main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Nugget's Lounge - BSG discussion, spoilers punishable by airlock

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Stackpole_The_Hobbit, Apr 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 1, 2006
    Oops, the movers showed up at 7:30 this morning so I guess today felt like a lot longer than it really was! :oops:

The question stands, can I watch tomorrows episode or did I miss one last week?

2. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Yeah, you did. It might still be available to watch on Skiffy.com.

*goes to check*

Nope.

Looks like there is absolutely no possible way for you to see last week's show. Nope. None at all. You're completely screwed. Not a chance. None ... at all ...

3. HoosierTrooper

Aug 1, 2006
    You're right. None... at... all.

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirates life for me.

4. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Important Battlestar News Flash

Several sources have stated that the very last episode of B-star-G is now three hours long. In other words we are getting twelve episodes of B-star-G in 2009 - not just ten. Plus the first season of the prequel titled Caprica. And at least one (if not three) B-star-G TV-movie(s). It looks like my prediction for this TV-movie might be correct. That being a story about a young Saul Tigh during the First Cylon War and how those experiences influence the older Commander Tigh in the fourth season. Which makes sense. Bill Adama's service to the Twelve Colonies of Kobol started near the end of the First Cylon War. So the bit from Razor, the comic books and novels covers his part fairly well. Tigh on the other hand is older and likely served in the First Cylon War for its entire duration. So a full two hour TV-movie is warranted. And of course there is that little thing about Tigh being a Cylon and not knowing it. So expect that TV-movie to be chock full of irony. More info as it becomes known.

5. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    P.S.

I bet SFC decides to call the last 12 episodes season 5.

6. JediMasterJaina

JediMasterJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2003
    Just finished...

HOLY ****!!!!!!! HOLY HOLY HOLY ****!!!!!!

WOW!!! WHA-WHA-WHA-WHA!?!?!?!?!?

And now we have to wait until January 2009!?!?!?!

:_| :_| :_|

7. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    FRAK ME LIKE A VIRGIN GOAT WHOA :p

8. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    1. ONE step forward - FOUR steps backward. That is the way of the new B-star-G. Gritty and life-like.

2. Sometimes A Great Notion...

3. Dining on ashes.

4. Be careful about what you hope for...

5. And most telling of all to sum up what the audience and the characters feel is this bit-

Old friend, what are you looking for?
    After those many years abroad you come
    With images you tended
    Under foreign skies
    Far away from your own land

- George Seferis

9. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Well reactions over the mid-season ender?

10. JediMasterJaina

JediMasterJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2003
    My reaction:

Oooooo!!! Sucks for them!

Now we have to wait till Jan 2009!?!? Major suckage!!

11. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    They totally did this backwards to how I thought they were gonna :p

Also, Cylon/Human alliance!?? Sweet, but damn weird :p

12. Mike-El

Mike-El Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2006
    I just got done watching the finale like 5 min ago...

damn! It looks like someone nuked where they landed from what appears to be the left overs of an all out war.

I have no idea what could possibly be next for them. "Earth" looks as bleak and dreary as New Caprica did.
    I got to say though the special effects really add to the surrealism of the show and seeing a Cylon Basestar
    jumping in with the fleet has a pretty cool dynamic to it all.

Lucy Lawless is hot.

DeAnna is a female dog. [face_alien_1]

13. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    ... Bitca?

14. Fistofury

Fistofury Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002

I kind of thought the way they ended it was a good way to go out. With the exception of the 5th, I almost then it would be fine to end it now.

On a side note, at least they didn't land and it was 1980 again! (although I could see Starbuck with feathered hair)

15. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Further reports from the shooting of the Caprica prequel-

Sources state the costumes for the cast is decidely 1930s/1940s New York in style. Yet Capricans use cell phones and other high-tech gadgets. This fits with the idea that after the First Cylon War the 12 Colonies moved away from integrated computer systems and thus went back to the analogue electronic era. As seen in B-star-G the 12 Colonies use corded phones and reel-to-reel recorders - yet have FTL drives and space combat tech. So when we watch Caprica you'll see a blend of 1930s/1940s culture with 21st/22nd century tools. This is because the 12 Colonies prior to the First Cylon War were enjoying a Roaring 1920s-like culture. Advanced technology was all the rage. Few in the population of the 12 Colonies could see the danger that was coming with high-tech gluttony. But that IS how it is with Humans. We like our 'toys'. Until those 'toys' take a mind of their own and decide Humans are the flaws and in need of extermination. TSK,TSK,TSK. [face_shame_on_you] ,[face_skull]

Visit set images-

13thcolony.wordpress

16. HoosierTrooper

Aug 1, 2006
    I totally agree. The ending was such that it didn't really leave me wanting more. I was happy with what we got and am ready to move on.

17. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    But...but the real story is just getting started. The current B-star-G series is really a coda. Tip of the iceberg as the old saying goes. What's this silly business of being ready to move on? Once again we witness the mass extinction of attention spans in the young pups of the world. See that too is a lesson in the new B-star-G mythos - that technological gluttony (in this case addiction to computer game speeds) is killing patience with good drawn out storytelling. Tsk, tsk, tsk [face_shame_on_you]

There is much yet to watch in the remaining 12 episodes of season four. Then we have Caprica and at least one (maybe three) tv-movies yet to see. The current B-star-G mythos is blossoming in a very controlled way. Bits of story at a time with a clear focus and solid continuity in mind. Unlike the wreck that is Trek by comparison. So be patient - the current B-star-G mythos has some more well reasoned twists to reveal. Do not anger the Cylon god. IT will find you and gobble you whole. [face_devil]

18. Fistofury

Fistofury Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002
  19. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Nah, they'd never get him to be on the show. The show's good. :p

20. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    My picks for the 12th and final Cylon 'skinjob' are (drum roll)

4. Boxy (kid from the 2003 mini-series, character was brought over from Classic B-star-G)

3. Romo Lampkin (Gaius Baltar's lawyer, the guy whispering advice in Lee's ear)

2. Lampkin's cat (dead cat, then invisible cat)

1. MCCAIN (a.k.a. Saul Tigh's evil twin brother living on Earth, about to be the president that will cause a nuclear war, thus explaining the condition of Earth in season four)

:eek: ,]-} , [face_skull] ,[face_devil] ,[face_shhh]

SPOILER BABY SPOILER !!!

21. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    AAAAAAGH! I JUST WATCHED THE LAST EPISODE!!! SONS OF BASTIGES MUST PAY. KILL THEM, KILL THEM ALL!!!
    Go my mechanical marvels. Spare no one!
    [image=http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f247/navarre1095/Giantrobotline.jpg]

22. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Chuck, are you the big bad in the Penny Arcade game? The one controlling all the Fruit ...ker robots? :p

23. Mike-El

Mike-El Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2006
    What "mysteries" are left to be resolved?

The revered "Fifth Cylon"?
    The status of the 1's, 4's, and 5's and Sharon?
    That can't be Earth or we are seeing a portion of it.
    The whole Hera storyline.

and for my curiosities...

Isn't there a Cylon homeworld?
    Isn't there a Cylon Shipyard?
    How Tigh is so damn old yet a Cylon? (anyone explain that?)

and an observation...

Methinks BSG is set during a big time holy war of Biblical proportions.

How would you feel if they turn this into more of a God vs Satan (Natasi) theme?

p.s. mmmmmmmmm, Toasty!

24. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    SPECULATION ONLY-

Oh I think we'll see some SUBTLE use of the ol' Iblis/Baal/Satan/Lucifer/Belzabub/Pazuzu/Loki/Ares/Djinn/Cthulhu/ plotline from Classic B-star-G. Geez we already have gobs of SUBTLE clues for that - per 'head' Six, 'head' Baltar. I really think the model the producers are using is Beneath The Planet Of The Apes. Yes indeed BTPOTA fits the exact bill. I could say why, but I seem to bore people. But yeah a bigger 'game' than Colonials vs. Cylons be afoot. Colonials and Cylons are mere pawns really. But unlike Classic B-star-G this new series is more psychological in its approach. More grounded in naturalism than mysticism. Thus far the show upon finding Earth is keeping true to its dystopian core. For every positive step forward there will be grim hardship. This ain't Trek. Not everything will be OK in the end. The new B-star-G is ultimately about things going wrong - sometimes VERY wrong. THAT is what keeps us on the edges of our seats. Like any good 'future-history' the new B-star-G is about CHANGE not happy endings.

OK the 'Kesh will get off the soap box and put away the 'medicinal tea of naughtiness'. [face_coffee]

25. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Battlestar News!

Production of a B-star-G tv-movie will start in August. The tv-movie is a story that takes place before the second half of season four. Word is that four of the Final Five Cylon 'skinjobs' are key to the plot. Again my speculation is we'll see more of the First Cylon War through the eyes of a younger Saul Tigh. Also the report lists the other three Final Five as being connected to the plot. Release of the tv-movie might be late Fall. It is likely we will get the Caprica 'pilot' episode early Fall. The Caprica series then might start side-by-side to the second half of season four. More info as I get it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.