main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official **NON-SPOILERS** AOTC music discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Sithman, Aug 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emperor_Dan

Emperor_Dan Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 1999
    It says in the LA Times that Williams was scoring the CREDITS... yes! That hopefully means something like the ESB credits!

2. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    I know, thank goodness. No more TPM junk.

Unfortunately, George can still edit it all to heck and make it just like TPM's credits. :-\

3. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I was under the impression that the End Titles for TPM were exactly what Williams wanted for them.

4. yodaman

yodaman Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 26, 1999
    Yeah, how is Lucas supposed to re-edit the ending credits?

5. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Really? They're just concert suites of DOTF and Anakin's theme! No variation/blending themes together type thing like in all the previous SW movies!

I dunno, I hope the AOTC credits is more the the OT credits.

6. yodaman

yodaman Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 26, 1999
    Well usually the ending credits are just a medley, so to speak, of the themes in the films, sort of a suite in itself. I don't see how any changes in the could affect the ending credits. I would assume Williams chose to use only two songs for the medley.

7. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Yes, but what Sithy wants to say, is that TPM credits weren't one consistent music piece. They were put together from three separate pieces of music (the "ending credits Rebel fanfare and the main theme", Duel of the Fates concert suite, and Anakin's theme concert suite). OT credits were different, because they featured the music themes, but not the exact concert suites, but flowing, blended themes incorporated into the whole thing. ;)

8. Darth_Potter

Darth_Potter Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2001
    well, what do u think the two concert themes that will be used for the AOTC credits will be?

9. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Bingo, Mar! Exactly, that's what I was trying to say.

Oh and Potter, it doesn't have to be two. Yes, TPM, ANH, and ROTJ used two themes, but TESB used three (Yoda's, Imperial, Han & Leia, respectively).

I mean, TPM could have used *four*, and I wish it would have: Qui-Gon's, Jar Jar's, Anakin's, and DOTF (in that order).

And he only used TWO themes that had essentially "dead music" in between them (just one note help between the fanfare, DOTF and Ani's Theme).

*sigh* that was the weakest point of the TPM score... and the credits music is usually my favorite part in the SW soundtracks too! :_|

10. Emperor_Dan

Aug 21, 1999
    Well.. let's say three pieces. I'm hoping for Someone New's Theme (Jango? Dooku?), then some Battle Music (Asteroid Chase? Arena Battle?) then Ani/Padme Love theme.

11. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Yah, sounds good.

I want the Asteroid Chase to sound something like the Asteroid Field and Fight With the TIE Fighters (from ROTJ space battle).

Yummmmm...

12. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    An expanded version of the Fett motif,probably a more dramatic version for the battle in the rain.God I can't wait till April 30th to hear the soundtrack!

13. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Oh yes. I hope that the Fetts will have their motif developed into a full theme, full of rythm, action music. [face_devil] ;) And as for credits... definitely Anakin/Padme love theme ( [face_love] ), the Jango theme, and maybe Obi-Wan's theme (if he gets one, that is). Or maybe even better Anakin's theme - just to see how it changed from the innocent piece we know from TPM and more towards the Vader's theme. Yes, I think it should be Anakin's theme and not Obi-Wan's. Or maybe both. Whatever. :p

Hey, wouldn't it be cool if all PT credits featured Anakin's theme? Just to see the continuity how it changed. Would be cool, huh? :D

And Sithy, you're right, there were two completely silent points... :mad: :_| I still hope that when the PT SE comes out, Williams will score the credits again - in the fashion we love from the OT. :D

14. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I too am hoping for a more traditional End Credits for Episode II. I am thinking a Clonetrooper theme, the Ani/Padme Love theme and perhaps another action-ish theme.

15. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Yah, the clonetrooper theme should closely resemble the Stormtrooper motif and Boba's Motif.

16. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Actually, the Clonetrooper theme could be a different version of the Stormtrooper motif. Boba Fett motif should stay in the family... ;) Just make it a more action-like so it will suite Jango. :D

17. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Well, the Stormie and Boba Fett theme already have their similarities. They are both (usually) played on a bassoon or low instrument. And they are motifs, not full themes.

Plus, it seems as if Jango is like a commander of or somehow related to the clones (judging by the similar armor and face mask), so I think- OoooooOOOOOOOOoooo! Genius moment! ( :D ;) ) Perhaps we shouldn't have separate themes for clones and Jango! Perhaps they should have one same theme (which would be very like the Stormie Motif) and then when Boba becomes more prevalent in EpIII (I assume) he can get HIS theme back.

18. Emperor_Dan

Aug 21, 1999
    Yeah, considering that one shot in the Breathing trailer of all the kids... they look like Boba Fett...

19. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Sithy, that's what I was saying... ;)

Clones - Stormtrooper motif (different, but similar)
    the Fetts - Boba Fett motif (changed a little to make it more action-music-like).

;)

20. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Fine, Mar gets a genius moment too. :p

21. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Hehe, thanks Sithy. :D

22. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    Do you guys think AOTC should have the SW theme fanfare at the end (like all of the OT) or a more sombre cue like the end of TPM?

23. pianoman02045

pianoman02045 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2001
    I thought that they all ended with the SW theme???? don't they?

24. pianoman02045

pianoman02045 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2001
    I thought that they all ended with the Star Wars Theme. Don't they?

25. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    The beginning of the end titles for all 4 completed Star Wars films is the same. They all begin with the main Star Wars theme. I believe what DarthHomer is asking is will the end titles for AOTC END with the Star Wars theme like the classic trilogy films DO and TPM does NOT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.