main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series *Official * General Grievous in TCW Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheTelmarine, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes there is

2. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
  3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Paparazzo likes this.
  4. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    I like both, but hope to see the Wheelbike in the series later.:D

SeparatistFan likes this.
  5. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    G. Walton did not get that memo when he made the droid moron, who is far more droid than cyborg.

I love the single pod-engine, platform speeder... way more badass in a galaxy that doesn't need wheels. ;)

6. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I think Grievous and Vader are pretty much the same when it comes to being cyborgs.

Once the majority of your body has been replaced, the only real significant difference between a droid and a cyborg is the mind, the mind of a "real" person, instead of just a programmed CPU.

For both Grievous and Vader, the leftover bits of their bodies are pretty much irrelevant. Most of the work is being done by machine. Neither one is using their own physical power to move or fight. Both of them still have their minds relatively intact.

The only difference is that Vader can use the Force, but for that I'll call in Arawn_Fenn.

Arawn_Fenn according to Lucas, how does Vader's injuries affect his use of the Force? Does it hurt his potential? If it does, does the amount of lost organic material matter, once some has already been lost?

I'm only calling on you because I seem to remember you having the relevant quotes. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Esg likes this.
  7. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    He tries it with anybody he thinks might be more powerful, which is what the Emperor was looking for in the first place: somebody who would be more powerful than he was and could help him rule the universe. But Obi-Wan screwed that up by cutting off his arms and legs and burning him up. From then on, he wasn't as strong as the Emperor - he was like Darth Maul or Count Dooku. He wasn't what he was supposed to become. But the son could become that.

Life is breath. It's a powerful idea in Buddhism: Cutting off life is cutting off breath. The road to the Force is through the breath. Impotency is cutting off hands and legs and arms. That's a theme too.

- from "The Cult of Darth Vader", Rolling Stone

In the DVD commentaries, he seems mostly to be talking about Anakin's lost potential, but he does say that Vader lost power in another place. ( However, one may surmise that he uses these terms somewhat interchangeably. )

8. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Grievous' speeder would make a fun (and cheap!) LEGO model.

9. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    IIRC in "Dark Lord" Sidious implied that Vader needed to embrace the choices that he made, that his limitations were more mental than losing another arm and both lower legs while also being confined to life support. Much like Plagueis said, that Jedi were incapable of being true Sith because they would always have to justify their actions.

CT-867-5309 grievous is a fraction of his former physical self, whereas Vader was far more intact in simple terms of comparing bodymass. And I disagree about the lower body as well, Vader made note of how heavy his limbs were at first, that he almost had to use the force just to walk. One of the reasons he was so frustrated initially. It wasn't until he killed Roan Shryne that he mostly embraced what he had done... Grievous was so mechno enhanced that imo, his mind had very little to do with his body aside from battle tactics, strategy and maybe separating his arms n stuff. :p

10. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Must...Get...Lego...Model...

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    It's like a high-tech segway. [​IMG]

12. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I like how it looks like GG is sitting on nothing.

13. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I want one of those :D

ninjaofthenight801 likes this.
  14. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Awesome thing! Haven't Hasbro made this for one of the CIS figures already!?

I do too, they are awesome Grievous things but this will have to do for now. The wheelbike will come. I AM SURE!

15. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    No way.
    It's been a while since I watched but to my memory she charges him and instantly gets knocked out.
    She then flees, hides in that cargo hold or similar.
    Grievous finds her because of r4, stands on comlink, has that great shot of his face, she flees again.
    Then she overhears Grievous talking, then next scene thinks she's safe and Grievous grabs her neck.
    She got away because of an explosion, Grievous dominated her.

16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
  17. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    I hope I am too ;)

Order66Survivor and Darth Vader like this.
  18. Order66Survivor

Order66Survivor Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012

I always thought it was an awesome touch by GL that the wheel bike looks like it can only be operated by the General himself. The way he pressed the buttons with his fing-- parts, looked totally personalized. Grievous really is just a machine so it's two compatible machines.

then came BOGA

19. ninjaofthenight801

ninjaofthenight801 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 19, 2011
    I like to tell myself that Grievous wasn't running away from Kenobi in that wheelbike... he just was going back to his ship to pick up a few spare sabers to use. :p

20. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    True! I like to think so too. Grievous did leave his cape and his sabers got lost.
    I am kinda the "Glass is half full" kind of guy with Grievous...

21. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I hope he had some spare arms in there too. :p

22. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    What Lair of Grievous taught us is that Grievous is like a car - when something breaks, he changes it and he has all the parts on his property cause he is a special case.

I am shocked nobody has reference the supplies on Vassek in type of other media.

23. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I was about to ask what that was, but I'm assuming GG's lair? I wanna see GG replace an arm in the middle of a battle, to really throw his Jedi opponent off. :D

24. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
  25. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    That would be impressive. He would be like a lizard. I would love it if he kills a jedi with a broken leg that he shoves up the guy's stomach.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.