main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO No, we've never been formally introduced. Hello, I'm... (The Intro Thread)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedigal, Mar 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Welcome PT :) Glad to have another gamer round these parts :D

2. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    Hi Patrick, welcome to the group. :)

3. danscuda

danscuda Jedi Youngling

Jul 13, 2006
    my name is dan and this event is for all the stat wars fans with part of the proceeds going to childrens local charities if any questions contact info is listed

4. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2002
    Welcome Charlie & Patrick!

5. Saccorian_princess

Saccorian_princess Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2006
    Hello all ! [face_batting]

I hope I did this right! I'm not trying to do a "reply". I'm a newbie and this is my first post! Thanks again jedi_runya for the invite! Oh well, here goes!!

Name: Felecia Taylor

AGE/BIRTHDATE: 37 dob - 6/17/69

LOCATION(S): STL ! (Florissant to be exact!)

OCCUPATION/DRUDGERY: The term "drudgery" DEFINETLY hits the nail on the head!! ---I'm a Data Analyst for a local Fortune 500 company. Eh, it pays the bills and sometimes allows me to have a little "play money"!

FAMILY/PETS: does dust bunnies count?!?! ---JUST KIDDIN!! none! (working full time & going to school full time does not leave a gal much time for pets!)

SW FAN SINCE: Empire Strikes Back! ---Luke was so hot [to me!] in this movie. Mentioning "Luke" look at this guy: http://www.bigwebs.com/lookalikes/look8.htm[/link] ---Talk about everyone having a double...YIKES!

HOW I INDULGE MY SW OBSESSION: I have three ways I "indulge" they are:
    #1 - Coming home & popping in one of the 6 movies OR
    #2 - Hopping on line and buying myself SOMEthing/SOME Star Wars object! (btw - does anyone know of a local store to purchase an R2-D2 telephone?
    and my last way of indulging (and my FAV way!)
    #3 - I get others to support my habit!!! I have co-workers, friends and "some" family (still working on them!) "trained" to give me Star Wars gifts for birthday & Christmas! ---HEY, don't knock it till ya try it!!:D

OTHER SCI-FI INTERESTS: Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis (Ronan Dex..OH yeah!! [face_love] ) , The 4400, The Dead Zone and quite a few "made for TV" sci-fi movies ! (Hey I missed this past Friday's episodes of both Stargates! :_| What happened?!?)

OTHER OTHER INTERESTS: I love hoping on line to buy dolls, clothes and shoes, catching a good classic swash buckler like The Black Swan with classic hottie Tyrone Power [face_love]or a technicolor goodie like the Golden Voyage of Sinbad. I also really enjoy bringing my Sunday's to a quiet close with TCM's "Silent Sundays"...airing of silent movies. After a long day of work & school my favorite way to unwind is by checking out Cartoon Network's Adult Swim Japanese anime. GO INUYASHA, TRIGUN & FULL METAL!! I'm also tossing around the thought of learning how to fly! What can I say? I'm my father's daughter!! --He's into comedy, sci-fi and flying too!

MUSICAL TASTES: pretty much everything on Z107.7 and many things from 101.1, 104.9, 105.7 and Y98. ---Yep, I pretty much channel surf in the car too!

CHAT ID'S: :confused: ?!?! sorry this & e-mail is it!!

Okay, TAG! You guys are it! I've gone on & on (and on and on) about me! Your turn!!:)

6. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    Felecia I was thinking I was going to have to start spaming your email...lol. Wow looking at your 'other' interests, it is amazing how much we have in common. All the shows you listed are the only ones I ever watch (did you see this weeks SGA??? OMG!) Anyway, I am glad you came, and please jump in! I promise those who bite, only nip... :p

7. Saccorian_princess

Jul 30, 2006
    "Spamming my e-mail" huh? Real funny! 8-} So tell me, how does it feel to be finished with Columbia? (btw, Congrats!) I cannot wait until I'm finished! ---Among other things I want to do, I have SO many Star Wars books I want to read!! Last summer while on vacation I spent $150 at the Barnes & Nobles stocking up on SW books that, due to having so much homework, I have not been able to read!!:mad: This has left me feeling SO out of the loop. I mean I had to learn of Anakin (Solo) and Chewie's "fates" thru word of mouth! So thanks again for telling me about this site! I'm really glad I'm here!!

...see ya! [face_peace]

8. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Welcome! I got my R2 phone from EBay, don't know that anyone locally has them anymore. Warning though, the phone is annoying as all hell, I don't even plug it in anymore it's so annoying.

9. Saccorian_princess

Jul 30, 2006
    Hi! :)

Thanks for the welcome!! Ebay huh? Funny you mention that. For most things "hard to find" locally, that's one of the routes I normally take. I was just hoping and wishing that it was some place locally they could be found. *sigh* Oh thanks for the "annoying as hell" warning too!!

...bye![face_peace]

10. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    Hi Felecia, welcome to the STLFF. :D

11. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    Welcome! Christina said she was urging someone to start posting. It's about time!:)

12. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Welcome Felecia!

13. Saccorian_princess

Jul 30, 2006
    Thank you!:)

As a matter of fact, thank you to everyone for the warm welcome! So, what's new? What have I missed? ---I just figure with my dumb luck I have...and 9 times out of 10 I'm correct!

14. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    You've missed nothing much except that we're starting to make September meeting plans. Why not stop in the thread and see what's been suggested and/or give your own suggestion? We always welcome new ideas for meetings :)

15. NIBBOR11

NIBBOR11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    Welcome Saccorian Princess. Enjoy your stay.

16. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Hello, I'm Errant_Venture and some of you may remember me from such events as: Dragon*Con. In which I played a slightly drunk Colonial Officer. Howdy folks.

17. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Hey Venture! Welcome to our boards!

18. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Hello Venture! I expect to see you around here quite a bit more now.;)

19. Jedi_Master_Medic

Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2005
    Hey nice to meet you!
    Welcome!
    Was the a Officer from the movie ALIENS?
    Was not at Dragon Con myself.

WELCOME ALL NEW FOLKS!

20. Padraeic_Whills

Padraeic_Whills Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2006
    Whoa a north county person. Welcome Felicia

Hazelwood here :D

21. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Slightly? Our ice bucket said otherwise :p

22. Sith_Lord_Chewy

Sith_Lord_Chewy Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2006
    Hello everyone. I'm new here and just wanted to say hi. My name is Avery St. James and I'm 28 from Chesterfield.

23. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Welcome, Avery! I'm glad you found us. Hope you'll stick around--I think we're a pretty fun group.;)

24. Sith_Lord_Chewy

Sith_Lord_Chewy Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2006
    Yeah, I didn't even know this existed. I was goofing off on the internet and found it. Apparently it's been here a LOOONG time. lol

25. NIBBOR11

NIBBOR11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    Welcome Avery.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.