main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL* Hyperspace discussion thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by stinrab, Jun 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    I love to see such high praise for Hayden. For Ewan and Ian to say such great things is really something, and I'm always blown away by Nick declaration that Hayden's the best swordsman he's ever seen.

Interesting that George told Hayden to pull back during AOTC. I wonder if some people pick up on that resistance.

I quite liked how important George seemed to be making Padme in this. He equated her and Anakin's altruistic intentions with the bad side of him. That sounds perfect.

And funny that they pretty much gave absolutely nothing away, a few new things but nothing even remotely spoilery.

2. obi_wan_kanathan

obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2001
    *crickets*

Wow, this thread sure died.

The new AoV is somewhat interesting. It gives us a glimpse of some of the creatures on Utapau. It looks like the wildlife on the planet is very dinosaur-like.

And we're back to boring KVs with a somewhat interesting caption. It's a view of a landing pad Grievous and Obi-Wan fight on, and there's nothing exciting to see. But from the caption, it sounds like there will either be more then one fight between Grievous and Kenobi, or the fight takes place over a few different sets.

3. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I guess the thread died because now we just do new threads for each AOR or BTH or KV. (Maybe we need an acronym thread, too...)

The AOR was interesting, but I think a little out of place for star wars. Belongs in a dungeons and dragons movie or something.

The knollvision was typically dull. But the good news is that it wasn't too spoilerish.

4. da_muzzy

da_muzzy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 10, 2005
    Will anyone possible allow me to use their hyperspace real quick or somehow direct me to the Clone Wars episodes. I need them badly.

5. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    ah, knollvision. "Dull but not too spoilerish". It's like the best we can hope for![face_laugh]o_O

I liked the AOR. I have a feeling I'm really going to like Utapau.

6. Fobok

Fobok Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2001
    I've found the KVs almost as interesting as everything else in Hyperspace, except the webdocs. But then, I love behind-the-scenes stuff. Seeing views of the sets has been really interesting to me.

7. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Well RoF is getting interesting. I had to catch up several days... and I was pleased to see Anakin. I wonder if his going to encourage/discourage this Padawans desire for revenge...

8. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    I stopped reading that. It was giving away too much.

9. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I believe (although I can't tell for sure) that this is now taking place during ROTS.

I would *assume* that the webstrip will continue to focus on scenes/characters that aren't in the movie.

I.e., they'll keep up with the Aayla Secura timeline beyond the events we actually see in ROTS.

I seriously doubt that the whole "water poisoning" angle shows up in ROTS.

So maybe it would be good to go back and re-read the webstrip after we see the film a few times, just to find out what the off-screen characters are doing.[face_thinking]

10. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Well, some new updates.

I never noticed the Art of Revenge before, with the big cliff/slope of cooled lava. Looks alright.

New BTH today (ah, CIII) - fairly meh, IMHO. Yah, the Invisible Hand is on fire. But we got spoiled with the TV spots, so I won't complain.

Except about Knollvision 8-} Interesting set I suppose, just further evidence The Duel is going to rock.

11. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    I wonder if the AoR has anything to do with those comments we heard from way back about Anakin being "weak on a slope"?

Reversal of Fortune answers something I've been wondering about: how Stass Allie is on Coruscant at the beginning of ROTS, and on Saleucami in the scene described in that Set Diary. And for those following the EU, it looks like Quin survives long enough to leave Saleucami, which raises some questions as to what exactly will happen in Republic 77, the last chapter of the "Siege of Saleucami" arc.

12. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    Yeah, I remember those slope comments, and I'm thinking that slope might be the last time we ever see Anakin Skywalker. At least until ROTJ.

13. obi_wan_kanathan

May 10, 2001
    A new KV and BTH. And surprisenly, the KV may be as interesting as the BTH for once. :p

The BTH is just a picture of a Mustafar console screen. At first I thought that the two spheres on the right were the Death Star, but now I think it's just a picture of the planet with a circle pointing out something. Especially since the left part of the screen just gives information on volcanoes.

The KV is a view of the set that has the table with Darth Vader strapped to it. The monitor I'm using right now is crap, but I think you can see Palpatine in his robes, and possibly some other things near him, but it's too dark for me to see.

14. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Meh. The only exciting stuff on the OS for me now is the TV spots, that way at least i can see finished footage.

This stuff is all boring. Well, I'm overreacting again. 8-}

By the way, I'm SO glad they had that soundtrack preview, what a resounding success. 50 seconds of one track. Thanks.

15. obi_wan_kanathan

May 10, 2001
    I'm looking forward to the last Making of video that should come out soon. I'd be surprised if there wasn't any new movie footage in it.

16. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    Best Knollvision ever!!!!

17. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    A nice BTH to go out on! Nice pic of Grievous... can you believe that this is the last one (presumably)?

18. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    The RoF is very interesting again, as they are up to Order 66

19. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Yeah, that was cool: a tightbeam transmission from the Chancellor's office that had Confederacy encryption!:-B

20. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    So what do you think is next for Hyperspace? Will they keep trying to add new things to milk us for more money?

I'll probably cancel in a while. Though I'm not sure how I feel about the TV shows and the rumored prequel-prequel. Wonder if it will be worth it to keep the subscription for news on those things.

21. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I'm not renewing my membership.

I don't think they updated ANY of the SW site last night. Lamers.[face_mischief]

22. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    It was a holiday here in the states [face_flag]

23. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    It was updated tonight, but now it is pretty much like who cares what they have to offer. I'm certainly not renewing

24. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I can't remember when my subscription expires. I'd like to see the last few Webdocs....IF we ever get them.

25. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    Your wish has been answered...'Becoming Sidious' is now available on Hyperspace!

Hey, it's a good one. Probably my favorite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.