main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**OFFICAL C3 HOTEL PLANNING** **BIG UPDATE 4/14/05**

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by darth_hair, Feb 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    A couple of seemingly obvious questions that I don't know the answer to... :confused:

Will the airline still accept the credit card if it's not mine? (AKA, will I have to sign?)

Is the con indoors, outdoors, or both?

What are the best days to wear costumes? (I have two)

Thanks!
    *SB*

2. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    SB

Last time the con was indoors only. As for the airline ticket I think whoever is on the name of the card needs to be there. But if I were you I'd call the airline and see what their policy is. It probably depends on the airline.

3. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Most of them will let you look it up by the name... Just don't go to the Self Check-In, or have one of your folks go w/ you. :) They have to make concessions for "children"

And DO NOT FORGET YOUR ID!! [face_worried]

4. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    SB...As for the best days, I think Friday/Saturday might be best. Thursday, everything's starting, and Sunday, everyone's trying to pack up.

At least, that's the logic I'm using...so those are the only 2 days I'll dress up.

5. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    It's gonna take me most of Friday to get into my costume....and then most of Saturday to get out of it....

Not sure why I'm even taking 2 costumes at this point.

This time tomorrow night, we should be somewhere in IL/IN.

Which reminds me, I'd better grab some shut eye. 4:00 is gonna come awful early....

6. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    becca is wondering if you need a harem of wenches to help you with that.

7. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Has anyone ever turned down an offer like that?

8. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    5AM is gonna come real early for me, since I still need to plack my clothes :p [face_tired]

9. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    I was actually completely packed & out the door by 6....for a change.

3:45 was unnaturally early this morning.

10. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Cyodarun and Starblazer... I almost forgot that we need to decide what method of transportation to use to get to the hotel once we're in Indy. I'm going back through the thread to look for the info on options that was posted. I'm thinking that basically we have a choice of shuttle or taxi? I'm trying to find out which is cheaper overall between 4 of us. My only concern about a taxi is whether it can fit all our luugage?

11. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Does anyone have a saved copy of the flight list and schedule from th rmff survival guide that they svaed? The link off the actual page is dead at the moment.

Or a more direct question - in my hotel room, am I correct in remembering that it is NNay who arrives onsite first? I'm about to call the hotel for the day-before confirmation of reservation, and wanted to make sure that the names on the room are set. But since Zoom said the hotel would charge us extra for having more than two names on the room... I was thinking of limiting the names to myself (since it's on my card) and the first person to arrive and check in. edit: Or was it Mistress who arrives first? :confused:

12. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Hotel reservation confirmed, room on my card confirmed again just to be safe. The room is in my and Mistress' names; other names have been removed. The lady confirmed that there is a surcharge for having more than two names on the room, though she later muttered something about it didn't seem to change the rate on her screen. But to be safe, and save us another $15/person/day, we have just the two names. This means that when Nnay and Sarah arrive, they'll have to ... have to... *calls hotel to check*...

Crap. Weird stuff. SC is calling the hotel to check on stuff.

13. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    Yes, I will be there first and I think Sarah is right after me and nnay is right after her. All three of us should be there by check in, and the buzz is there wont be an early check in...so.

I will check into the party room, and the three of us will check into our real room?

We'll figure it out, we are all smart people...uhm yah, :p

14. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    actually sarah and i are in the same limo...so we are coming together. woohoo!

15. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    SC called and confirmed that we have a flat rate for our hotel rooms. Thank you SC!!!!!!! :D For a double/double, that is $200/night plus tax. When I called this morning, they told me that this rate was for only 2 people and that it would be $260 /night for 6 people. However, the rate they quoted the Sith Couple was flat $200 regardless of number of people. So, if you go to check in and they try to charge you extra for having more than one person in a king room and 2 in a double/double... that is not right. Just something to keep an eye on, when you're checking in and checking out.

The hotel also confirmed that we can split charges on multiple credit cards, and that we can set it up at the beginning so the charges are split as we go along, if we want.

Mistress, JGoC, and Nnay - per SC's recommendation, I didn't add JGoC and Nnay's names to the room, just to be safe; it should be ok for you to meet up with Mistress when you get there.

16. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    thanks for the heads up..

17. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    nevermind i just reread that. :)

18. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    just a reminder...if you need the phone list..you need to PM me before 4:30 MST today. after that i will be out of touch. :)

19. e1jnky

e1jnky Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2004
    We are headed out the door to begin our voyage to Indy. Next stop, C3! Wahoooooooooooooooooo!

20. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    Ok, we are about to leave for our flight. C3 is tomarrow, see you all soon.

21. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    We're leaving now too, see ya at the airport, see more of you in Indy, see the rest of you when we get back....Suckas!!!!

22. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    JMO and I are out the door. Cyodarun and SB, see you on the flight from DEN.

23. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I Haven't even started to pack!! I gotta get on it.

24. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    In the spirit of a true procrastinator, I will now begin to pack. ;)

*SB*

25. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    I must thank Jeff and Kim one more time for jumping on this and reserving the rooms. I had a lot of fun. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.