main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Of Love and Marriage : pre-ESB H/L: Updated 6/28/05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by J_Girl, Aug 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    This is an awesome fic J-Girl. I'm enjoying it so much. You really have Han and Leia in character. :)

2. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    boushh2187 : Hmm, yeah, I think I remember something like that. Have I ever mentioned I sorta like Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford? ;)

Stoned Rose : Yet another author I admire lets me know that they are reading my fic. Thanks. And hey, I guess I did manage to do that, didn't I? Cool! :)

Jedi-Jade : Thank you very much. Glad that you are enjoying it. :)

Amidala_Skywalker : Speechless, huh? That is quite a compliment. Thanks! :D And no need to apologoze about the king thing, I was having trouble making it clear in the fic anyway. I should really go back and make it more obvious one day.

Dant : You know my insecurities all too well, LOL. Oh, btw, did I say this fic was finished? ;) Then why am I going over it and still changing things right before I post? ;) Qwerty

Sologal : You started Page 4! Awesome! :D Thanks. I am trying my best to keep them in character and still make the story fit. It's not easy in this one, I tell you.

Thanks for reading. The new post might go up early today.

EDIT: my typos, of course, what else?

3. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    I hope you post soon -- the curiousity is killing me! I hope they KISS at least!

4. LovelyLea

LovelyLea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2001
    Post? Please?

5. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001

Dally : I know the feeling. It drives me crazy waiting to see what's gonna happen. Han and Leia kiss? Hmm, now there's an idea. ;) Guess you'll just have to hang around and see. :)

LovelyLea : Maybe sooner than you think.

Thanks, guys.

Dexgirl

6. sweetheart

sweetheart Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    I'm really enjoying this fic J_Girl, I hope you post more soon! :)

7. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    sweetheart : thanks, more in a few minutes, actually

8. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    OK, you guys are in luck. My softball team is playing a double-header tonight, so I am gonna put the post up now before I go. Hopefully when I get home, I will be rewarded with a few replies (hint, hint) :)

Previous: Chapter 5: Whoever Said Anything About a Prince?

Chapter 6: How You Doin'?

At the appointed time, Princess Leia Organa and ?Sir? Han Solo waited anxiously outside the banquet hall door to be announced to the waiting dinner guests. Leia was very nervous for some reason that she couldn?t quite grasp.

Noticing her trepidation as she stood next to him, Han was puzzled by her nervousness. This was her natural arena. Why would she be worried? He answered his own question with the next thought. Obviously, she never had been expected to be introduced as the fiancé of ?Sir? Solo and the next reigning queen on this system. She had thought this life was behind her and maybe she was a little afraid she could pull it all off.

Bending his head down towards her, he whispered out of the side of his mouth in familiar brand of teasing mixed with optimism, hoping to distract her a little, ?Relax, Your Worship. It?s only a dinner.?

?I know,? Leia said staunchly in a clipped tone, standing stock still. Of their own volition, her fingers searched out his hand and squeezed. Not willing to acknowledge the action, she stared straight ahead, listening to the introduction in the banquet hall.

Han could feel her trembling as he held her small fingers. Squeezed her hand back, he then moved it up to the crook of his arm. ?You?ll do fine,? he whispered. ?Just be a princess. I know you that you know how to do that,? he smirked.

With that, her tension was dispelled some and they stepped through the opening doors and into the stately festivities.

Through the applause, Han led her to the designated seats with more pride than he realized. It felt good to have her on his arm. Here he was, as far from royalty as one could get and he was leading a beautiful princess through a room of royal dignitaries as her intended husband. If only Chewie could see him now. He had done some crazy things in his time, but this had to be one of his more unbelievable experiences.

Solo did his best not to let her down. He was in this now and it would be stupid to screw it up. He tried to say as little as possible, allowing Leia take the lead. After settling in, she definitely was in her element, conversing easily and regally with the guests. He had to admire Her Worshipfulness, she did have this princess stuff down to an art. Surprisingly, it was actually fascinating to watch. For all of his teasing of her royal status, Han had never had the chance to see her in full princess mode before up close. Leia wore it well. That part didn?t surprise him at all, though.

Someone off to the right woke Han?s reverie by asking him how they met. Solo hesitated for a moment, ?We, uh, sort of ran into each other.? He was careful to use his best Basic, so as not to bring on any more questions about his background than necessary.

?Han was helping me with a project and we came to know each other,? the princess added, glancing at Han meaningfully as if to silently get their story straight. They should have talked about this before, but hadn?t had much of a chance. They hadn?t seen each other since their meeting with King Antropo.

?Oh, so it wasn?t love at first sight then?? another dignitary seated across Solo inquired. By now, everyone nearby had quieted down, hoping to hear the story.

Hesitatingly, Leia looked to Han, trying not to blush, but Solo covered smoothly. ?I can?t answer for the princess, but I know I was swept away,? he smiled, covering Leia?s hand where it was lying on the table.

The women at the table could be heard audibly sighing at the romance of it all.

?I can easily see why,? the man ventured.

?Yes, she is q

9. set271

set271 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2000
    Ooooh, another great post! This is shaping up to be SO much fun (well, it already is, but you know what I mean). :) Like others have said, you really do a great job of keeping them in character. :)

10. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Another great post, especially the part when Han was explainging how he supposedly met Leia and how they fell in love. Great Job, J_Girl!

Amidala

11. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    giggling, giggling, giggling. Don't do that to me.

12. set271

set271 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2000
    D'oh! When I posted before, it was in response to the previous story post and I hadn't even read this one yet!! WOW, that was great. It was SO much fun seeing Han getting to see Leia in her element... and of course his response to the "how did you meet" question was classic (?We, uh, sort of ran into each other.?) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Great job, once again!! :)

13. LovelyLea

LovelyLea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2001
    AW MAN! :D

14. DantSolo

DantSolo Jedi Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    OH YEAH!!! This was the best scene yet!! Classic Han and Leia!! :D

But I know the best is yet to come! :)

15. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    You keep out doing yourself J_Girl. But when are they going to kiss for real, like on the lips? ;)

16. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    Upping this so I can find it in the morning :)

Oh, and we won both games, btw

17. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    Congrats on the wins, my friend. How was the gatorade? :D

18. Lari

Lari Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2001
    Congratulations on the wins, Dexgirl. And congratulations on a great post! Thank you so much for ignoring our pleas for a kiss and going slowly, it's much more fun this way!

BTW, it was so sweet that Han didn't want to really kiss her when she was fighting against it. AWWWWWW!

19. Elektra

Elektra Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 18, 2001
    Oooh! Oooh! Great story so far! Post more please. :D

20. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    Posting anytime soon, Dexgirl? :D

21. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    set271 : so, are you saying that I am posting too fast for you guys? j/k ;) Yeah, I kinda thought it was a funny response, too, even if I do say so myself. Thanks!

Amidala Skywalker : that does seem to be a poplular part. Thanks!

Darth Ishtar : nice to see you have a healthy sense of humor. :)

LovelyLea : right back at ya :D

Dant : "Why are you still here?" Wow! Thanks! And the gatorade was a might sticky, but at least it was blue ;)

Sologal : Thanks and :: dexgirl shrugs:: dunno ;)

Lari : Usually it drives me crazy to write it this way, but it does seem to be working. Han is a scoundrel, but he's not that type of scoundrel. He really cares for Leia, so I didn't think he would want to kiss her if he didn't think she wanted him to. Thanks and thanks!

Elektra : Thanks and I am working on it.

Thanks again for reading everybody :D OK, give me a couple of hours and I will have a new post up tonight! Trust me ;)

Dexgirl

22. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    Dude, you know exactly why I am still here. :D

23. J_Girl

Feb 18, 2001
    Allrighty then.... let's get straight to why you came here....

Previous: Chapter 6: How You Doin? ?

Chapter 7: Love at First Sight?

The next day was filled with appointments of all kinds. Putting together a royal wedding and coronation in a couple of days was no small feat. The palace was filled with beings scurrying around taking care of this and that. Since they had both started early, Solo and Princess Leia had not seen each other all day. Their minds were inescapably occupied with each other, however. As discreet as the wedding planners and helpers were, they couldn?t stop themselves from commenting on the excitement and romance of upcoming events or how the Han and Leia were completely suited for each other. To Han, they repeatedly pointed out Leia?s beauty and how in love she seemed to be. Leia was told in quiet asides how handsome Han was and they all wished for someone as romantic.

In the late afternoon, Leia was expected to attend a small, informal get together for the ladies of the royal court. Their gentlemen counterparts would join an hour or so later, after their own gathering was finished.

For his part, Han had a surprisingly good time. He made a point to talk to each of the men present to get a feel for their loyalties. Outside of the formal surroundings of the night before, Solo found them to be an unassuming group - for a bunch of royals, that is. They were not necessarily people he would choose as drinking buddies, but they were not as irritating as he would have guessed either. Also, Han found out that they were very loyal to the head family and their system, indeed. A few drinks and stories later, Solo felt more assured that Leia?s relative safety would remain intact as King Antropo had promised.

On the other hand, Leia was not exactly enjoying herself. She normally held disdain for these types of get-togethers. Usually, a full-blown gossipfest was all that ever seemed to happen. Unfortunately, this one was no different. While the princess knew the intrinsic value of gossip, she held little regard for the time spent on it. And this time it was much worse, since the centerpiece of that gossip was Han and herself. The women had a million questions and comments, seemingly all at once. Leia did her best to be vague or sidestep the questions entirely, claiming modesty. Still, she knew she would have to answer some directly or there would be no end and suspicion might be raised.

The women weren?t about to be deterred either. Lady Devvka was determined to get some answers and decided to take the direct route. ?We heard the official version last night at dinner. Come on, Princess, there must be more. Tell us,? came the plea that Leia knew was a thinly veiled demand.

Taking a deep breath, Leia promised herself to only say what she had to. ?Honestly, that?s how it happened. We met quite by accident. I looked up and he was there.?

?I should say so. I know I couldn?t miss a gorgeous man like that,? Lady Museraa said with just a touch of jealously. ?Where is he from??

?He?s Corellian,? the Princess answered casually. Although Han could blend in on just about any planet, it wouldn?t be hard to find that out, she supposed.

?Ooh, no wonder he is so good looking. Corellian men are known for that,? Lady Yoontan knowingly admired. The others made a show of agreeing wholeheartedly.

Princess Leia had to smile inwardly. Actually, it was nice to hear the women clamoring about Han and he was all hers. Easy, Leia, he?s not yours, she reminded herself.

?But when did you two fall in love?? Lady Museraa asked and everyone went silent, waiting anxiously for the answer.

Leia refused to blush while considering her answer. Lady Devvka piped up in the meantime, ?At first sight. It had to be at first sight. How could it not have been? Am I right, Princess??

Unable to suppress a s

24. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    Oh, that will do excellently. :D WONDERFUL!!! And, hmmm...there's something about those ladies that seems awfully familiar....... ;)

25. boushh2187

boushh2187 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    "...intoxicating..." Uuummm, yeah... that about sums it up, right there. ;)

Seriously, great, great post! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.