main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Not Of This Fold" (K/J/Z) -- Chapter 18 up 14 June!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Dantana Skywalker, Jul 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Before you ask, the title is from "And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd" ? John 10:16.

Not exactly certain when this takes place, sometime during Dark Journey/Rebel Dream/Rebel Stand. And no, Jag isn't in it. I've already got three other 'fics I'm working on with him in the, and I'm a little sick of Captain Cardboard.

I'll be starting this story in the next few days. I was intending to write a post now, but my mother wants me to get off the computer.

Dantana

Reposting to Beyond The Saga. Repost is here.

2. sith_lady17

sith_lady17 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2001
    Seems interesting... I'm looking forward to the first post of your story. :)

3. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    My favorite Bible verse! Rock on!

4. _Tenel_Ka_

_Tenel_Ka_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2001
    I already like it, from your description. I like that verse a lot too, though my favourite is in Matthew, "And whoever wishes to save his life shall lose it, and whoever loses his life for My sake shall find it." I think that's 16:25, but I'm terrible with numbers.

5. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Okay. Here's the first part. Oh, and just a note on this, Anakin and Jacen are both in the 'fic. I decided, since it's an AU, what the heck, I'll keep 'em around.
    -------------------------------

"Not Of This Fold" by DantanaSkywalker

Sometimes, he wondered what life would have been like if his parents hadn't died. Would he still have become a Jedi, or would he still be living on the old colony, struggling to make ends meet?

The what-ifs were pointless now. His parents had been dead for years and years. He'd managed very well, that trip to the dark side notwithstanding. But he'd been forgiven that, mostly, and had found his place among the Jedi.

Sometimes, he wondered if his parents had really died, because he'd never seen the bodies, only taken the word of others at face value. After all, he'd been so little, and to suddenly find himself all alone, in a harsh world . . .

He shook his head, dark hair swinging, then focused green eyes on the bustling activity around him.

That line of thinking wouldn't do him any good. He had no family. What he could think of as his family was here, all around him.

That would have to be enough.

--------------------------------

Well, there's the first part. Do you know who's speaking? No? Does it really matter? :)

Dana

6. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Here's more.
    -------------------------

Jaina Solo dropped into the pilot's chair of the Hapan light freighter and glanced over at her copilot. "How's your head?"

Kyp Durron grimaced and touched the bandage on his forehead, dislodging a lock on black hair that fell into his eyes. "It's better."

"You really didn't have to do that, you know. Nearly getting yourself blown up."

He looked away. "Yes. I did."

She shrugged. "Well, yeah, I probably would have died if you hadn't, but just because I'm your apprentice-"

Kyp shook his head. "That's only part of the reason, Jaina."

Frowning, Jaina turned her chair to face him. "Okay, then, what other reason would you have?"

"Because . . ." He looked at her with solemn green eyes. "I, uh . . ."

A tingle shot up Jaina's spine. Something in his face made her want to run screaming, and also kept her transfixed, almost breathless. "Yeah?"

Lowbacca chose that moment to lumber into the cockpit. Kyp sat back in his seat and turned his eyes out the viewport.

"Nothing," he mumbled. "Never mind. We'll talk about it later."

Sighing, Jaina turned to Lowie. "What's up?"

The Wookiee growled, then took a seat in one of the other two chairs in the cockpit. Jaina sighed and stood up.

"What is it?" Kyp asked.

"Food processor is malfunctioning. I'm going to go check it out."

Even though he was a self-professed not-much-of-a-mechanic, Kyp got to his feet. "You need any help?"

Jaina smiled, lifting a dark brow. "If you want to subjected to a long string of Corellian swear words, be my guest."

Kyp laughed. "I've helped your father out a bit now and then."

"Then I guess you've heard them all." She laughed, then looked at Lowie. "We'll be tearing the food prep apart. Holler if you need anything."

Lowie nodded and groaned an affirmative. Jaina led Kyp out of the cockpit.

-----------------------------

I might post more in a little while. I'm kind of eager to get the ball rolling here.

Dana

7. SWMara

SWMara Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2001
    IITSAFM? :D

8. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    What's IITSAFM?

Dana

9. SWMara

May 28, 2001
    Is it too soon asking for more?
    IITSAFM is shorter... :)

10. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I'd be happy to post more. :)

------------------------------------

"Hand me that hydrospanner?" Jaina held out her hand, not looking up from the insides of the dismantled food prep unit.

Kyp searched among the pile of tools and selected one, laying it in his apprentice's palm. After several moments of watching her, he cleared his throat. "You know, I'm, uh, glad you didn't marry Isolder."

"Because I wouldn't make a very good queen?"

"No. I'm glad because, well, other than he's the father of one of your best friends, he's, uh, not really your type."

Vaguely amused, Jaina tilted her head up and looked at him. She was seated on the floor, he crouched beside her. "Not my type? Then what, in your opinion, Master Durron, would my type be?"

He found himself at a loss for words. "Well, um . . . Not thirty years older than you, definitely. You'd want a pilot, I'm guessing."

"Isolder's a pilot. He even designed his own fighter." There was a twinkle in her brandy-brown eyes. "And he was a pirate once."

"Okay. You'd probably choose a Jedi, or someone Force-sensitive, so you'd be sure to have Force-sensitive children."

She thought about that for a moment. "Isolder and Teneniel had Tenel Ka."

Kyp fought the urge to grit his teeth, though he knew she was just teasing him. "Someone with a mind of their own, that isn't bound by a really odd matriarchal society."

A corner of her mouth lifted wryly. "I'll have to concede that one to you."

His voice dropped a notch. "Someone who wouldn't care about your small sidetrip to the dark side. Someone who knows your darker secrets, and takes them as just part of the whole Jaina."

The strange tingle swept through Jaina again. "Are you trying to tell me something, Kyp?" she asked huskily. She wasn't certain if she wanted to know what he seemed to be saying.

"I-"

Jaina dropped the hydrospanner. Swearing softly, she bent to pick it up at the same instant Kyp did, and they hit their heads together.

"Ow!" she half-laughed, putting a hand to her head.

Her fingers wrapped aroung the tool a second before Kyp grabbed for the tool, and his hand closed over hers. A spark shot up her arm, making the tiny hairs on her skin stand on end.

Kyp leaned a little closer as she looked up. An eternity passed, then Jaina pulled away, breaking the kiss with a soft sigh.

"Kyp," she breathed, almost a question.

"I-I'm- I'm s-sorry," he stuttered, reeling backwards.

Jaina watched, stunned, as he scrambled to his feet and bolted, headed for his bunk. After a moment, she jumped up and ran after him.

---------------------------

Heh heh heh . . .

Dantana

11. SWMara

May 28, 2001
    Awww, this one's cute! :)
    But stop teasing us! :mad: ;)
    All right, I should go to sleep now, before writing even more rubbish... :)

12. Megan_Lynn

Megan_Lynn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2001
    More please ??
    picture me making puppy dog eyes

Megan_Lynn

13. sith_lady17

Apr 22, 2001
    Ahhh! :eek: You can't leave us like that! :p
    Post more please! Aww... this is so cute.... [face_love] [face_love] *sigh* ;)

14. MegDurron

MegDurron Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2002
    this is good so far!!! keep it coming!!!

kyp and jaina forever!!

15. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    You're so evil, leaving it there!!! :eek: I want more!!! :D

Jae Angel

16. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Okay. I'll post more. I'm really happy you guys like this one.

I made a pic of Kyp. If you can get it to show up, click here. I'll be posting it on my website, for those of you who can't see it.

---------------------------------

"Oh, no, you don't, Kyp Durron! You don't just kiss me like that and then walk away!" she said loudly, pounding on his door.

The door opened and Kyp's eyes swept over her, taking in her work-rumpled hair and her kiss-swollen lips.

"What in the moons of Bodgen was that?" she demanded, placing her hands on her hips, her arms akimbo.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do that."

"No, apparently, you did, because if you hadn't meant to, you wouldn't have done it." Jaina stormed into the room. "Running away like that was cowardly."

Kyp blinked. "Wait. You're angry because I ran? Aren't you angry because I kissed you?"

Jaina stopped short, surprised. Now that she thought about it, yes, she was more angry that he'd run. "Uh . . ."

Kyp grabbed her arm. "Jaina, I . . ."

She looked at him for a moment, then looped her arms around his neck and stood on her toes, pressing her mouth to his. He groaned and wrapped his arms around her. She overbalanced him and they fell against the door, which obediently slid open and spilled them onto the floor.

Jaina's unbound hair fell over them. When they opened their eyes and she raised herself slightly on her elbows, the dark brown strands kept them enclosed in their own small world.

"Wow," she whispered. "That was . . . interesting."

Kyp responded by coughing. "Can't . . . breathe . . ."

Jaina rolled off of him and he slowly sat up, wheezing. He'd had the wind knocked out of him, as well as had her land on top of him. "Are you okay?" she laughed.

"Fine," he gasped out. "Just . . . let me . . . die . . . for a moment."

"Oh, no, you don't!" she repeated. "We need to figure this out. You kissed me, and I just kissed you."

"I kind of noticed."

She backed up until her back was against the wall. Kyp dragged himself upright and leaned against the opposite wall. They regarded each other silently for several moments, but before either of them could say anything, Lowbacca came into the corridor.

He looked from one of the humans to the other, then shook his head. He knew something was going on between those two, but he wasn't about to ask. He growled to inform them they were about to leave hyperspace at the edge of the Pyria system.

"Thanks, Lowie," Jaina said.

The Wookiee headed back to the cockpit. Jaina forced herself to her feet. "We're going to talk about this as soon as we get a quiet moment, got it, Durron?"

"Sure." He nodded, still winded.

"Okay. Now, are you going to power up your X-wing, or what?"

-----------------------------------

More soon, if you want. :)

17. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Here's a Kyp pic I made. Thought I'd post it here, there, and everywhere. :) This is a link to the page the pic is on, not the pic itself.

Kyp Durron

Dantana

18. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the thing I love the most is the title!!! A Bible verse! I love it. My favorite's Romans 8:38 and 39. "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, neither height nor depth nor anything else in all creation will be able to seperate us from the love of God in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ." Gotta love that.

Is it too soon to ask for more?

19. sith_lady17

Apr 22, 2001
    Awww... [face_love] [face_love] She kissed him back... [face_love]
    More!!! :D :p

20. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    ohhhh . . . i think i like this post. you put bible verses on it. how cna i not reply. my favorite is actually form proverbs. "a friend loves at all times and a brother is born for adversity" if you read my fic Harmony, I think you will see that verse in place. and i reallylike this. you J?K fans stop trying to turn me!!!!!!

21. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I like. More?

22. Runaway_Shadow

Runaway_Shadow Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Wow, this is also an very interesting story. I hope you post more soon on all of your stories!!!!

RS

23. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Here's more.

------------------------------------------------------------

Zekk waited for Jaina and Lowbacca at the edge of the crowd. A thrill shot through him at the sight of her, but something was wrong. She looked rumpled, and if he wasn't mistaken, he could swear Jaina Solo looked for all the worlds as if she'd been locked in a passionate embrace not too long before.

He gave Jaina a brief hug when she came up to him, and then she was gone, moving off with her family, Kyp Durron moving close behind. And as he watched, a feeling of profound sadness washed over him.

---------------------------------------

Anakin Solo waited until they'd reached the privacy of the Solo quarters and grabbed Jaina, swinging her around.

"Anakin!" she shrieked, laughing. "Put me down! You're going to hurt yourself!"

"No, I'm completely healed," her much bigger little brother said. "Cilghal said so."

"Yeah, he's been a pain in the butt since they let him out of the infirmary," Jacen said, dropping into a chair.

"I'm just glad you survived that," Jaina said, as Anakin finally relented and put her down. "I had horrible nightmares, that you died, and Jace was taken by the Vong-"

"That nearly happened," Jacen reminded her. "It would have happened, too, if Vergere hadn't let me escape."

His twin sister nodded. "I know."

"So tell us about Hapes," Anakin said. He mimicked his brother's slouch as he sank into another chair. "I mean, you already told us at dinner, but-"

Jaina shook her head. "There isn't anything else to tell," she said.

Jacen sat forward. "Tenel Ka is really the Queen Mother?"

She nodded.

"So, if you'd married Isolder, and then, say, I don't know . . . I married Tenel Ka . . ." Jacen trailed off, his face flushing.

"You'd have been my son-in-law," Jaina gleefully informed him. "Hey, to make things even more awkward, let's say Anakin here married Ta'a Chume-"

"Gack!" Anakin cut in.

"That means that my little brother would be my father-in-law, and my twin brother would be my son-in-law." She grimaced briefly. "Ugh. Stopping now."

There was a knock at the door, then it slid open and Tahiri Veila entered, barefoot as usual. She went directly to Anakin and dropped down into his lap.

"Oof!" he exclaimed, feigning being crushed.

Tahiri laughed and poked him. "Stop it, you nerf!"

Jaina smiled, watching them. It was obvious Anakin was in love, which she thought was wonderful.

Jacen leaned forward. "So, Jaya, I noticed you and Kyp Durron seemed to be . . . how shall I put this . . . not at each other's throats."

"Well, I don't hate him anymore, if that's what you're asking about. Actually, I've, uh, I've agreed to be his apprentice."

Jacen's mouth fell open. Anakin and Tahiri stopped being lovey-dovey and turned attentive eyes their way.

"What about Aunt Mara?" Jacen demanded.

Jaina sighed. "I've already discussed it with Aunt Mara, and she's not thrilled, but it will give her more time with Ben."

Anakin eyed his sister with cool blue eyes for a minute, then murmured, "You and Kyp. I never would have thought it."

Jaina frowned. From his tone, she got the feeling he hadn't been referring to her apprenticeship with the Jedi Master. Sometimes, her brother's insight was frightening.

--------------------------------------

And the plot thickens . . .

Dana

24. Runaway_Shadow

Runaway_Shadow Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    hmmm...interesting. Poor Zekk...

MORE?!

25. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Guess what? I got the KAJSU website up! It's the top link in my sig.

Dana

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.