main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Newbie Welcome Party - The House-Warming Party!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Skiara , Sep 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    HALLO NEW USERS

oops caps

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Newbie type people persons: See my official decree buried at the bottom of the prior page. It could radically enhance your social life. And possibly help you meet your future spouse.

3. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I really appreciate your thoughts and ideas. Bringing up ideas helps to support improvement. :)

To your suggestions:

1. WNU is THE place to introduce yourself. Either you can post a new thread or you join one of the social threads and say "hi". It's up to every new member.

2. What do you mean about "general layout"? Something like a "map of the boards"? Since we moved only a few weeks ago, we are working on a new map already. It's just a question of days when it's up again.

3. Random thoughts can be posted in this thread - or you create a new thread for it. :)

4. It's sad to hear that adoptions didn't work for you. What were the reasons? What are your suggestion? What can we change? I'm really interested in seeing your view of things. If we can make adoptions better, than I'm all for it. :)

Since this is a social thread for general talking (and less WNU-specific things), I like to create a new thread. It would be nice, if you post your thoughts and answers in the new thread. Then we have everything in one place and can find it easier later on. :)

Edit: Here's the new thread: Ideas... :)

Have a nice weekend Mykee!! Don't eat too much! ;) :p

Allergics are annoying. Hope it won't be too bad, Sky. :)

4. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    hm just munching some cornflakes. keeps the heartburn down :p

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Just returned from a late breakfast with an old friend who came up for a visit. We were in a few bands together a lifetime ago. Good visit. But, I realized I have been drinking excessive amounts of tea with breakfast as of late, so I opted to count this morning. 14 cups of tea in one sitting. Goodbye stomach lining.

6. morrison85

May 13, 2005
    cdepends what kind of tea it is, roibos tea for example hasnt got any caffeine.

7. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    14 cups? How do you fit that much in your body?

I always start my workday with a giant mug of tea (usually decaf) as I'm checking my email. Very soothing.

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    We sat at our table for approx 2 hours. I peed multiple times.

See? That level of honesty just screams "Getting to know you better..."

Skiara likes this.
  9. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] Or TMI :p

Skiara likes this.
  10. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Hey, you did ask, princess...

11. Darth Avnius

Darth Avnius Jedi Youngling

Oct 14, 2012
    A party? And no one TOLD me? Don't be surprised if some of you feel a certain...tightness around your necks [face_devil]

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
  13. morrison85

May 13, 2005
    nah thats the chest.

14. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Gag reflex?

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I would lean toward gag reflex. Final answer.

16. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Hullo everyone! Well, the lovely Skiara said I should post around here more, and who can say no to her?

So hi guys. [:D]

Skiara likes this.
  17. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Welcome back, Rew!

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I have had this song stuck in my head for literally months. Every day, no matter what else I listen to, watch, or even perform myself... I cannot get the Shirelles out of my skull.

19. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Thanks, NYC-G! What's new with you? Haven't talked to you in a while!

20. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I'm not clicking that link MyKe1138...why? Cause I don't want that song stuck in my head! It's bad enough I have Gungnam Style there as it is! :p

21. morrison85

May 13, 2005
    Hi Rew howsit?

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Gungnam is awful. Cannot wait until this fad passes. I am sorry for your current mental predicament. "Mama said..." may actually have the bleaching power to clean bad dancing out of your brain. Worth a try. You want to click that on that video... you know you do...

23. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I so do not! Had a Sixteenth birthday party here last Saturday night for my daughter....Gungnam style came on and I have to be honest, it was the ONLY time Every teen was on the Dance Floor, boys included! That alone impressed me. There were three 'geeky girls' there (who played chess alot of the night) who even danced to that one song. But I want it to go away now... it was like Sexy and I know it.......seeing my husband doing that one....disturbing.

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    That sounds like a Greek tragedy. A party that featured both a dance floor and a chess board...? You designed this party to turn out like Carrie, didn't you? Did those poor girls sit next to the punchbowl looking all forlorn? :p
    WNU is dead this evening. Not much to report. I am considering a username change.

25. morrison85

May 13, 2005
    gangnam style. I only watched it once, but I generally like to understand what they are singing. At least it doesnt seem as horrible as call on me back in the day, ...
    It is nice he has a bit of fame in the western world, but des every sportsman have to copy it, it is nearly as stupid as the sprinkler dance :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.