main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

No Hope Left: Resident Evil 6

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth-Lando, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Coming Nov 20 2012.

Leon and Chris are both playable characters in what looks like two separate campaigns that will no doubt entwine with each other by game's end. What really excites me is that the Leon side looks more "survial horror"-style (old school Resident Evil) while the Chris side seems more actiony (live RE5). Hopefully this will appease fans of both styles. November suddenly feels very far away.

2. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    Day one purchase for me either way, but I really hope we get to run and shoot in this one.

3. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    ...Capcom, you had me at "Leon."

4. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I think I pooped myself a little when I saw that trailer. Can't wait to explore a zombie-infested city again.

5. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Looks like 3 campaigns. Leon, who seems to have a more traditional horror campaign based on a T-Virus outbreak. Chris who seems to have a more Gears of War flavored campaign based on the parasites from 4 and 5. And whoever that new guy is, who apparently has the answer to the zombies in his blood.

This definately looks exciting if nothing else. And I honestly wasn't expecting it to be due this year! :D I'm now torn between what I'm more eager for. Resi 6 or Halo 4.

6. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Well there is co-op like in RE5 so I'm assuming that new guy is Chris's partner. I'm pretty sure Ashley was in that trailer too so she may be teamed up with Leon and hopefully she's more than a screaming McGuffin this time.

7. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    Speaking of Ashley, and the fact that she's back -- did Leon ever change his mind about hitting that?

8. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Looks fantastic. I'm interested to see who that third male lead is. We saw Chris, Leon and the hand-to-hand Jason Bourne style guy.

9. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
  10. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I'm interested in their source, seeing as there is a voice in the trailer that sounds exactly like Ashley's. Not to mention there is a president who Leon is supposed to be a good friend of in the trailer. Off the back of that alone I'd say she's at least got to have one appearance in the game.

Piecing things together in the trailer Leon is reluctant to shoot zombie prez because he's trying to keep him alive while Ahsley is trying to get the cure from the unnamed protagonist's blood. Of course that's just a fan theory, but I like to think it fits. :p

11. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    The Xbox 360 to receive the Resident Evil 6 demo a full two months before the PS3...if you buy Dragon's Dogma first.

From the article:

12. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    So...anyone playing this? I've played through Leon's first chapter but haven't had much time to play it beyond that. Any thoughts?

13. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    I got through the whole game a few days ago. The Leon/Helena Campaign is probably the best overall. Knowing luck I'm probably in the minority, but I kinda thought that the Jake/Sherry one was pretty good too (although going through Chapter 2 the first time... ugh). Also, I get a kick out of the idea of another Wesker/Birkin teamup .8-} Chris/Piers wasn't bad, but there was a reason I jokenly referred to it as "Resident Duty: Call of Evil" :p. It was also the one that surprised me at the end. Ada's (which unlocks after you finish the other three) was okay too. It's the only one that's single player only, and has more puzzles (at least in the first half).

My short review? I liked it, thought it was better than RE5 overall. If you're hoping for something to scare your pants off though? I'd probably give it a pass. Admittedly though, I'm getting pretty used to seeing zombies and other hellspawn of that sort, so they don't really creep me out anymore. There were a handful of suspenseful moments to be sure (like riding around in that HUMVEE in Chapter 5 of Leon's campaign), but they're pretty spread out. There's one bit in Ada's campaign (Chapter 4) that would have been really creepy, I think, if the action-y music was instead more suspenseful.

14. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I am fan of Resident Evil, but I liked the series better when Albert Wesker was still alive.
    I loved Wesker's commentary in The Umbrella Chronicles.
    Does anyone miss Wesker?