main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

V.C, CA October Meeting - 2010

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Gizmosrealm, Oct 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gizmosrealm

Gizmosrealm Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2007
    Hey everyone!

I just spoke to the owner of Zzyzx Cafe in Camarillo, Bryan Fry. He's a really nice guy who is hosting a Star Wars Weekend at his restaurant on October 8-11th. To celebrate, he has created several Star Wars themed breakfast and brunch type dishes specially for this event. As well, on Saturday October 9th, from 9am-11am, Chewbacca will be there to celebrate and have his picture taken with the customers.

So, I'd like to have our next meeting there on October 9th from let's say 10:00-12:30pm (approximately). I'm also going to ask if anyone would like to come dressed in character? Or if you know anyone who would be willing to come dressed in character. We could use any characters...Storm Troopers, Clone Troopers, Padme, Handmaidens, Han, Jedi, Bounty Hunters, Leia, Royal Guards, Rebels; absolutely any Star Wars character would be great! And in case you need a little incentive to dress up, Bryan has said that anybody wearing Star Wars Gear that weekend will get a $5 gift card for a future visit (this applies to all patrons throughout the weekend, not just us). Not only do I think this would be a fantastic chance to promote ourselves, but a chance to help promote a fellow fan's restaurant.

So, pass the word around and let's make this happen. Let's make this an event to show Ventura County that the Star Wars community here is alive and strong!

ZZyzx Cafe
    33 North Lewis Road
    Camarillo, CA

Date: Saturday, October 9th, 2010
    Time: approximately 10am-12:30pm (anyone wanting to come earlier or stay later will be welcome to)

Gizmosrealm - CR

2. Keiran_Horn

Keiran_Horn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 2002
    I'm planning on coming Saturday, although I won't be in costume. I RSVP'd on Facebook, as well. Hope to see some of you there!

3. Gizmosrealm

Gizmosrealm Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2007
    I will of course be there as well. Also, not in costume. Looking forward to seeing you and hopefully lots of other people too!

4. Keiran_Horn

Keiran_Horn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 2002
    I don't think I'm gonna be able to make it, guys. I woke up with a fever and a bad cough, so the only place I'm going today is the doctor. Sorry for the last minute bail, I was SO excited to make it out. :(

5. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Bummer!

How are you feeling?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.