main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

" Nothing Left To Lose"Q/O* 1/21* HERE IT IS FOLKS, THE FINALE!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by ewen, Dec 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Master Qui-Gon Jinn and his apprentice, Xanatos Crion opened the door to the little inn. They sought shelter for the night out of the downpour of rain which had already soaked through their heavy Jedi robes into their tunics.

?Maybe we have a room please. Just for one night.?

?Of course. Not a good night for man or beast out there. That wind makes the rain feel like ice hitting your skin. You are in luck. We have one room left. Here just pay two credits and sign this. You be Jedi am I right??

?Yes but we are just passing through.?

?No trouble in these here parts that brings ya here??

?No not here.?

Qui-Gon never liked to divulge to much information about any mission they were on.

?Well I have a boy who will carry your things to your room.?

?That won?t be necessary.?

?Sure it is. If you don?t mind he can take your stuff upstairs and you can sit by the fire and dry off. We are just about to serve last-meal. A hot cup of tea for the boy and a pint of brew for you will do ya good.?

The idea did sound good to Qui-Gon and even better to his apprentice, who thought he was starving to death.

?Kenobi come here. I can?t keep up with that boy."

From one of the back rooms, a little scrawny scruff of a boy with ginger hair and blazing coral blue eyes, immerged. His clothing was no more than rags, with no shoes on his feet. Master Jinn wondered how the boy kept from freezing in this weather.

?Here take the Jedi bags up to room twelve then get back here. I need you to help serve the gentlemen.?

?Yes Master.?

With the words spoke Jinn froze. It seemed natural to hear the boy say "Yes Master?. However it almost made Master Jinn angry to hear the little one call this grossly obese unclean man, ?Master?. He did not understand the feeling but heeded it no further. He turned to go to the fire hearth when he noticed the metal collar on this Kenobi boy.

?May I be so bold as to ask why is that collar on the boy?

?Oh, I should have mentioned since you two are force sensitive too. He be blessed or in his case cursed with the force. No Jedi ever came to this planet looking for one so special. That is our way of keeping him under control. Otherwise, you might say, he could literally bring the house down. He has that much power. Now with the band and a good cane though, he minds pretty well.?

The innkeeper raised his hand as if he planned to backhand the boy.

?Best be on your way boy, or you?ll get what you just got earlier.?

Qui-Gon took that to mean the boy must have just been punished for his dallying or lack of work.

The Jedi master thought the boy?s handsomely strong face features were that of the Gaelic tribes. But it was hard to see all of his face with streaks of dirt mixed with fluid that now Qui-Gon assumed just might have been tears from the flogging he received earlier.

Qui-Gon could not help but watch the boy as he served their drinks and last-meal. He was spellbound by this little waif who looked like he needed to be the one to sit down and eat. He had to be ten or fifteen pounds under weight. Jinn was spellbound by the boy. His hair seemed to sparkle as if it had glitter in it when his back was turned to the fire and the flames cast glints of highlights on the matted ginger locks that was in dire need of a cut and combing.

Qui-Gon noticed that Kenobi never looked directly in the Jedi?s faces. It was evidently a servant thing to keep one?s eyes down to the ground.

Master Jinn had never felt an aura of the force as what this boy could cause with a force collar on. What agitated Jinn most was that there seemed to be connection between he and Kenobi. All of the boy?s force energy was being directed at him.

Qui-Gon tried to think of something else. He started to eat. The Kenobi boy left and returned with piping hot bread fresh from the oven.

That smells delicious

?Oh it is sir.?

The boy stopped. He was forbidden to talk to the customers. He was forbidden to speak anytime without permission. He looked to the front desk quickly to

2. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
  3. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Yay! I love this story already.

And I get the first reply. Sort of. (Unless somebody manage to read and reply before me.)

. It seemed natural to hear the boy say "Yes Master?.

Yep. ;)

This is one of your best, yet, ewen .

Aun

4. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Another intriguing beginning, ewen. :D

Look forward to more.

5. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    It looks like you have another good one going here.

6. Velvet_Elfin

Velvet_Elfin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2002
    This looks good.

>>>>>> ? Xani, I have a feeling that if given even half a chance in this life, that boy, Kenobi would not be as pathetic as he seems ......."<<<<<< Your right Master Jinn.

I can't wait to see more.

Velvet

7. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Intriguing

8. Shay_Durron

Shay_Durron Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2002
    Interesting start, I'll be sure to check this thread for more!

9. Linari_Tanis

Linari_Tanis Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 25, 2002
    Very good beginning to this Ewen!!! Looks like this will be another case of jealousy on "Xani's" part... :p

Question: Are you going to write or post any storied that include Anakin???....not that I'm complaining about one's with Obi and Qui....I love these!!! :D

10. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001

Linari

are you giving me a hard time today!!!!!!just kidding.

You may find Xani more congenial in this one.

The only way I would put Ani in a story is if Qui is still in it.

You see, I am one of the many that do not accept the end to Phantom Menace.

I try to pretend it didn't happen.

Post will be up soon.

PEACE ewen

11. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Qui-Gon sat by the window in the silence of their room. Xani had long since gone to bed on one of the cots provided them for sleep.

Jinn studied the raindrops as they fell from the lightening lit skies. He hoped the weather would break before they had to leave first thing in the morning. He thought back on what happened downstairs between him and the boy.

How could he have known what I was thinking. We have never met, let alone share any kind of bond. I can?t, I have a training bond with Xanatos.

Jinn shook his head in wonder. He would not question the force.

Besides we will be on our way first thing tomorrow. I will never see the boy again.

His comm linked buzzed and brought the master out of his thoughts.

?Well you are Padawan??

?Why yes master why??

?Felt it through the force you did not Master Jinn? Believe you I do not because concerned you it did. Was your master for fifteen years and not know where the force directed its power.?

?Well I did have an unusual meeting with a boy here. An indentured servant that lives at the Inn we have taken shelter at. The rain is horrid out there.?

?Melt you will not under the rain. Now tell me about this boy you will.?

Jinn told of the boy Kenobi, his force, the collar, and lastly but most importantly the connection that was made between the two when the boy could hear his thoughts in his mind.

?Perplexing this is. Have a padawan you do. Take another you can not.?

?I don?t want another apprentice master. I have only conveyed to you what happened.?

?Sounds like a bond forming it does. What kind or how I do not know.?

?My old master you have been a Jedi for seven hundred years if you don?t know then don?t ask me what happened for I do not know. I don?t think the boy suspects anything though and we will leave in the morning. I will never see him again.?

?Easy to say it is Master Jinn. If the force for some unknown reason deems a bond formed with you and this boy then it will form. For whatever purpose I do not know. The force will avail the truth to us in time if its plan for you includes this child. Think you do you can run and hide from this.?

?I have no plans to run or hide from anything Master Yoda. I plan to get up and leave to continue our journey and mission. That is all. To ask the boy to come with us was never in my mind.?

?No bad it is. Boy too old to train as a Jedi he is. Tragic enough we did not find him in time.. I fear great his powers are and go to waste they will. Shame it is. Not enough masters to patrol all the planets to search for the force sensitive children. Missed out on this one we did. Never to be a Jedi his fate is.?

Jinn clicked the comm link off and thought for awhile longer about the boy. To him it did seem sad that he would never get the opportunity to experience the power of the force especially when it was used for good. Jinn went back to thoughts of his mission. He reasoned there was nothing he could do for the boy.

It?s best to leave him without the knowledge of his great Jedi potential, than to tell him what he missed out on in life.

That was how Jinn felt about any potential Jedi that missed their calling. He thought is was not only a duty but an honor to serve the force and that anyone who missed their calling indeed missed out on the most important thing in their life.

Qui-Gon turned in for the night but still his thoughts would go back to the pathetic little boy with so much potential. His destiny seemed to be little more than an indentured slave handed from one owner to another because of no training to hold a job.

The next morning brought with it clear and sunny skies. Their clothes dried, the Jedi went downstairs to the smell of fresh meats and hot biscuits just coming out of the oven.

?You must give your wife our compliments. The food last night was delicious. And now the aroma coming from you kitchen is even more tantalizing.?

?Well break-fast is included in your night?s stay. Have your meal with us before you leave.?

The innk

12. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    :) You are just getting better and better at this ewen I'm hooked, yes hooked. :) 7

13. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Another wonderful post ewen . And indeed you are getting better at getting people hooked. I want to know what happens!

Obi-Wan, Obi-Wan Kenobi. Why does that name almost seems soothing to my ears, like I have heard it before, but in truth I have not.

:D

Aun

14. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Poor Obi (yes, I start :p )

Ah, Qui, you'll see him again. :D

15. Velvet_Elfin

Sep 5, 2002
    Wow this keeps getting better. More, More, More. Waits patiently. :D

Velvet

16. Linari_Tanis

Nov 25, 2002
    Wow, this is turning out to be a really good story!!! :D

And I agree totally. The ending of PTM should not have happened the way it did. I think a good story would be Qui-Gon survived and Obi-Wan AND Qui are allowed to train Anakin.....That would be an awesome story I think....but no Dark Anakin [face_plain] I detest those.... :p

17. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    They just have to come back and rescue him!

18. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I have to say it is easy to write this story for I have been thinking about doing it for awhile. So I hope to be able to post it everyday.

We will see, as it is not written yet.

PEACE ewen

19. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
  20. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    The two Jedi, master and apprentice trudged up the steep hill to meet Qui-Gon?s old friend, Kerchuk, leader of the Movine tribe.

When their planet started to break up the Jedi were kind enough to find them a home here on this planet. They were and are cave dwellers with primitive living style. The steep hills of this planet suited them.

Jinn looked forward to their visit with them. He wanted to learn if there was any truth to what the inn keeper said about fighting between the young leader and the old one, Kerchuk.

?Master you have been terribly quiet today. Is there something wrong. I mean do you feel well??

?Yes, I am more than well. The brisk walk is making me feel vibrant, more in touch with the living force.?

?Well it does nothing for me but tires me out. I wish we would get there soon.?

?We will soon enough Padawan. Soon enough.?

Jinn was right of course the trek was almost over. Xanatos would have preferred it ended long ago. His feet hurt. He told his master his boots grew smaller for him but Jinn being the thrifty one urged his padawan to wear them for a little longer to get more use out of them.

Jinn was pleased to find a a spread of food set out for he and his padawan, fit for a king.

Jinn discussed what the innkeeper said and Kerchuk assured him that although there were squabbles that would break out occasionally, things went well with his people.

?Be leery of the man Master Jedi. He is not what he appears to be. Of course you need not know about it I suppose. You don?t plan to have any more communication with him do you??

?Well we might stay the night there on our return trip to our ship. We could find no place close to land. We landed, then walked out way here.?

?Well we do thank you for you and the Jedi?s concern. Send Master Yoda our regards. Now as for the inn keeper. It has been said he deals with pirates off the ocean a few miles away. There are rumors he is the main co-conspirator with the pirates to find homes for children that have been taken from their true homes. Slave trade, nasty business Master Jedi. I think if you stumble into his nest of wrongdoing he just might have the pirate friends of his do away with you. We see a lot up here Master Jedi. See a lot from these cliffs but say very little or nothing when it concerns the business of the pirates. Here let me show you.?

Kerchuk led Master Jinn and Xani to the edge of one of the cliffs, where if you looked out over it, you could see the shoreline of the ocean as it grazed the edge of the land.

?There, right there is where they land. We see many people or other species being brought to the Inn. Some of them young, some very old and almost feeble. We however never see them in the city unless they work for someone. Indentured servants they are called but you and me, we know what they are. That?s why we keep quiet up here being the outsiders and not from this world. We know our place. It?s none of our business how many slaves are bought and sold out of the inn. Some buyers come from other planets when there are a big shipment of slaves. Like the time the boy came. The one you speak of.?

It was not that Qui-Gon was not listening, he was. He hoped to relay the information to the temple and possibly get permission to investigate it once they took it up in front of the Senate on Coruscant, but the mention of Obi-Wan peaked his interest even more.

?You know when they brought Obi-Wan to the Inn.?

?Yes about six months ago. Not long after we settled here. He was in rough shape he was too. No telling what ?kind? of ?abuse? he suffered from the pirates before he got here. I know the innkeeper to be cruel, but there are other things than painful cruelty that can suck a life out of those slaves. He was a good looking lad when he came. Last time I saw him I couldn?t say that about him. The weight he has dropped and the overhaul condition of him,I wouldn?t have recognized him had I not heard his name called. I was even there when they put the collar on him. Seemed to hurt him

21. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    See, you had to go and get Bant, and Garen snatched, those slavers better not hurt her, Bant's my favorite tadpole padawan. 7

22. Velvet_Elfin

Sep 5, 2002
    Wow another great post Thank you ewan.

Vevet

23. Ewanfan51

Ewanfan51 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2002
    Just found this ewen. Love it..
    Poor Obi Wan. Qui Gon is going to have to let that nasty inn keeper abuse Obi? That bites. What is Master Yoda thinking?
    Xan is being a snob, big surprise.

More please
    Thank you

24. Lieutenant_Page

Lieutenant_Page Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    I just found this one too :) I almost missed it!

Ewen, your stories rock! I can't wait to see Bant and Garen involved in this!

25. Linari_Tanis

Nov 25, 2002
    :eek: Bant and Garen!?!? :_|

I hope they're doing okay...I would hate to see something happen to them...

And I hope Obi is doing well also... :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.