main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON NY Hot Air Balloon Festival

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Cow_Girl, Jul 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Hey Guys, I have just been notified of this and it sounds like fun :)

Wellsville, NY Hot Air Balloon Festival - July 16th

I know this would be a trek for you guys, but you're more than welcome to join us all the same.

The annual Hot Air Balloon Festival is held the weekend of July 15th-17th in Wellsville, NY.
    This year, the area Star Wars costuming groups have been invited to attend the sidewalk sales downtown on Saturday and help raise money for the SPCA (a local no-kill animal shelter that survives on donations and fundraising alone).

The times are not set in stone yet, but right now it looks like we will be downtown in costume from 10:30am until approximately 3:30pm. Our 'base of operations' is on the library lawn, where the children's activities are but we've also bee told that we can roam around Main Street if we choose (the street is blocked off for the other vendors and groups as well). Basically, we will be posing for pictures (Polaroid?s) to help raise money for the SPCA. (There will have water and juice there, and they've placed us near some shade as well).

After the event, everyone is invited to my house (well, my parents house) to grab a quick bite and cool down (we're thinking bbq and swimming as I have a pool). Then around 6:15pm or so, those that want to can head down the launch site and watch the evening balloon launch. (The launch site is near my house and we will not be in costume for this - just to have fun!)

In the next week or so I should have more updates, but this is the tentative plan. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact me or visit the thread on the Rochster boards.

Thanks so much and I really hope some of you will be able to make it down!

~ Katie

A bit more information on the rally can be found here: http://www.wellsvilleballoonrally.com

2. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Just a note that its also the same weekend as San Diego Comic Con (not likely a conflict) and Toronto Trek (much more likely a conflict)

3. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    Horray for raising money for the SPCA!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.