main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Non Spoiler Forum Brouhaha...Big Question Marks

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Fatboy_Roberts, Apr 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Wan McCartney

Obi-Wan McCartney Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 1999
    Hmm, feeling the need to put yourselves above others by flaming them in your sig, doesn't sound like you are fully self actualized Joey. But I am glad you feel cool for having it, dig me man?

2. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    "It's easy to say "Just let it go," when you're not the one being accused."

No, I'm only saying "let it go" because the matter seems to have been settled. I do think that DLM was too harsh in banning Ternian, but she's given ground by lifting the ban if he stays out of the NSA forum.
    Whether Ternian posted spoilers or not is irrelevant IMHO. DLM told him to stop posting in the non-spoiler reports, and he refused.
    I admit that I don't know precisely what was posted, but DLM, as the admin, had the final say on the matter.
    And I again reiterate my view that Ternian's and Joey's sigs are just childish.

3. Ternian

Ternian Jedi Youngling star 4

May 16, 2000
    Commander Antilles,

"DLM told him to stop posting in the non-spoiler reports, and he refused."

- That is where you are WRONG. How could I possibly have posted after DLM told me not to, when BOTH threads were closed at that time?

Again, please get your facts straight before posting.

Ternian.

4. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    Right from the horse's mouth:

"After seeing the shameful state the non-spoiler forum had fallen to when I returned two weeks later, I decided to crack down on spoilers. This time, all of my warnings to Ternian were made publically. I told him more times than I can count that in NS "We do not discuss spoilers, we do not allude to them, we do not even acknowledge their existence." I even told him TWICE that this was his last chance to shape up his behavior. I told him I did not mind his remaining in NS as long as he abided by the No discussions-no allusions-no acknowledgement rule, but he just ignored me. He started version 2 of his so-called "Non-spoiler report", which was again laden with spoilers, and I locked it telling him it was in violation of my stipulation. So what did he do when I locked his thread? He upped the original Non-spoiler report and continued THE SAME DAMN DISCUSSION I had just told him was inappropriate. At last, after I locked that thread, he retreated to the "Let Ternian Speak" thread and continued mouthing off. So, I finally banned him."

That seems pretty clear and straightforward to me!

5. Joey7F

Joey7F Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2000
    Obi-Wan McCartney :
    --------
    Hmm, feeling the need to put yourselves above others by flaming them in your sig, doesn't sound like you are fully self actualized Joey. But I am glad you feel cool for having it, dig me man?
    -----------------

I don't feel the need to put myself above another. My signature doesn't indicate this anymore than it does when I call Clinton apiece of crap. I believe he is corrupt, a traitor, and a rapist. I AM better than he is, and I say it, this does not mean that I somehow feel bad about myself.

Are you self actualized OWM? I mean you feel the need to try to make others in the forum feel like they aren't self actualized by telling them that their signatures are trying to convey superiority. What does that say about you? Actually it says that Mazlov is an idiot, and this paradox can go into perpetuity.

--Joey

6. Obi-Wan McCartney

Aug 17, 1999
    It was just a theory man, what are you a freshman in college?

And second, what in the world does this have to do with our fine and wonderful former President? How dare you call him a, what, rapist? That is absurd!!! You can take little pot shots and my boys with your silly sigs, but don't arbitrarily attack the great William J., because that can be a whole other thread pal. You, me, jc community, right now.

7. Crystena77

Crystena77 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 1999
    Ok... this just got stupid.

8. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    again I protest the word *Just*

this has been stupif for several pages now.

9. Crystena77

Crystena77 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 1999
    Which is sad, cause there really is an issue at the heart of this.

But it looks like it's going to get clouded by this pointless bickering.

And this *bickering* more than likely will be used as an excuse not to reply.

Sad.

10. Ternian

Ternian Jedi Youngling star 4

May 16, 2000
    Commander Antilles,

If you had read the PM's and Rules of the Forum, you will know that Dark Lady Mara's letter to the admins is 99 per cent lies and misleading statements.

Oh, the other 1 percent? That was true. She did ban me.

Ternian

11. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    A question for you NS people, after all of this, if Ternian goes back into the NS forum do you honestly think that he's going to post anything even remotly close to a spoiler? Do you honestly think he is that stupid?

My opinion, right now, I can't see why Ternian is making a big deal about it, no offense (I think he has a right to get the DLM stuff cleared up), but right now, based on what I have seen from some of the NS posters, I don't want to post in the NS forum. It doesn't seem like a very friendly community.

12. Obi-Wan McCartney

Aug 17, 1999
    Which is wierd, because for awhile we were considered the friendliest community.

13. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    That certainly isn't the image I have taken from this whole thing.

14. Sith Interceptor

Sith Interceptor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 1999
    "Which is wierd, because for awhile we were considered the friendliest community."

- the operative word being 'were'.

Long live TERNIAN!

15. eaglejedi

eaglejedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 2, 2001
    Jedi ambassadors will be sent to investigate this matter.
    I must slightly agree with CA on the sigs; they are a little over the top.
    "There is much anger in him."
    Eaglejedi, Jedi Knight
    I shall respect someone else's opinion
    I shall not spam or troll
    I respect the admins of the JC
    I shall use humor and logic when things start looking nasty.
    There is no emotion, there is peace;
    There is no ignorance, there is wisdom;
    There is no passion, there is serenity;
    There is no death, there is the Force.

16. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    OK, after reading the last pages just now I must say that the only thing close to spoiler that Ternian has posted is the thing where he answered my question about the colour of Amidala's clothes. I would never think that that would ruin the film for you, but I also must admit that I haven't seen all of the stuff that had been edited out because of spoilers.

17. No blasters!

No blasters! Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 14, 2000
    What finally happened here? DLM? Ternian?

18. hew

hew Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 1999
    Ternian, as far as I know, can post anywhere except the NS forum, and Mara will probably be away for quite a while.

Hopefully the other admins will enjoy cleaning up after the various trolls/spoilers in the NS forum. If today is any indication, they've got their work cut out for them...

19. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    I think the plan was to just ignore the problem in hopes that people would get tired of it and it would go away. And it would have worked too, if not for you meddling kids!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.