main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NorthEastern Quarter

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by FatBurt, Oct 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Here is where those that go into town without shirts on cos in ain't that cold, can discuss how they will help the Northern Chapter.

2. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    'Kill them....kill them all!!!!'

Welcome to the North East thread!

Imagine the following as the opening Star Wars crawl...:D

'Darlington is now the new Coruscant....

Jedi Masters Booth, Ogli and Edgejedi88 now reside in what was the evil empire of Darlington town centre and O'Briens is our New Republic HQ (well - occasionaly - when there is space there - after all - there are only a couple of tables...[face_thinking] )

We welcome all North Eastern species here without discrimination - Mackems, Geordies or other North Eastern variants (check the map to see if you fit here just in case!)

http://boards.theforce.net/North/b10739/21856736/?0

Together we will dominate the Northern parts that matter - where the evil Chav Empire will be destroyed and crime will be wiped off our streets!

We aim to meet regularly and here is the place to find out about those meets. If you want to be kept upto date, then check (tick) the box to the left noted as Recieve Notifications when you post a message (go on be brave - you are from the North east after all!!!!). Everytime someone posts a reply to this thread you will be informed with an automatic e mail - this means you will never miss the opportunity to join in our meets!

To date we have met at Alton Towers

[image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/edgejedi88/AltonTowers1.jpg]

...York...(yes - some of us have fun and dress in costume too - occasionally!)

[image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/edgejedi88/JediJasenDave.jpg]

...and some of us met briefly in London at the Episode III Premiere...

[image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/edgejedi88/FanForceUKcelebrationday16.jpg]

If you are interested in joining our ranks, then just post a message here and we will pick you up along the way and make contact. We are friendly and dont bite like the Southern Contingents do....

May The Brown Ale (sorry - read 'Force')Be With You...Always!

3. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Just don't go down any alleyways: http://www.thisisthenortheast.co.uk/the_north_east/news/NEWS0.html

:eek: :rolleyes: [face_sick] :mad:

4. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Thanks Lord O for not posting the link to the news site about the guy who has recently ben spotted dressing up with a nappy and a Darth Vader mask....you could have given the North East a bad name if that went up here....O:)

I did post this to Private Message didnt I? Oops... [face_blush]

5. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Hey guys - anyone fancy going to this?

http://boards.theforce.net/Midlands/b10718/21688779/?51

Entry will cost £9.95 and at maximum, for three people going by car, petrol should cost about £10-15 each. Looks like a fantastic day! More people = cheaper! I can fit 4 plus me in the car.

About 3 hours to get there....

[face_thinking]

6. Lord_Ogli

Oct 5, 2001
    £15 each? I could get a bus for that :p Seriously though, I'm gonna be broke over christmas.

7. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    aye....you wait to you have to pay these petrol prices mate and run a car...:p

its a 300 odd mile round trip man, door to door service and great music to boot on the way....how can ye refuse?

xmas? bah humbug....

star wars? yipee!

8. Lord_Ogli

Oct 5, 2001
    Thats why i havn't wasted money on driving lessons, I'm waitin for electric cars.

I'll group that trip with "waitin for loan" persuits.

9. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    A north eastern section Yay! :) Im living in Middlesbrough because of Uni but I'm originally from south tyneside :p

10. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Cool JPL!

Darlo is the place we seem to 'hang out' and mostly nearest to us all - not too far from Boro eh? Look forward to meeting up!

Dear all, can we confirm a date for the next meet please in Darlo (pending pay packets, days off, et all...) :confused:

Get posting!

11. Lord_Ogli

Oct 5, 2001
    I get paid on thu, think my next day off adter that will be the thu after. (20th) If ya wanna make one for then? 2 weeks should give ppl chance to try and arrainge something.

12. BASS_BIN

BASS_BIN Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2005
    Darlo is like hoth, crap n cold.

Newcaslte is the bright centre of the galaxy

13. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Hi Bass Bin - welcome on board and glad you found our thread in the midsts of the North! =D=

Newcastle is a great place to hang out - and has Forbidden Planet too! I was there the other day - they have the new range of M&M Star Wars plush toys in - the Chewie is awesome! [face_dancing]

Anyone for a Newcastle meet on the 20th then this time, or is Darlo more central for all (but swap Forbidden Planet for Primark..:( )?

Cast yer votes below!

14. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Feb 13, 2003
    My mates used to hate going shopping with me because I always dragged them into forbidden planet and spend ages in there :) Although there is a travelling man store a few doors down now isnt there? Theres a FP in middlesbrough though so im happy :D. Oh and the 20th is actually my birthday so I can't attend the proposed meet because I have made other plans sorry :(

15. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Lord O - any other dates good for you?

I guess that at the present time, JM Booth and I are both fairly 'flexible', due to our current scenarios, so its down to your 'busy schedule' to give us a window from your black book mate! :D

Leigh - have a great birthday and dont forget to tell everyone where to shop for your birthday (a FP catalogue with Xs by the side of what you want usually works...[face_mischief] )

16. jedi_master_booth

jedi_master_booth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 2005
    date are fine with me my friends just give me warning tho

as for the northen quater does this mean we have to set up a group here too - ie have meetings and elect edgejedi88 as our chairman .

17. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    We're not splitting the chapter out.

The idea is that a group in each area will look after any meetings you have there and send details to me and post the outcome on the boards.

The idea is so that when each area has a meeting within each quarter they have had a meeting for the Northern chapter but it means they aren't reliant on getting people from throughout the North to come.

My hope is that each quarter will have meets and get to know each other well and that we all get together frequently (Like York) as a large en masse meet.

The last Chapter collapsed due to lack of interest (from what I understand though that may be wrong) and I'd rather have at least one pocket meeting regularly and then do the en masse meets when possible than have us collapse in a heap.

18. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Hi Dave - this is what we talked about at York, smaller meets, in addition to the larger group Northern meets, but no great formal structures.

We can chat when we meet (or e mail...), but no more segmenting or else we will have so many committees and people with positions we will implode! I would call it Santas Little Helper!

[image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/edgejedi88/santashelper.jpg]

19. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    Message understood - someone is going to have to give me a slap on the face to bring me back down to earth here.

well a meet up in newcastle sounds cool

so who's where in the north east then

jedi_master_booth Thornaby On Tees in Teesside
    edgejedi88 ferryhill durham

add your name and place to the list

20. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Feb 13, 2003
    Jedi_padawan_leigh - Middlesbrough (Teeside Uni)

21. Lord_Ogli

Oct 5, 2001
    Lord Ogli - Darlington

How could you forget me Dave :_|

22. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    darlington or richmond ?

23. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Dave - I found that map that I was on about - here it is

http://www.ffuk.org/Region/map.php

I will try and make contact with Spike_Thmid, Obiwancon and LordTyranus666 to see if they still reside in our area....the North East could just be getting a bit bigger! [face_dancing]

Will let you know!

24. Lord_Ogli

Oct 5, 2001
    Live in Richmond, but for the purposes of placement i call it darlo coz its best for travel links etc.

25. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    ok matey's isnt richmond is the posher part of darlington anyway !!!

lets try and arrange a mini meet up before christmas in some area of the north - anyone with any ideas ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.