main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Not Serious Debate!] Model UN - First Draft of Scenario & Roles! YAY!

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Ender Sai, Apr 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beowulf

Beowulf Jedi Master star 5

May 28, 1999
    Oh ha ha, very funny.

2. Gonk

Gonk Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 1998
    Joke's on him actually -- the Italians have historically been worse than the French. They haven't been able to get ANYTHING together since the old Empire went kaput.

Now the ISRAELIS on the other hand...[face_mischief]

3. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Yeah, but its funnier with the French.

I like that I get the country that's effectively the home (or containing the home) of both Catholocism and FSM.

4. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    If the subtext of our model UN is only going to be about E_S and his evil sense of humor, then count me in.

...China...

5. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Be nice to my central african nation or I will export the Ebola virus.

Peace,

V-03

6. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    Just as a side note, this is the first incarnation. Hopefully, we'll have others as well. If anyone didn't make this list-don't worry, you can fit in next time.

7. Erk

Erk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    Before this gets to serious I'd like to suggest you all take your families and your diplomatic statuses and, inshallah, come down to:

Entertainment City (the Kingdom of Aladdin)
    The Kingdom of Aladdin lies in the West Bay area. It has more than 18 play features to suit all age groups. It also has a rest house, an artificial lagoon, a theater and a cafeteria. It opens from 4 pm to 11 pm from Sunday through Friday. Mondays and Wednesdays are dedicated exclusively for ladies and children under 12. The usual entrance fee is QR10. Additional play tickets can be bought inside the Entertainment City.
    Tel. 4831001

(Aladdin would be that kid in the classic Disney-movie from 1993)

8. Dark_side_fatty

Dark_side_fatty Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 26, 2002
    Ghana? At this, I lawl. Looking foward to this starting up nonetheless, however.

9. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    :oops: Some people have taken to their assignments with more zest that I'm imagined (looks pointedly at the golf play V03, the bomb prepping Gonk and the bagel-demanding farrie), making me look less like Doctor Collussus (I'm not allowed back to Doom Mountain, despite all my stuff being there!) and more like Dr Frankenstein.

THEY'RE ALIVE!

Scenario will come up tomorrow... :D

E_S

10. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    I will say, Italy seems fun, as I'm looking into its foreign affairs and what not

Do I get mafia usage too?

11. Espaldapalabras

Espaldapalabras Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2005
    /Provides farradamadinejad with flour and part of a recipe for bagles.

If lowie gets the mafia, we demand the esteemed KGB, er, I mean FSB.

12. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    Order! Order! Okay. Now what do we all want for lunch?

13. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    Indonesia?

Geez. Talk about the ass end of . . .

Indonesia is the greatest country in the world. We are one of the top exporters of crude oil. All other countries have inferior crude oil.

14. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Oh, hmm, my role is very interesting. I know absolutely nothing about them; going to have to do some research over the weekend, find out what's going on. Intriguing. Never done anything like this before.

-Paul

15. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Before we start, am I supposed to be playing the US in general, or John Bolton specifically?

Because personally, if ten pages of this forum were deleted tomorrow, I wouldn't mind a bit.

16. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    Why is Iran, a country that wants Israel off the map, want bagels? That seems.... off.

17. kaicolumbia

kaicolumbia Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2007
    Peruvian? I should learn Spanish... and something about Peru. Lima beans, right? Something like that?

-kai

18. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    farradamadinejad wants bagels for peaceful purposes! They are to help feed out population. We will not be using the bagel technology to make crumpets, however we refuse to allow UN bread inspectors in since that would violate our sovereignty.

farradamadinejad praises Allah from whom all bread flows.

19. Erk

Erk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    "Indonesia is the greatest country in the world. .... All other countries have inferior crude oil."

Qatar laughs at that very incorrect and very laughable statement.

20. Gonk

Gonk Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 1998
    The Iranian government must cease providing pastries, baked goods and nerf foam weaponry to Lebanon and the occupied territories! These subsidies are a DIRECT threat to the indigenous Jewish Baker's Guild of Israel! Meanwhile, the foam weapons are a direct threat to the Israeli people and the existance of our tiny, helpless nation! How many of our good citizens must endure being whacked in the head with these products? Somebody could lose an eye!

We petition the UN Security Council to take a wiffle bat to farradamadinejad for his unprovoked antagonism within the chilren's toy and baked goods industries! We will stand for nothing less than 40 whacks!

21. Espaldapalabras

Espaldapalabras Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2005
    The Russian Federation will not stand for the warmongering rhetoric of the Israeli delegation. Every nation has a right to peaceful uses of such baked goods, and we are surprised to see the Israelies even admit to the fact they are now in possession of their own baked goods.

The use of the wiffle bat is a truely barbaric and premature use of force, especially as we have no proof that any such "foam weapons" exist.

The Russian Federation continues to maintain its right to provide (at a profit) materials for Iran to produce Bagles. Our flour will stay in Iran.

22. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Oh goody the debate hasn't started and you're already gearing up for war! :p

Obi-zahn; you're the world's most populous Muslim country with the odd al-Qaeda friendly faction operating in your backyard (JI). You certainly have a role to play...

E_S

23. Kimball_Kinnison

Kimball_Kinnison Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2001
    The UK adamantly demands the return of our biscuits. They were not in Iranian waters, and their seizure by Iranian bagel hunters was completely unprovoked.

We call upon the Security Council to institute harsh sanctions limiting the supply of cream cheese to Iran until such time as the biscuits are returned unharmed.

Kimball Kinnison

24. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    MR44 says I'm playing the EU.

We want the United Kingdom to convert to the Euro.

And we want cake.

25. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    My small african nation may be obscure, home to deadly diseases and a staunch abuser of human rights (not to mention confused over it's name), but we have a booming thick dark jungle industry and an abundance of wild animals.

I would like to invite all interested persons down for our new "do-it-yourself" safari's. We will supply bottled water (in association with Donald Trump) and free compasses. You are also free to consume any animal dung you come across in your travels, but will be charged a fee for every pound you gain while in our country. Fees will be accepted in US Dollars, or gold of any kind.

Peace,

V-03

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.