main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ohio Northwest Ohio FanForce - Meeting #3 Discussion

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Tobey-Wan, Sep 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    Well, no time like the present to start discussing dates for our next meeting. I will do what I can to find out what things we need to do to gain Official status so we can take care of those things at the meeting.

Any suggestions for dates and locations?

2. Rholynn

Rholynn Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2002
    Hey Tobey-Wan, sorry I didn't see your PM's before the meeting.

Well Saturday around noon works well for me because I like to watch NFL and NASCAR on Sundays. How about October 5? Then maybe we could have another one about two weeks later and have a Costume party for Halloween. Just throwin' out ideas...

3. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    No problem on the PM's. Hope you've got things taken care of with your computer.

Okay, I don't think that I'll be available on the 5th since I think we're having a Halo party that weekend. Nothing definite yet, but more than likely that's when it will be.

I think that Jed's would work well to meet at again if we can't get in one of the gaming shops. Maybe we should see when we could get into one of those and then try to plan the meeting around that.

4. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Anyone have any suggestions? Rholynn, have you found out anything from the gaming shops? Just making sure we don't forget about this.

5. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Hey, is anyone still here??

6. Rholynn

May 20, 2002
    Sorry man, just been really busy, haven't even checked the boards in a while, I'll try to get to the gaming shop sometime soon just been real busy with classes and work.

7. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    That's cool. I know that not everyone can hang out at the JC while they're at work.

8. donna

donna Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2002
    So any thoughts on when we can have the next meeting? I'm busy the next two Saturday's, but after that I am pretty free!

9. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Let me know when you all pick a date and I'll post it for you. I'm thinking a malt would be good right now. I think you should meet at an old fashioned malt shop that sells phosphates too. Okay,I know that is way out there, but it's late.

10. Rholynn

May 20, 2002
    Sorry, I haven't gotten to go to any of the gaming shops lately. I've been so busy with school and work I barely have time to even check my email. I'll let you know if I get to one. As far as date you guys can pick one and let me know, I'll try to make it. My schedule is just way busy right now.

11. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Well, if we only have 3 of us interested and one of us can't make it then it won't be an official meeting. If it comes down to it, we can always try between Christmas and New Year's, when things might be a little less hectic.

EDIT:
    Or, we could just meet for a viewing of The Two Towers!

12. donna

Mar 11, 2002
    That sounds great Tobey-Wan, you know I am all for seeing TTT!!! Maybe we could meet for coffee beforehand, and anyone who wants to see the movie could go after coffee?

13. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Yeah, maybe we could do that on the opening weekend or something. Not sure who might be available for something opening day.

14. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    I've just been informed that IMAX Clones is showing in Dearborn! Any interest in making the trip as our 3rd meeting?? Let me know!

15. donna

Mar 11, 2002
    you dont even have to ask me! when are you thinking??

16. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    I thought that you might be interested Donna. As soon as I get an idea of what weekend works well we'll start to get some concrete plans.

17. Rholynn

May 20, 2002
    I'm definitely interested just depends on timing for me. 3rd year of a Civil Engineering degree is very time consuming.

18. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Right now the weekend we are looking at is the 16th/17th. Probably shoot for meeting in Toledo around 11 or so, eating, and catching the 12:40 show. Saturday or Sunday preference?

19. donna

Mar 11, 2002
    Saturday is good for me...thanks for posting about this Tobey-Wan!

20. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Not a problem. We should have a good idea of what day and time early next week. Once we get that figured out I'll let you know. The web site does say that they recommend getting your tickets ahead of time, so we want to get this figured out ASAP.

As of now, it would be official since we would have myself, donna, and gibs in attendance. If Rholynn can make it as well, that would be awesome!

21. donna

Mar 11, 2002
    though, i do hope Rholynn can make it, can I just say how excited I am that we will have THREE people and be offical!?!

22. BobaFemmeFatale

BobaFemmeFatale Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 29, 2001
    I am really excited that offialdom is around the corner. I wish the best and the strength to sustain, or better yet, grow in membership.

23. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Right now the plan is to hit the 12:40 show on Saturday, November 16th. As soon as I get confirmations from the crew coming with me I'll let you guys know more. Right now it looks like I'll have myself and 2 or 3 others, which could force us to take two vehicles.

I've marked donna down as interested and Rholynn as a possible for now. Let me know if you guys are planning on coming.

24. Tobey-Wan

Jun 12, 2001
    Okay, right now our plan is to catch brunch in Toledo around 10:00 AM or so and then head up to the movie.

Any takers?

25. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Just wanted to see how you guys were doing. Sounds like you're really close to becoming an "official" chapter; that's great!

Just letting you know, your fellow Ohio Fanforces are pulling for ya (we're close friends with Columbus...working on Cincy) So when you guys get settled...feel free to stop by either of our boards.

May the Force be with You...
    Krash

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.