main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary *OFFICIAL* Maryland ROTS Midnight Screening Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mogook, Apr 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I was going to hold off until all theatres were selling tickets, but many of them have already started.

Because the members here will be attending different theatres for their midnight screening, I think the best way to organize this is to handle each theatre in a seperate thread. This thread will be used to discuss general questions, and organizing a lineup at your local theatre.

Also, to make it organized, I'll post the threads for each theatre and make it official. For instance, there's already a Senator thread, but if and when they announce that they are getting ROTS, I will start an Official Senator ROTS thread. For now, we can use the existing thread to discuss any updates of their getting the movie. If they make an announcement about selling tickets, and I haven't yet posted an Official thread about it, please post the news here and I will start the thread.

So, to sum it up, we can use this thread for general information, to announce new theatres, and to propose lineups for new theatres. Once there is enough interest in a new theatre, I will start a new Official thread for that threatre.

2. RevaDurron

RevaDurron Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2005
    This sounds really great Mogook. Would it be possible for you to make a list of some sort as well. You know to inform everyone clearly and in an easy way of which thearters will be selling tickets and when?

It just an idea and I don't know if it's already been done or not, or if that was even your idea with all the treads but a main list would be nice in my mind.

3. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    TF.N has posted an article listing the theatres with digital projection and those selling tickets.

TF.N's article provides links to the various theatre companies (AMC, Regal, Muvico, etc.) and links to online ticket sellers (Fandango, MovieTickets.com, etc.).

4. KnightThomas

KnightThomas Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2004
    Unfortunately I'm going to have to be catching it in South Carolina. The family is renting a huge beach house and we're all staying in it for my cousin's graduation from med school. But we should deffinately get more than one showing together!

5. Jedi_Insurance_Guy

Jedi_Insurance_Guy Jedi Master star 5

Jul 27, 2004
    Does anyone know how to find out where the closest digital theater is to me? I live in Havre de Grace.

6. Harth_Cabal

Harth_Cabal Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2004
    TFN's digital theater list (which Mogook was kind enough to include here - see above) now states:

"We believe we've pretty much listed all of the theaters in the US that have a digital screen. We now need you to contact your local digital theater, find out if they're getting a digital version of 'Revenge of the Sith' and when tickets will go on sale, and then contact us so we can update these pages."

If that's the case, it appears that the closest is:

* Crown Mall 11 - (Annapolis, MD; 60 mile drive according to maps.google.com)
    1020 Annapolis Mall, Annapolis, MD 21401 (410-224-1145)

PA only has one listed waaay over in Hanover.
    Jersey has three, but closest appears to be 142 mi. from you (again, according to Google)!

DLP.com's seach seems to concur. Anyone know if Texas Instruments is "The" DLP theater solution?

Surprised to see there isn't one in Philly.

7. Jedi_Insurance_Guy

Jul 27, 2004
    Thanks! I feel like an idiot for not noticing that post earlier.

8. Harth_Cabal

May 27, 2004
    For those interested, Crown XI (Annapolis Mall) is now selling tickets via Fandango.

Good news: It is listed as DLP (they'd have to be crazy not to) and matinee prices are $6 ($9 starting with 7 P.M. show)+$1 for using Fandango.

Bad news for midnight show hopefuls: There does not appear to be a midnight show! Their 1st show listed on the page is at 12 P.m. (NOON) on 5/19!

I tried using Fandango's search, but the only way I got Crown to show it's Ep III offerings was to follow the trail from their site. So, here it is:

1) From their site

2), click either:
    * Showtimes & Tickets
    or
    * EpIII Ad
    It will open a new window with an advisement about arriving 1/2 hr before the show starts, but will eventually (automatically) switch over to Fandango's page for Crown.

3) Scroll all the way down the page. The advance sales for Ep III is all in blue.

4) **Click the "Thursday, May 19, 2005" link**
    If you click the EpIII title link instead the resulting page will not list Crown!

9. Ca-Bal_Sirrah

Ca-Bal_Sirrah Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2002
    On an odd note, the local German multiplex will have EpIII in English. My former coworker showed me his ticket stub today. The interesting thing, the show is for 8PM (CET) on WED. the 18th. Smell like a violation to you. The Germans may be pissed that the French get it on the 18th.
    I just want some good news (all around) from The Senator.

10. Knight1977

Knight1977 Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2005
    Hi, I'm new to the forums, but wanted to update eveyone on the midnight showing at Crown 11. There is a midnight showing at Crown 11! The Fandago website had the midnight showing listed for Thursday May 19 at 12:01 am yesterday. It was strangely listed after the 10:10 showing for Thursday. If I remember right, this is how the midnight show for AOTC was listed when I bought tickets. I bought my tickets for this show yesterday around 3:30 pm and by the time I checked again, around 9 pm, the showing was removed. I guess it was sold out. I picked up my tickets today at the ticket kiosk in the mall, and asked the employee if these were for the midnight showing, he said yes they were for the Wed/early Thursday show. Anyone interested should go by the box office or use the Fandago phone number to try and get tickets. Hope this helps.

Update: I just remembered calling the number for Crown 11 yesterday and the message stated tickets were on sale for the Midnight showing and from the 19th till the 26th. But the only days listed on the Fandango website were for the 19th. Maybe more tickets are available this way? I'll let everyone know if I find more out.

Update #2: Called the Crown 11 phone number, 410-224-1145,the message for show times lists ROTS tickets now on sale for Wed May 18th (12:01 show)and regular times through May 26th. I called 1-800-FANDANGO number doesn't list any times for ROTS at Crown 11 (use theater express code 2301 to get there). It looks like the best bet for Midnight tickets is the box office in the mall, if tickets they are still available. Good Luck everyone!

11. Harth_Cabal

May 27, 2004
    Sirrah: Ohh, dear. Hey, is this the same guy that paid you $100 to shave your head? ;)

Knight1977: Welcome! And great follow-up work! :D
    Personally, I'm still holding out for Senator, but when I saw that no one had yet mentioned what was going on with Crown's Fandango page I thought I'd chime in a heads-up. Glad you were able to fill in the missing pieces!

12. Knight1977

Knight1977 Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2005
    Happy to help. Hopefully, anyone who wanted to go to Crown at midnight got their tickets, or still can. When I bought then yesterday, I was confused at the whole situation, until I saw the Crown webpage ad links listing 12:01 Thursday as their midnight showings. I don't know why some theaters list 12:01 as a Wednesday showing when in reality it's officially Thursday. Oh Well. Good luck at the Senator Harth_Cabal. I can't see them not getting ROTS.

13. Ca-Bal_Sirrah

Ca-Bal_Sirrah Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2002
    No, different guy, he was a co-worker at the Powerzone in the PX. I wonder if the showtime is a mercy to the soldiers and regular civilians who couldn't pull a midnight show? ANother former PX worker heard the tix went on sale on the radio and did a uturn toward the cineplex.

To give you an idea how fun this place can be, here is the drink menu for Oskar's, the resteraunt in the theatre.
    http://www.cineworld-main.de/oskars/speisegetraenkekarte/50837595920fa5a6d/index.html

14. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000
    I have a ticket for the 12:01am showing at the Egyptian Muvico theaters at Arundel Mills Mall.

However, I'm not opposed to buying tickets for showing somewhere else that's more agreeable. Just glad I've got one just in case...

15. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Motterman, if you would like to see the movie somewhere else, try getting 12:01 tickets for Crown Theatres in Annapolis Mall. They offer DLP.

But if you decide to stick with Muvico and other people express interest in attending the midnight screening there too, I'll gladly start an official Muvico midnight thread so all of you can discuss your plans and organize.

16. Jedi_Insurance_Guy

Jul 27, 2004
    Anyone else going to see RotS at the Bel Air theater's midnight showing?

17. oysteinsevag

oysteinsevag Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2005
    I would Like to go and See ROTS, in DLP projection, But that means going to ANnapolis or Gaithersburg. If i can find someone to drive with me to Annapolis i will be more than HAPPY to go to Crown for the Midnight showing.

I am in the Columbia/Laurel area so if anyone is looking to go to Crown Theaters in Annapolis for the midnight show let me know, otherwise i will probably end up at the Loews in Gaithersburg.

~R

18. LadyVaderX

LadyVaderX Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2004
    Eventhough I only live 2 red lights from the Annapolis theatre I'm going to Muvico Egyptian for the midnight show . . . my friend is paying for the tickets & since it's on his dime I can't really complain . . . that & I'll be so tired from just getting off of work things may be a bit fuzzy anyhow!

I'm taking the 19th & 20th off of wotk so I'll be sure to see it again in DLP.

So if anyone else is going holla at me!

19. Motterman

Dec 22, 2000
    The Lowes Rio Theaters in Gaithersburg just told me that they haven't been confirmed to get a DLP print of Star Wars yet, so I've held off getting any tickets for a weekend showing there at this point.

Still on for Muvico Egyptian for the midnight showing...

20. JayPetey

JayPetey Jedi Master

Oct 31, 2003
    I have my tickets for the Reagle in abingdon.

21. kasjedi

kasjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2002
    Bought tickets today on Fandango for the midnight showing at Regal (UA) Snowden River in Columbia, MD for the midnight show. It's a nice theater. I'm sure they'll put that in #7 - their largest room. In Columbia, right now it doesn't look like the AMC theater by the mall is getting the movie - they have slightly better sound so I might switch if they get it.

I'm gonna swing by the Annapolis mall this weekend and pick up tickets in the DLP theather for later on Thursday - last time the DLP theater was sold out for days before the movie opened.

22. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I'm also going to try and get tickets for a later DLP showing at Annapolis. I'm going to the 12:01am one but I'm also gonna try and go to the 7pm showing. But the DLP tickets may already be sold out.

23. Motterman

Dec 22, 2000
    Well, I changed my plans. I just got a ticket to the 12:01am at Lowes Rio 18 in Gaithersburg on Fandango.

I did this because:

a) While not confirmed, there's a good chance they'll have a DLP of Ep III, while I'm pretty confident that the Egyptian will not...

b) It's 20 minutes from my house, not an hour like the Egyptian is...

24. DivineJedi

DivineJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 5, 2005
    I bought my tickets about 2 weeks ago for the showing at the Regal Cinemas Bowie Crossing Stadium 14 (whew! long name, as we just call it "the theatre in Bowie"). Anyone else going there?

25. C_3PO

C_3PO Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2001
    Are there any tickets left for the 12:01 showing ANYWHERE in MD??? Info please!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.