main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***Official*** AOTC DVD Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by DarthSapient, May 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Death-Vader

Death-Vader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2002
    darkOmegazer0-
    The music that plays when you insert disc 2 is the love theme but it is very different from the ep. 1 DVD. Instead of the Star Wars logo appearing out in space, it starts in the room where Yoda is teaching the younglings. Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Padme's face show up in the "stars" that surround that little ball. While this is happening, the camera is spinning around 360 degrees. Then the doors slide open and the camera zooms in to show the library where the main menu is. This introduction is so good that I never skip it.

2. cmadragon

cmadragon Jedi Youngling

Aug 31, 2002
    I just got the AOTC DVD from a friend who said he bought it at a flea market where a guy sells DVDs that haven't been officially released yet. I just wonder how people have been getting it before November 12. As far as I can tell it is official. Any thoughts?

3. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Well I would say it's official, stores usually get the DVD's a week or 2 before the release date so theres nothing to stop them from selling them early (illegaly).

4. DARTH_CHINA

DARTH_CHINA Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    In the netherlands AotC only comes out 13/11/02

"Officieel" komen ze uit op 13/11 ;) Niet alle winkels volgen de officiële data! :D Zeker toch niet in uw buurland! :)

5. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    I got a question to anyone who owns the dvd, on the second disc is there another thing like the second disc of TPM where it played "duel of the fates" with scenes from the movie in the big STAR WARS?

When you pop in the second disc, you get the map room, with Obi-Wan, Yoda and the Younglings. The stars and planets from the map come together to form the faces of the main characters (Anakin, Padme and then Obi-Wan), coming apart again before forming each face. The Love Theme is playing while it does this. The camera then zooms through the room to go out the door and emerges into the Jedi Library, which is where the main menu is for the second disc. I forget which piece of music is playing during the main menu. It might be the Love Theme, but I'm not 100% positive. I don't have the disc with me right now to check.

EDIT: I guess Death-Vader already answered this...

6. entfirst

entfirst Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2002
    There is a great Easter Egg on Disc 2. If you go into Dex's Diner, highlight the Main Menu button and press left then select you get the cool easter egg. Its not a video segment, but some cool art work. I loved the one advertising the "rare purple lightsabre" or the "lost pet".

To those that have the DVD, is there any more easter eggs apart from the one above and the "1138" blooper reel on disc 1.

7. Zam86

Zam86 Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2002
    Well i'm not going to get mine at TRU, for a few reasons....

1.It is only 5 bucks more at best buy here, and i have a gift card. :)
    2.I get a free calender if you buy it here.
    3.I dont want to go to a rush, i want to go get it and leave. (plus i'll be getting a music cd, so i'm going to best buy anyways.

8. sdp

sdp Jedi Master star 2

May 19, 2002
    my toys r us said thath they were probably going to start selling them monday night when they got the shipment,
    unless it came after the store closed :) :(

9. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    Did anyone get the TRU ad advertising the 9.99 sale?

10. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Ret: I found it in my local paper today.

Zam86: Best Buy does price matching, so if you find the ad in your paper then you can get it on your gift card and cheaper. Incidentally, I also have a Best Buy gift card, so I'm going to be buying the AOTC and LOTR DVD there on Tuesday.

11. Sau-Den

Sau-Den Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    At my Best Buy they're giving away free calenders when u buy AOTC on DVD or VHS, too bad I'm buying it at TRU. But I will be buying LOTR: EE at Best Buy, and they give u all this stuff with it, like a free pass to TTT!

12. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    Interesting. My local paper had no TRU ad.

13. niennumb1

niennumb1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 10, 2001
    Then buy the one at Suncoast and at Toys R Us if you HAVE to buy it. Then just return the Suncoast one the same day and say that you didn't know someone in your family bought it for you as a suprise, then keep the TRU one.

14. Yoda_GroundRunner

Yoda_GroundRunner Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2001
    My local paper had no TRU ad either, but I have called TRU twice to confirm their sale. There is a Circuit City next door to TRU, here, and they have AOTC for $14.

Can't wait..

15. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    For those with a Pioneer player, I myself couldn't get the bloopers to work with the 1138 code, so I had to find another way. Put the disc in your player, and then press "Stop". Now, press the number "3" on your remote. This will begin playing Title 3 on the disc, which is the blooper reel (the movie is Title 1, and the 20th Century Fox Home Video logo is Title 2). This shortcut should work on all Pioneer players.

16. Yoda_GroundRunner

Yoda_GroundRunner Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2001
    Has anyone been able to access the blooper reel w/Sony DVD players??

17. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I finally caught the "YO DA MAN" ads on TV last night... doesn anyone know if the DVD ads are going to be included in the DVD? :confused:

18. Rebellion

Rebellion Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2002
    Only 4 hours now until the next day comes...

19. entfirst

entfirst Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2002
    The DVD ads are NOT in the DVD. I have thoroughly checked for any more easter eggs and have found one on each disc.

20. sdp

sdp Jedi Master star 2

May 19, 2002
    I still have to wait 2 whole days,

21. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    That sux! :(
    I wanted to play the YO DA MAN ad when I played the DVD!!! :(

22. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I don't think so, just the ads for the movie when it came out, but maybe they will be easter eggs. Whoever wants to see that commercial again I don't know, but there's some strange people I geuss.

EDIT: Man, I'm sucj a slow typer, 4 posts hgave been posted since I began typing.

23. darkOmegazer0

darkOmegazer0 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    That's cool, thanks. The version of the love theme isn't on the soundtrack?

24. Darth_Skywalker06

Darth_Skywalker06 Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2002
    Wide Screen vs Full Screen, Help! I am leaning towards Full Screen cause Wide Screen has black stuff at the top and at the bottom? Please help me Choose

25. Rebellion

Rebellion Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2002
    Widescreen gives you more detail and shows how the director wants you to see it. If you buy the fullscreen you'll miss some of the detail. Fullscreen is closer though. Not important for some films but this one has lots of background details. It's up to you to decide in the end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.