main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Newbies/Oldbies, how did you come up with your user name?

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by BKK, Sep 26, 2003.

1. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I've always been an Empire fan and loved the Imperial Navy, so Admiral as in Piett or Ozzel. Then I took the last name of my "alter-ego". Admiral_Volshe. :)

2. Blue Ice Cream

Blue Ice Cream Chosen One star 6

Aug 9, 2006
    Sounds good, Volshe. :) Basically, I joined during my obsession with RoS. Hence, epithree. It was that simple.

I know... pretty lame. I didn't have a clever name in mind. I just wanted to get on the boards quickly. :D

By the way, ESB is my favorite film, regardless of my username.

Shira A'dola and Admiral_Volshe like this.
  3. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    I have to credit my mother for Frank and my father for T.

4. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    "Mortis" from the Mortis trilogy of The Clone Wars, "315" comes from the episode number of the first episode in that arc: Season 3, Episode 15.

The "Lord" was thrown in for good measure. :p

pronker, epithree and Admiral_Volshe like this.
  5. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    I picked 'pronker' because when first online in 2005, I bounded from site to site and obtained an email addy for the first time, and the whole internet thing, to me, is a big blob. To 'pronk' is to leap or bound, and holding a degree in linguistics, I liked the verb with its Dutch/Boer origins. A pronker is an antelope, as well: "[... uses] a behavior called pronking, a method of locomotion where the animal jumps vertically with an arched back and lands on all four rigidly straight legs." (from the Animal Planet's website) I hope I don't look as silly when I am online, but I wouldn't be surprised if I do. When Pepe LePew pursues Mlle. Penelope Pussycat, he often pronks after her.

Admiral_Volshe likes this.
  6. ElivagarV

ElivagarV Jedi Knight

Sep 11, 2012
    The Elivagar was a set of rivers formed at the beginning of the world in Norse mythology. The 'V'... I sometimes put 'Vimur' at the end, which was the name of one of the rivers, but I wanted to keep it short. Plus, episode V is my favorite so I guess it makes some sense. :p

7. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Neat - it uses a classic mythology source and the Lucas mythology!

8. Sure_leia

Sure_leia Jedi Knight

Sep 4, 2012
    Years ago, I created a blog post as Sure_leia, and I always like it. It obviously comes from the part in Empire where Leia says, "Will you please stop calling me that?" Han responds, "Sure, Leia," a little bit mockingly casual. :) However, my concern has been that people might take it to mean something else. In the Saturday Night Live skit with Carrie, someone makes a joke "Princess Lay-a!" But, oh well. It's what I've had, and I'm sticking with it. Just simple.

9. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    I can't believe I haven't answered that question yet...

My user name actually comes from the one I came up with for the OC in my LOTR fanfic (started in 2001, as of yet unpublished, and still very much a work in progress), who is Legolas's twin sister. I wanted to have something original, so I took her name for my own, and added a "1138" to give it a Lucas-SW twist. It means "maiden of golden light" in Elvish. As a nod to SW, Padmé and her handmaidens, though, I usually sign my posts with a shortened form: Lauré.

Cheers,
    Lauré:)

10. immertreu

immertreu Jedi Master star 2

Feb 4, 2012
    Hi everyone! My username comes from a book or rather a series, the Song of the Lioness Quartet by Tamora Pierce. Immertreu (that's German for Faithful - yup, I'm from Germany) is a wonderful brave and stubborn and funny cat that died for his owner, a girl that wanted to be a knight. They are childrens' fantasy novels, but I still love them because I sort of grew up with Alanna (the girl in the books). I first chose my username when I started exploring the online world many years ago, and I've used it ever since. I decided to go with the German word because it's rather unique on the mostly English speaking internet.

11. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I was watching a special 12 years ago on African children starving and there was one little girl who caught my heart.....sadly she died by the end of the show and my heart broke. Her name was Adalia. And the second half? Guess EU Fans.... :p

Dandelo likes this.
  12. Malthael

Malthael Jedi Master star 1

Sep 27, 2012
    Malthael is the one of the members of the Angiris Council from the Diablo series.

13. Silas Tri

Silas Tri Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 6, 2012
    Back in the early 1990s I was pretty heavily involved in the original Star Wars role-playing game. This is the name of my character from that period. Honestly I don't remember how I came up with it other than to say that I always liked the name Silas (from Silas Marner). For the suffix, I just thought "Tri" (pronounced "try") sounded good with it.

14. AlkalineAmidala

AlkalineAmidala Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2012
    Alkaline Trio is my favorite band. Padme Amidala was/is my favorite Star Wars Character (who was a girl).

15. -Remi-

-Remi- Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 8, 2007
    Remi was short for reminiscent_jedi, a username I used at another board I prowl around at. I guess people got tired of squinting at their computer screens and mouthing/typing out the word reminiscent apparently. [face_dunno]

I like it though, short and easy to remember. :)

16. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Mine is fairly self-explanatory. Skywalker (in this case Luke) T-65 (the military name for the X-Wing.

So hence, Luke Skywalker, and X-Wings. See, simple.:p

17. Darth Chip

Darth Chip Jedi Grand Master

Aug 7, 1999
    People call me Chip as a nickname. I thought the Darth title was cool. So I combined them into Darth Chip, a name I though would strike fear all over the Jedi Council forums.

18. DBZGTKOSDH

DBZGTKOSDH Jedi Master star 1

Aug 31, 2013
    Mine is related to Dragon Ball, since I'm a big fan of it as well. It stands for Dragon Ball (manga & anime), Dragon Ball Z (anime), Dragon Ball GT (anime), Dragon Ball Kai (anime), Dragon Ball Online (game, continuation of the manga), Dragon Ball SD (manga adaptation of the... manga), and Dragon Ball Heroes (game & mini-mangas). They are the sub-franchises of the DB franchise. I was registering in a DB forum, and I didn't know what user names I should add, so I thought "why not this?". :p And now I've sticked to it.

19. Kara Skydancer

Kara Skydancer Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2014
    I really like the Battlestar Galactica 2004 TV series and the character Kara Thrace/Starbuck, so I took her first name.
    Skydancer just popped into my mind when I thought about a user name and I like that it's similar to Skywalker.

Toller Name! Und du hast Recht, er is einzigartig hier unter den ganzen Englischen :)

20. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Big fan of the Big Bang Theory as well as the show that goes by the same name. :p

21. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    'Tunick' is my real life last name... the Darth part is rather self explanatory*.

*Even if it was a completely uninspired/unoriginal choice. :p

22. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    ...and I always thought Tunick is some self-created name. Fits and sounds good! :)

DBZ, thanks for re-posting. :D

DarthTunick likes this.
  23. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    My first username on here was anakinsolo719, just the username I run with about every other site. It comes from my favorite Star Wars character, and my 2 favorite numbers, 7 and 19. I originally made it while the email system didn't work on the old boards, so even though I was registered I couldn't get online. So I lurked, and after a time, I realized the name didn't quite fit well here, so when the temp boards came around, I registered there as Revan_AnakinSolo (Revan is my second favorite character), and that's how I came to be known in that community. But when the boards came back, I'd already registered as anakinsolo719, so until I figured out that it was possible to change your name, that's how I went by, with a note in my sig indicating that I was Revan_AnakinSolo. Eventually I found out how to get my name changed to that. But then, the way my name was cut into parts got on my nerves, and I had it changed one last time, to Anakin Solo Revanchist.

24. Obi-yoda

Obi-yoda Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 10, 2014
    I got my username by adding a hyphen in my typical video game username. It should be obvious how THAT name came about ;)

25. squir1y

squir1y Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2003
    I used to be very fond of the movie Bio-Dome. squir1y was Pauly Shore's character's nickname. I grew out of the movie, but I've pretty much used it for everything since.