah, I think we should bring that up. Team WNU needs to keep on rolling smoothly.

7. WookatMe

WookatMe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2010
    Morgaine,

I PMed Sith-Lord-Gunray and she said she would be willing to adopt me. She would read up on some of my posts and get back to me, I am still waiting to hear back. I certaintly don't want to rush her since she is doing me the favor. So we will see, I will make a post when things get rolling.

8. WookatMe

Aug 22, 2010
    Also, sorry for the delayed response. I haven't been on all week due to crazy babies[face_hypnotized]

9. cje24576

Aug 21, 2010
    Morgaine: Actually, in terms of my top choices, they would be the FanForce area and the Costuming & Props area. Thanks.

10. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Now that you've made a decision, I suggest you drop Miana a PM about wanting to be adopted. :)

11. Morgaine

Mar 19, 2001
    You're quite welcome, Gunny. ;)

Wookatme: Sounds good so far! :D If it's taking her several days to respond to you, I do think it would be okay for you to contact her again, make sure she hasn't forgotten about that PM she promised you. ;) For all we know, she might be trying to get in touch with our adoptions coordinator Skiara, who is rarely online at the moment. I'm certainly not suggesting for you to pressure her ;), but I don't want you have to wait too long either!

Also, a word of advice, if I may: :) Next time you want to add something to a thread you just posted to, use the "Edit" function and add it to your last message. You can find the link in the lower right corner of your message. "Double posting" is rather frowned upon, and I wouldn't want you to get in trouble for "spamming". :)

cje: Miana does seem to be a good adopter for you, then. :) Do you feel comfortable contacting her yourself, or would you prefer one of us establishing the contact for you? :confused:
    In case you're wondering how to send a private message, it's quite simple: A click on a username will take you to the person's profile. (Here's a link to Miana's profile.) In the top left corner of each profile (right above the "User Name: " part) you'll find the link labeled "Send Private Message". :))

12. cje24576

Aug 21, 2010
    Morgaine: I can contact her. Thanks. This may seem like a stupid question, but what exactly do I say (do I tell her the areas that I'm interested in)? Thanks.

13. Morgaine

Mar 19, 2001
    Ok, great. :)

Well, for starters, I'd suggest to mention this thread, so she knows why you're contacting her. ;) Telling her about your interests does seem like a good idea, too. Maybe explain why you would like to be adopted, what kind of assistance you're looking for?

Each adopter has their own style, so I'd probably just go with a short message for the first contact, make sure she is indeed still available and then see where it goes from there. She might have some ideas for you already. :)

I believe there is also some kind of training program that you and your adopter can do together and that'll help you get to know the forums better - but I came back to the forums after a long break myself quite recently, so I might not be completely in the loop here. Hopefully someone else will be along shortly to give you more information on that!

Keep us posted on how it goes with the two of you, please. :D

14. WookatMe

Aug 22, 2010
    Morgaine,

Thanks for the tip. I didn't know you could do that. And I certiantly would not want to offend. I am new to boards in general so all the tips are appreciated.

15. Morgaine

Mar 19, 2001
    Don't worry about it - that's why we're here. :D Hopefully your adopter will have lots of helpful little tips for you. :) (But of course you can still ask any of us here in the Welcome forum too, if there's something you're not sure about!)

16. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Yes, there is a training program you can do. :)

17. cje24576

Aug 21, 2010
    Morgaine It looks like Miana is very busy at the moment.

18. Morgaine

Mar 19, 2001
    Fels, thanks for the confirmation! :) Last time I adopted someone, that program did not exist yet... :p

cje: So she's too busy to adopt? Too bad. :( Well, let's see who else might be available, then.

There does not seem to be anyone else on the list who's been active in Costuming&Props recently, I'm afraid... why doesn't anyone look for an adopter who knows their way around Census&Games? We've got plenty of people there. :p

FelsGoddess, what about you - are you currently available to adopt? :confused: cje - I see you've both been posting in the FanFic forums, so there's a common interest already. :D And Fels has been around for a long time, so I think it's safe to assume she'll be able to help you with all the different forums we have. ;)

I'm sorry this is taking so long for you! :) Hopefully Skiara will be back soon, she should know the potential adopters better than me.

19. WhiteHorse

WhiteHorse Jedi Master star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    :confused: weird.. I see this topic listed twice.. bug?

Been a while since I posted on this.
    Hehe this topic brings back memories [face_blush]

edit:
    now it only shows one time again.
    Someone is messing with the matrix. :cool:

20. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Yes, I'm available. :)

21. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome WookatMe, Cje4576 and Padawan4687! :D

I'm sorry that I couldn't respond. First I was on holiday and then some RL stuff happened that needed my attention, so I extended my vacation to three weeks. I hope this didn't make you feel uncomfortable. :)

WookatMe, have you gotten any reply of Sith-Lord-Gunray? :)

Cje and Fels, have you talked about adoptionship? I think you would make a good adoption pair. :)

Padawan4687, have you read Morgaine's post on the other page? Have you contacted anyone from the list of free oldbies? Or do you need more assistence, so I look up an adopter? :)

First I like to thank you, Morgaine, Gunny and Fels, for helping out in adoptions! It's good to know such a good team in the back! You did a great job. [:D]

So far I haven't named a special backup for adoptions. On the one hand I wasn't away for more than one week and on the other hand normally this program isn't as busy as it seemed in the last few days anymore. So a special (full) backup would have been a bit of an overkill. But after these three weeks, I'll think about it the next time I'm away again. :)

22. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    No problem. :)

23. cje24576

Aug 21, 2010
    Morgaine: no need to apologize, it's not your fault. You can't control these things. Thanks for helping out.
    Skiara: You don't have to apologize either, I completely understand, and no it didn't make me feel uncomfortable in the least. And FelsGoddess and I haven't talked yet.

24. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Cje, how about sending a private message (PM) to Fels? She's a very friendly person and won't bite. :D

25. WookatMe

Aug 22, 2010
    Skiara:

No need to apologize to me either. I have been fine, not uncomfortable at all. And I have not heard from Sith-Lord-Gunray since she intially agreed. I just sent her a reminder message, so we will see if she gets back to me. I can be patient though, I realize some people have lives away from the boards. Some people.[face_mischief]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.