main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

No more Banthas in Bakersfield?

Discussion in 'Archive: Bakersfield CA' started by grandolephil, Jun 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grandolephil

grandolephil Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2006
    Did you all migrate out of town? I'd really like to get a group together some day.

2. JediPastor

JediPastor Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2005
    I'm still here.

I haven't heard from anyone for a while but I lurk around about once a week to see if anything is new. I'm interested in making another Lightsaber Choreography Competition entry for the fanfilm forums. I might need some extra lightsaber fighters. It would be fun to just get together and play/fight. I'm not much of a collector and I usually can't make too many trips out of town but I like to lightsaber fight.

3. grandolephil

May 21, 2006
    What kind of sabers are you using, I assume stunt sabers to be edited in post production?

Here's a link to a podcast I've been hooked on. http://www.swactionnews.com/ They started taking donations to run 30 second messages and I put in a call for the Bakersfield Banthas. Give it a listen, it's episode XLI.

Dude, email me grandolephil@hotmail.com thanks!

4. JediPastor

JediPastor Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2005
    My frind and I custom make our own fighting sabers. The hilts are made of PVC pipe decorated with chrome tape and cut into overlapping shapes. The blades are interchangable (for when we break them) and are made using old golf club shafts. They are very light and can take quite a beating.

5. grandolephil

May 21, 2006
    When and where JediPastor? I'm usually at Paladin Gaming from about 12:00 -3:00 on saturday then I have to get to work. Come on over and ask for Phil if ya want.

6. Zhi-don

Zhi-don Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    Greetings from Orange County;

I think I met you guys once before at a park across from my friends house. I come up there once every month or so. I would love to have someone to bang sticks with when I'm up there. I will be there this weekend from Saturday until Tuesday. PM me your number and I will call you when I'm there. Maybe we can get together for some sparring.

7. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Hey Don, let us know when you are up this way..Jos and I are only about another 45 min north and would love to come down and bang sticks as well. JediPastor..we are also into saberfighting...as Don knows! ;)

8. Zhi-don

Zhi-don Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    JEDIPASTOR;

Listen to Kim, you should. Quite good both of them are.

I wanted to let you know that I enjoyed are time at the park. I wish we could have had more time. I posted comments on our board under the lightsaber training class thread. Here is the link to our boards:

http://boards.theforce.net/board.asp?brd=10123

Looking forward to meeting up with you guys again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.