main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Episode II Soundtrack Thread - The Music

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Darth_Thrasymachus, Mar 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Thrasymachus

Darth_Thrasymachus Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 7, 2002
    Yakface is reporting the following:

"Got a glance at the new Billboard magazine today and there was both a small banner ad on the main page and a full page ad within the first 10 pages for the upcoming episode 2 Soundtrack. Their will be 4 covers available: Yoda holding a ball of Force lightning; Anakin & Amidala with weapons ready; & Jango Fett. These 3 are listed as limited editions. The forth will be the new poster art, which was just revealed on line. They are set for an April release, I believe the 23rd. Unfortunately, I do not have a scanner available, but wanted to pass along the news."

-----

Yoda with Force lightning! Somebody get a scan ASAP!

EDIT: Changed the title so folks know that an official thread exists and to give Darth_Thrasymachus credit for posting it first.

2. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Nice work, Darth_Thrasymachus. The scene with Yoda and the lightning are heating up to be a memorable scene in the trilogy. I can't wait to see a pic of that scene.

3. Twink_Kee

Twink_Kee Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 1, 2001
    Like a dumbass, I started a new thread on this topic and didn't even see this one.

I'll repost what I said, and provide links for the lazy:

TFN has the report from Yakface.com.

One of them is said to be Yoda holding lightning. Ain't that a bit too spoilerish? Sounds like "Qui-Gon's Noble Death" all over again.

Though the idea of variant covers sounds cool, I don't remember this ever being done before for a same-soundtrack release.

4. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    At least there isn't one called Jango Loses His Head.

5. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    Twink, LOTR has four covers. I suppose this is a follow up to the four book covers. Does Billboard have pcitures of them?

6. Twink_Kee

Oct 1, 2001
    I don't keep up with LOTR music, so I wouldn't know.

7. DARK_SCORE

DARK_SCORE Jedi Master star 4

Oct 26, 2000
    Twink,

The LOTR soundtrack had several different covers. I think you could get Saruman, the ranger guy, the hobbits, some woman and a shot of the official movie poster. Or something.

As you can tell, I wasn't a fan of LOTR... :p

8. Twink_Kee

Oct 1, 2001
    Read above, please.

9. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Maybe this is just me, but whenever I hear 4 book covers or album covers it strikes me as a cheap and petty way of making money and taking advantage of the consumer by providing the same product with a different face.

10. DARK_SCORE

Oct 26, 2000
    Whenever I hear 4 book covers or album covers it strikes me as a cheap and petty way of making money and taking advantage of the consumer by providing the same product with a different face...

Yeah, but Sapes, this is Star Wars - that kinda thing just doesn't happen. Lucas respects us all as fans and individuals...

Oh... wait a second.... [face_plain]

11. Twink_Kee

Oct 1, 2001
    It is a money scheme exactly, Sapient. It's just like variant covers for comic books. They know there are some hardcore fans who will buy all the variants.

But, if you don't like it, then don't buy' em. Simple as that. I just feel sorry for those poor suckers who can't help BUT buy all the variants.

12. skywalkersound

skywalkersound Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2001
    Why buy it at all?- We'll get the JPG's of the covers and burn the soundtrack from someone we know! :)

13. Darth_Ignant

Oct 24, 2001
    "I don't keep up with LOTR music, so I wouldn't know. "

You do now, my friend.

This does seem a little exploitive, considering they'll be releasing an ultimate edition later on, but as I will only buy one copy of the single disc, I don't mind. The only problem is deciding which cover to get...

14. Darth_Thrasymachus

Feb 7, 2002
    ok, just went down to the newsstand to check it out. It's true -- four covers, one of which has Yoda holding what looks like force lightning (a ball about the size of his hand). Not sure he's catching or throwing (looks to me like he's generating it, but there's no way of knowing). It doesn't look like a photo, more like an artists rendering BUT in these days of CGI, who the heck knows!

Other BIG NEWS: the 'love theme' now has a title. It's "Across the Stars" and will be released as a single.

Any questions?

15. Darth_Ignant

Oct 24, 2001
    Thras...wanna go buy the magazine and scan the pics?

16. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    That's another issue I have a problem with. All the re-releases. You had the original on VHS, then the THX versions, then the SE's. And where they got folks was offering it in standard and widescreen formats. And then TPM came out on VHS. And then later on DVD. And then it will be the OT on DVD. Add that up and it's quite a bit of money. I don't think that's right.

17. Darth_Thrasymachus

Feb 7, 2002
    Sadly, I have no scanner nor any means of getting it scanned. Plus, my grad school finances don't allow me to toss $9CND for an ad (although, if I did have a scanner, I would buy it to share it with you all...).

18. DARK_SCORE

Oct 26, 2000
    Sapient - that's off topic. Keep it on line...! [face_devil]

That felt good! Ha! Ha!

19. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    And another thing, don't even get me started on 500 different reissues of a Luke in X-Wing fatigues and Obi-Wan action figures.

20. Twink_Kee

Oct 1, 2001
    Thanks for the info, Thrasy.

I think release the love theme as a single is a bad move and marketing blunder. DOTF was an exciting theme that transcended classical music. It also represented the first new major piece of Star Wars music by JW in a long time.

21. Darth_Thrasymachus

Feb 7, 2002
    Is anyone else a little worried about the cheesiness of "Across the Stars"? Not exactly DotF is it? Thankfully there was no "performed by..." tag, so I assume there is no lyrics or anything god awful like that... (cue Bill Murray SW lounge club act).

I really wish I could scan and post the Yoda pic... Anyone who has a scanner should be able to find Billboard fairly easily and post. It's a fairly nice (full page ad) with the main pic being Anakin on his swoop/speederbike and the four album covers. They have pics of the three ltd. edition ones but the poster version was obviously not ready by the time they were making the ad (it has a little lable saying 'poster art -- coming soon' or something like that).

22. DARK_SCORE

Oct 26, 2000
    Apart from the Star Wars Disco tune from the late '70s (a classic to be sure), I don't really equate Star Wars movies with singles.

I don't think it's really gonna harm anybody.

Now, can anyone email me an mp3 of that cheesy disco tune??? :D

23. DARK_SCORE

Oct 26, 2000
    Across the Stars sounds like one of those cheesy Randy Newman songs from those Pixar movies.

Can any of the insiders confirm whether Randy was at Abbey Road when the soundtrack was recorded...? ?[face_plain]

24. Twink_Kee

Oct 1, 2001
    Yeah, "Across the Stars" is extremely cheesy, but not good-cheesy as in "Attack of the Clones". I REALLY hope they don't release this as a single. AOTC doesn't need the pub.

EDIT: [face_laugh] @ Dark Score. This does sound like some kind of "Quest For Camelot" thing, doesn't it.

25. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    I was afraid they'd release a love theme single. It doesn't have lyrics, does it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.