main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Next Meeting: February 9th at noon at the Convention Center in downtown Sacramento

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Aunt Jar Jar Mimah, Jan 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Master star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    An enormous Star Trek Convention will be at the the Sacramento Convention Center at 13th and J both Saturday and Sunday that weekend. I propose we meet inside the Convention Center building in the internal Starbucks area from 12 noon - about 12:30 on Saturday. At that point hopefully everyone will have arrived, and we can go inside the exhibit halls together (I have a feeling it'll be very crowded, so I worry we'd never find each other inside the actual exhibit halls).

Tickets aren't cheap, so save up your Republic Credits. General Admission is $25 in advance through BASS or http://creationent.com/calendar_frame.html or you can pay $30 at the door. Pretty much every big ST star will be there, and I hear we'll find booths from every type of Sci Fi too.

http://creationent.com/calendar_frame.html, for more information on the convention.

I'll be amid the tables at the Starbucks before noon. You can see the Starbucks and their take-out window outside the convention center, but there is a normal Starbucks with tables just inside the building at the Northwest side of the new convention center, facing the Sheraton Grand Hotel.

I recommend you park on the left at 13th and J right across the street from the convention center (Bring extra cash for that too. They charge by the hour normally, but usually charge $5 for special events like this). The Sheraton Grand and Imax theater on the right have a lot directly across from the convention center and Starbucks too, but they charge a fortune.

I hope you can attend. Pm me any questions! :)

2. sacul-1138

sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 9, 2000
    Sounds like fun, I should be there.

[image=http://www.liquid2k.com/jedinight/gif/darthobi.gif]

3. Sac-Town-Knight

Sac-Town-Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2001
  4. pacman

pacman Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2002
    ahhh man, you mean we have to mingle with a whole bunch of trekies?!?! :) J/K, sounds like fun, count me in.

5. bright sith

bright sith Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 1999
    Same here.

6. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    I too, shall be there. Disguised as toilet paper, circling Uranus searching for Klingons. ;)

7. TK409

TK409 Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2001
    We have 4 Stormtroopers and a Tie Pilot going on Saturday so far. Noon sounds like a good time to meet. See you all there.

8. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    Awesome! We'll have a great turn-out! :D

9. Jeremyguy

Jeremyguy Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 1998
    I wish I could be there.... :_|

10. sacul-1138

sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 9, 2000
    Creation Convention

Gonna be alot of Old School Trek there too...wow this will be a huge event mesa think.

11. Monsoon-Tier

Monsoon-Tier Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2001
    Hello all,
    Sorry I haven't posted since our 1st meeting. Things have been pretty busy with my Coast Guard work, you know saving lives and all. I just wanted to let you all know that I really enjoyed meeting SW Fans who were just like me. Now I don't own a costume or anything yet. I was really impressed with CA Garrisons cool ST outfits. I'm slowing starting to want to get some kind of outfit. My wife laughs when I mention it. I still need to come out of my SW shell. So maybe I will live vicariouly through my 4yo son and dress him up. He's a big fan of SW as well ;).
    LDV sorry to hear that they decided to postpone your pain. I look forward to seeing you, AJJM and the rest of the fan force. Hopefully I will be able to keep myself from busting up with all the pointy ears floating around.
    Later

12. crutag-ventor

crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Are new comers welcome? A few friends and I were planning on going to your first meeting, but we already scheduled that day for shooting a Star Wars fan film that we have been working on for quite some time. We are in our mid 20?s and heard about this on KFBK.

13. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Welcome C-V.

Sure, the more the merrier! Tell us about this movie!!?? sounds very cool!! Hope to meet you at our next meeting!

Monsoon!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad to hear from you bro!! Well let me know what type of costume you are going for.

14. crutag-ventor

Jan 29, 2002
    Great I?ll be there. Our fan film will be finished in April and will hopefully be here at TFN. We have been shooting at remote locations of Folsom Lake. We have a web site up with a teaser trailer and character profiles. Everything is at the beginning stages for now but you can see it at www.adeceptionoftheforce.com. I play Darth Bane

15. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    WOW v-c!! I just saw the teaser! That's awesome!!! very cool. Let me know if you need any help with any fan films. I would love to get involved in something like that!

16. crutag-ventor

Jan 29, 2002
    Thank you! It is truly amazing the amount of work it takes to make a film. If we need additional help I will keep you in mind. Thanks again.

17. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    SWEET! Welcome crutag!! I'm glad you heard about us. Of course we'd love to meet you at the convention in February. Your movie sounds fantastic!

I'm rather proud of myself for getting a mention of our meeting on KFBK. [face_mischief]

18. Jeremyguy

Sep 11, 1998
    Go, Sac FanForce! (And Auntie!)

19. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    Oh yeah, we're cool.

20. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    One week, two days, and counting!!!

;)

21. gundar421

gundar421 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 3, 2001
    I can I bring my kids? 7 & 8

22. Jeremyguy

Sep 11, 1998
    Star Wars and kids? Are you kidding? ;)

23. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Hey those are future Sac Chapter leaders!! of course they can!! ;) But ya better check with Auntie ;)

24. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Oct 10, 1999
    Absolutely bring your kids! :D A few of the 501st costume group are joining us as well, in costume. If you want your kids picture taken next to a storm trooper, bring your camera.

Wow! We're going to have a great group! I can't wait!

25. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.