main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Octoberish Stuff

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by Marold, Oct 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    Sorry I didn't get this up sooner, my computer was in the shop for a week so I haven't been able to get online.

Now I know October is a busy month with parties and what not, what would everyone like to do and what days are available for most?

If anyone is willing to host a party, by all means speak up about it here.

2. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Anyone up for going and seeing a hypnotist this month?

For one of my classes I have to write a short report on a form of alternative medicine and hypnosis is a great one. So who's up for it?

3. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    I could be a possible maybe on that. Or if anyone would like to help me move stuff to my "new" condo? Any day any time after 3pm. (I can use all the help I can get.)

4. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Wahoo you got your Condo. *dances*

I can help on some Saturdays and Thursdays after that I'm at work. *ick*

5. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Here's an idea for this month. Since my family has that huge monster in our drive way they like to call a trailer why can't we meet in it? It has A/C if it's hot and a heater if it's cold. There's also a stove, an oven and a microwave.

We can do a game night, I can haul a TV set in there to play video games or we can do some board games as well.

The only weekend I can do it is the 28. I know it's close to halloween and all and I have to ask my parents if it's okay. But what does everyone think?

6. Jedi_Noghri

Jedi_Noghri Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2004
    A game night sounds like fun.

7. SovereignKnight

SovereignKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 17, 2001
    Aargh I wish I could be home for Halloween. It is my most favorit-ist holiday and I'm peeved that I have to miss it this year. Even worse, I have to be in LA where the only seasons are smog and dark. Autumn is SO awesome in Utah.

Bah.

8. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Did you want pictures? I haven't been up in the canyons to see the leaves, course now it's too late cause the best time is September. stupid school schedules.

9. YodaSmeagol

YodaSmeagol Jedi Master star 1

Mar 22, 2005
    Also, seeing as it is October, perhaps that sometime at this activity we could share and show each other pictures of our costumes. Because I am making a totally wicked costume (not Star Wars themed, however) that I have nothing to do with or to show to anyone.

But I'm all for a game night. As long as people show up.

Oh, and if we have video games, I hope someone has Battlefront 2. That game rocks!

10. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Alright I've got the go ahead on the trailer so we've got it set. If you want to dress up, by all means dress up.

The game consoles I have are a Game Cube and I think I can borrow my brothers XBox but it only has one controller.

So what time should we start the shindig?

11. Jedi_Noghri

Mar 17, 2004
    Well I think the controllers and a couple games like Battlefront II are coming along with Riley and Sierra. Riley (aka Jedi_Angell) hasn't posted here in quite a while but hopefully he'll confirm that he's coming. I talked to him last night and he seemed enthused.

12. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    So we've got the games, hopefully now we need more bodies. I've got a count of like 5 off the top of my head. Any other takers?

13. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Almost forgot, those that renember our Aussie friends well I recieved a loverly package from them a few weeks ago and so I'll be sharing the contents of the package at the party. Not going to tell you what they are, you're just gonna have to come and find out.

14. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Almost forgot, if you need my address please PM me and I'll give you directions to my house.

15. Jedi_Noghri

Mar 17, 2004
    Ok, so here's the dealio with dressing up. Since it is so close to Halloween, feel free to dress up in a costume if you want to. It is encouraged but not required. You don't have to dress up if you don't want to though since some costumes aren't as comfortable as others and you might not want to sit around in full stormtrooper armor for hours. If you have a costume you want to show off to everyone and can change out of it into something a little more comfortable, all the better.

16. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I guess I need a time huh? Alright it will be this Saturday October 28 at 6 pm. If you need my address please PM me. You can come later, no big deal. I'm hoping to have tacos that night, there should be left overs from another party I'm doing on Saturday. Feel free to bring items to share and if you have a game you'd like to play on an Xbox or game cube bring that as well. Or if you have another Star Wars game you'd like to play bring it as well, there's a table in the trailer we can set it up on.

Hope to see you all there.

17. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Tacos are a go for a meal. Got lots of left overs, but if you feel like bringing something else, like drinks be my guest.

If you have any Star Wars games please bring those as well. I'm thinking of dressing up too.

18. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I want to thank everyone for coming last night, it was alot of fun and I hope we can do it again another time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.