main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon OFF CR '10-11 Election Time

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jawafett, May 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    Here it is. Time for another Oregon FanForce CR Election. If you feel the call to lead a great group of Star Wars fans, put your name into the ring and make your canidate speech. We can do a Canidate Q&A post once we know who our CR canidates are, then vote. Let's get this done by July 1st. Let the nominations begin!

-Eric

2. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    Wow, new elections so soon? It's been a year, already? Anyone else wanting to be Chapter Rep?

Long live the King... err, I mean JawaFett! :D

3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I'd only put my name out as a candidate if a lot of people wanted me to run. I'm perfectly fine with Eric staying CR for the upcoming year. :)

4. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    I'm done with club politics, no matter which club it is. Let someone else deal with the headache of leadership...

I nominate JawaFett, Crashdown, ,JediGunship, JimSidious and ImperialJedi for the position.

There, I stacked the deck with all of my friends, here! :p

- Bill

5. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    If nominated, I will not run, if elected, I will not serve. Leadership is a path to the dark side. Today, the Oregon FanForce, tomorrow, the galaxy. When will it end?

6. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    Jawafett, will you be stepping down, or is your name in the hat. I think many members wouldn't mind if you stay CR. But if you plan to step down, I'm sure there are members interested in putting in their names.

7. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    I love this group. I'll run for CR, but I would like to see others speak up to run also. And thanks to everyone for confidence in my leadership. Also I would like to thank AramysStrael, for his hard work and great effort in taking care of the OFF Tshirt runs and helping with the OFF Business cards. Thanks Bill.

-Eric

8. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003

Yes !! three cheers for AramysStrael !!!

9. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    When will we vote on this?

10. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    It wsn't a big deal.. I was just doing my part for the OFF, that's all.

- Bill

11. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    =D= Thanks, Bill.

12. jimsidious

jimsidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2002
    whoa hey man ive done my time...as chapter rep!!!what??? it goes against my punk rock nature you know anarchistic ways and all lol three cheers for eric!!!

13. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
  14. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004

And a foine job, ye did, m'lad. Foine job, n`deed.

Why am I talking like an Irishman, I have no clue! How I would know that Jim was a good CR, no clue, either. But nobody burned him at the stake, so I am assuming he was a decent enough CR! :D

-Bill

15. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Hey, he returned to be a member. Must've been pretty good. Isn't that right, Jim? :D

16. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Exactly.... he couldn't have been all bad!

- Bill

17. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    Jim did a fine job as CR, as did Crashdown, and I think I did too.
    If no one else pipes up soon as a nomoniee...
    We will still have a vote, soon.

-Eric

18. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Like I said, I nominate JawaFett, Crashdown, JediGunship, JimSidious and ImperialJedi for the position. So it comes down to who, among you are willing to take the position. We can vote for whoever is willing to take the postiion.

So, I guess what I am really saying is this: do any of you accept your nominations, or do you decline?

- Bill

19. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    I accept the nomination for OFF CR.

Jawafett's Proposal for Oregon FanForce CR position:
    Looking to the future, I see greater membership participation not only in topic discussions, but in future events. There a number of walks for charity that we as a group can participate in/raise awareness for (Light the Night Walk, Komen Race for the Cure) Join TEAM STAR WARS, group gatherings at Star Wars events along side the local costumers (See 501st Legion Cloud City Garrison, Rebel Legion Kashyyyk Base, and Mandalorian Mercs Clan. Plus a ton of Other things that have been suggested like a selected book reviews, attending Portland Comic Book show, attending Orycon, and the brand New RoseCity ComicCon. We just need to have more meetings (every 3rd Saturday??), and be a great group of like minded Star Wars fans for Oregon. I will take in your suggestions, and work with you to help make our group better, and I ask for your inputs, your topics of discussion, and ask for calm attitudes in your responses when posting. I love being a Star Wars Fan and having friends who share a common interest. MTFBWY!
    Thank You.

-Eric

20. jimsidious

jimsidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2002
    [face_blush] [face_blush] I thank thee all soooo very much for the kind words, but alas I have not the time to do the work....and why am I talkin like im from the old english days??? dude I think the accent speakin bug is contagious LOL. seriously man my job is way to demanding as of now but the thought is awesome thanks for puttin me in your thoughts.... i dont hear any one else standin up to the challenge, yet I hear no complaints of being nominated by the other nominees????

21. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I'll accept the nom so that someone else runs against Eric. :p

22. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Wow, just Eric and Matt wanting to be CR, this year?

- Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.