main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chatt, TN November Meeting

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Layren, Oct 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Thanks for that vote of confidence Sarka ;) I won't disappoint :D [face_dancing] [face_dancing] I have the Force after all ;) And Anakin is NOT the only human who can podrace :p

2. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    What's this about a theater room? Can we say group project? :)

Where do you live Mr. Nightmarz? That'd be cool if you were centrally located.

Any other discussion about a game night?

3. mr_nightmarez

mr_nightmarez Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2003
    I live in Soddy Daisy / Lakesite Community.

Is that centrally located?

I have to do one project prior to my basement / Theatre Room... I'm SOOO looking forward to that project!

4. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    have we mentioned yet to Minancia that we have a website? It'd be nice if she put it up for us on the SouthEast list and fanforce.net whenever we have an announcement.
    And did we announce this next meeting? I didn't see it on the announcement page like the others...

5. Vesper2112

Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN star 4

Nov 14, 2003
    Yeah, Layren sent a message to Miniacia about the site, although who knows how often they do updates. Not sure about the announcment of the upcoming meeting.

Class project for the next meeting: I need your ideas for a flyer/brochure. I have a friend that owns a print shop that said he'd work with us on coming up with something. Even if we can just come up with some pics/graphics and the text we'd like to have on there, I think my friend can put it together for us. I don't know what the cost would be yet (if any). He gets alot of buisness from my work, so we'll see what we can work out. ;)

6. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    "Class project"?? lol
    Ok, teacher! :) But I still like the sound of working on a theater room better....

7. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Well, heck! I'll take volunteers if you guys want to come add on to my house. I'd gladly have a theater room! Oh wait... ok, all volunteers must bring their own tools... and plans... and materials... pretty much everything...

8. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    Vesper, I will knock a hole in your wall anytime you want! Just let me know ahead of time so I can be sure to bring my sledge hammer! lol

9. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    Yay! Almost there for our next meeting!! Can't wait to play some games! See you all soon!!

10. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Yup! I'll see all of you tonight.

In case any new guys come, I'll be wearing a black shirt with RUSH and the number 30 in red. Hope to see ya there!

I'm going to try and make it a little early so I can get some practice in on the Pod Racer game... Maybe I can eek out an early victory. LOL.

11. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    Isn't that cheating, Vesper?
    I'm going to try to wear my newest SW Tee shirt--it's got the head of a stormtrooper with cross bones. hehe...

12. mr_nightmarez

Oct 20, 2003
    If I get done working - Bah Humbug -
    I'll still be in my "Casual Business Attire"

I forgot to bring a change of clothes...

Arrrgggghhhh

I might be late and won't be able to hang long, but I wanted to at least "pop" in for a few minutes!

SIR GOONEYS - 7pm - Right?

13. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Yup. 7pm at Sir Gooney's, correct. At this point, I'm still not sure what we'll be doing yet. The mini-golf or the laser tag or the "whatever". Anyway, we'd love for you to stop by so we can all put names to faces and all that.

See ya then!

Oh, and Sarka? Cheating? Naaaa. It's called "warm up laps". LOL.

14. mr_nightmarez

Oct 20, 2003
    I called Sir Goony's and the message claims they are ONLY Open Fri, Sat & Sunday...

The website is worthless about dates/times...

Did someone contact them? We might need to regroup.

Dohhhppppp

"Tha New Guy"

15. mr_nightmarez

Oct 20, 2003
    +BUMP+
    Just double checking...

??????

If they are closed - Where next?

16. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Yeah, I got the same thing. Awwww, geez....

I agree, their website could have mentioned times and such. I was so looking forward to laser tag... It doesn't make sense for them to only be open those 3 days. Sure, they could close bumper boats down (I guess), but that'd be it. Strange. Actually, it looks as if their site hasn't been updated in a while. Their "games list" is sadly out of date. I know they USED to have Star Wars pinball, but they haven't had that in quite some time.

OK... any suggestions? Thinking...

17. mr_nightmarez

Oct 20, 2003
    Sorry I did not call sooner! It was actually to see how LATE they were open...

Dohhpp

Anywho - Hooters is right next door! And I uhm love the wings...

18. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    not good.

um....Ankars is "next door" as well...let's see...I'll be back...going to investigate options...

19. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Yeah, that's what I was going to ask (the "how late are you open?", not the Hooters thing). Anyway, we'll see how long it takes for our female section of the group to suggest something else.

1... 2... 3... 4...

edit: WOW! Before I even had time to finish my post, Sarka got in there! That WAS fast! hehehe

edit again: If Ankar's isn't crowded, I could bring a board game or two and we could just hang out there, I guess. I have to leave to pick up kids, but I'll get on AOL IM when I get home (around 3-3:30) unless it's all worked out by then. See ya. Thanks Mr.N for saving us the potential major screw-up!

20. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    No, prefer not to go to Hooters :p No idea where to go next did anybody actually CALL them to make sure they're closed? I can't do it from work they limit personal calls (but strangely enough they don't mind us playing online )

Edit -- Oops didn't see previous post

21. drthmrl

drthmrl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2003
    well we could always go see a movie. the incredibles maybe? you can them see the E3 trailer on the big screen!! is there another putt-putt in the area?

22. mr_nightmarez

Oct 20, 2003
    I'll call the "other" number mentioned and update ya!

BTW: Kidding about Hooters - I assumed I would get BOOOED for that one!

Ok I got "Debby McGrath" voice mail - Did not leave a message -

Im just the "New Guy" so I'm game for whateva... Might be after 7:30pm before I can make it

23. mr_nightmarez

Oct 20, 2003
    Holiday Bowl is right there next door too...

Some video games? (I dunno) And some cool shoes!

24. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    I'd be game for bowling since my kid won't be coming.

Or going out to eat, that's fine too.

the only other Mini-Golf place in the Yellow Pages says they are closed for the season as well... :(

25. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Well if ya'll want to go bowling that's fine with me I can just sit and watch ya'll ;) Since my surgery this year throwing around 7 pound balls is kinda out of the question for me -- but ya'll don't worry about me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.