main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OFFICIAL: C4 Is The Bomb Thread: C4 in LA, May 24-28 2007

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Apr 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I called the LA Convention Center today and asked if they had anything for May 2007, specifically Star Wars Celebration. The answer was "Yes, it starts May 5th."

So we have a relatively confirmed date and location. Let the planning scramble begin! :D

Edit:
    Changed title to reflect officialness.

Re-edited title...while the official thread of the forum, it's not "official" official just yet.

Re-re-edited it...officially official

2. DarthMedialine

DarthMedialine Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2005
    Really? I tried calling them today. It wouldn't ever transfer...WELL THEN!!!! LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!! (I'm gonna call though)

DARTH MEDIALINE

3. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    As mentioned in the other thread, between Woofer's information and Steve Sansweet's comments, an official announcement should be coming towards the end of May.

4. joesdomain

joesdomain Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2006
    I did some sleuthing myself. I took Woofer and a few others advice and called the LA convention center event extension #. I talked to a nice man that said there was a star wars (Gen con) celebration scheduled for May 23-37, 2007 for LA Convention Center. Funny thing, I know starwars.com is slow to add news and fan sites get news first sometimes. But I called Gencon event director and spoke with him in on the phone. He heard rumors of a Celebration IV but he said there is no contract for CIV in LA Convention. No Lucasfilm or Lucas Licensing representative has mentioned anything to them about a CIV anywhere. This may be a tactic like the infamous Revenge of the Jedi campaign in 1983 or during the production of Return of the Jedi they told everyone around them their film was Blue Harvest, a horror film. This will probably be confirmed next month. I don't have the time or money to travel to a large city like LA. Let the Debunking of rumors begin!

5. DarthMedialine

Apr 10, 2005
    I Called them back. see my lucasfilm has con ctr set aside (posted topic)

6. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Maybe the May 5th date was a planning date, dunno. Still.

7. DarthMedialine

Apr 10, 2005
    lol everyone hates me now and all i did was post a topic!!! lol I'm just excited, that's all!!!

~Darth Medialine~

8. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    No one hates you :p ...multiple topics for stuff like this always happens...I have to bring the hammer down early, or there'd be 15 threads about it by the time I wake up tomorrow.

9. QueenAmidalaEP1

QueenAmidalaEP1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2005
    Please note that sources are saying that several Convention Centers may have dates blocked for C4 (of course they are also saying pack your sunscreen) ;)

*High level sources have confirmed that everything is unconfirmed until officially confirmed.*

Please don't flood LACC (or other Convention Centers) with phone calls.

10. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Thanks for the title change Bri, I'm no good at titles.

11. DarthMedialine

Apr 10, 2005
    lol ok yay! I'm just excited and ready to plan!! I live in Texas but my husband and I will definitely be willing to fly out there! It's STAR WARS people!

darth medialine

12. joesdomain

Feb 14, 2006
    I won't be going to it if they announce LA convention Center next month. It would cost a couple hundred dollars to fly from Indianapolis to LA with all the hotel costs, taxis, food, etc. I am a poor college student. I still believe it is false rumor till starwars.com announces CIV. .......

Edit: Please leave the off-topic flaming of people out of this thread/forum. C4 has nothing to do with the Fan Club membership drive.

13. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    If it does end up being in LA, I probably won't be able to go. But oh well, that's life. :)

14. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Hopefully it won't be on Memorial Day weekend...that would pretty much be a deal breaker for me.

15. joesdomain

Feb 14, 2006
    Funny thing I have checked alot of star wars websites and this is the only one reporting it. Since this is a fansite, I won't believe it until starwars.com says something or gencon website. Indy for 2007! Indianapolis was never taken off the list of potential Celebration IV. You got to love these forum members who think they are official representatives of Lucasfilm.

I repeat! LA is the worst location just like Las Vegas, San Diego, or Anaheim. They all favor west coast Star Wars fans. heck people on east coast or in Canada, Europe could not go due to high cost of transportation. It is not a central city. Steve Sansweet said Star Wars celebration location are alwasy going to be central to not favor one part of the country.

16. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Well, I don't know if this is confirmed enough to put on the main page or not, but the Con Center is reserved for a couple days at least. I would be willing to put money/reservations that it's happening in LA. Not happy about it either, it's expensive and really far, but it's better than the alternative which is no C4 at all.

Plane, train, or automobile I'll be there. Second honeymoon for my fiance and I :D

17. Lily_Skywalker

Lily_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2002
    I hope that if it is in May they won't make it early May cause that is graduation for me

18. joesdomain

Feb 14, 2006
    If I had a choice, whether to have it in LA or no CIV at all. I would choose no CIV. It isn't fair or right to do that to the east coast star wars fans. I live a hour south of Indianapolis. I really feel for Midwest and East Coast people. I am going to cry a long time if they have it in LA or on the west coast.

19. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    I agree. If they have it in LA, it's really not fair at all, and I'm not just saying that because I live in Alabama. If they put it in Atlanta, I wouldn't like it either. It needs to be central.

And what I'm wondering is: What happend to trying to find a central location? Did they just decide to throw that idea out the window? What would have been wrong with St Louis, or Kansas City? They're central states.

Sorry for the rant guys, but I'm just a little annoyed right now. :)

20. JSTAR71

JSTAR71 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    Gee I live in ky and prefer indy too but how many people have had to travel here the last two times??so here is my idea-all fans line up on both sides of the mississippi river and fight each other with plastic lightsabers whoevers batteries die first gets to have the convention in their town.futhermore as far as talks about gencon its my understanding their not hosting it anyways.peace out.

21. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    [face_laugh] I like your idea. My green lightsaber (with sound effects!) is ready to go. ;)

22. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    I just hope it isn't that weekend every one is saying... May 23rd through the 27Th. Thats the weekend of our tenth anniversy and we are planning to renew our vows. And I told my wife what was going down and she said there was no way in the world i was going that weekend. Oh well.

23. JayTee_Erricck

JayTee_Erricck Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    AT-AT_Commander,

I say take the wife to CIV and RENEW YOUR VOWS THERE! It's Celebration 4, EVERYBODY! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(searches for double A batteries for digital camera...)

May the Force be with us.

Jay Tee
    http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com

24. TK-2432

TK-2432 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2005
    I will definently be there. :D Who wants to room with me?!

25. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Can't I'm rooming with Dingo :p :D

Kidding :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.