main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OFFICIAL~SMALLVILLE Discussion thread. (Spoilers Galore)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by JediPriestess, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I was right.

2. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    [image=http://nerdsoftheroundtable.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/smallville-superboy.jpg]

3. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    HOLY CRAP.

You were right yodaminch, I concede to your superior prophetic mind.

4. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Unbelievable...

That's two shows with Connor on TV!

5. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Not the perfect pick for actor to play the typical Connor, but definitely a good choice in the Smallville universe.

6. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    He's definitely a very goober looking version of Connor...

7. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Well Dessad was great. Oliver is a Darkseid sleeper agent. And next week we have 'The Hangover: Smallville'

8. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Oliver was predictable. But the rest of the episode was pretty good. I admit, I'm curious about next week's Hangover parody. It could be pretty funny if done well. :p

9. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    I don't get why the wouldn't have checked Oliver for the mark. I mean Clark found him wailing like crazy on Dessad, I figured he'd do a quick x-ray scan just to be safe, or Chloe would've done one.

10. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    Last night had shades of "Date Night" with Steve Carrell and Tina Fey. In fact, I've noticed several riffs off of familiar stories this season. The Hangover parody next week being one of the most overt.

11. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Well, we now know that both Bruce and Diana exist in this universe. Very nice way to acknowledge them but not step on any toes/plans/whatever by having to show them.

12. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Wait what?! When did that happen?! How?!

13. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Chloe had a line last night telling Clark he wasn't alone. In her travels, she's met other heroes like Clark.
    "A Billionaire with high tech toys and a Wonderous Woman who will throw you for a loop"

14. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    So that's it then. They are in the Smallville universe. I said if Smallville would just reference Batman I would forgive them for all their sins. So now all their mistakes and errors are overlooked, from now on Smallville will be remembered by me as the perfect DC show, I'm a man of my word. My task on this earth is complete now. Batman is in Smallville, Wonder Woman too. I can journey to the next world in peace now knowing this has come to pass...

Of course with Green Lantern, Thor, Captain America, Dark Knight Rises, Man of Steel, the Avengers, and all the rest of DC and Marvel movies to come out I won't be ready for that journey for quite some time. ;)

15. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    The Chloe line was a nice nod to all the fans who wanted to at least "hear" about Bruce and Diana. I, for one, was quite pleased.

16. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Okay now that was a GOOD episode. Pure season 1-4 nostalgia. Clark was Johnathan Kent, Tess a bit of Jor-El and Martha Kent, Lois was Lana. Connor was Clark. Lionel was Lionel. Really takes you back to the feel of the early Smallville, the whole red kryptonite ring thing with Connor and the fight with Clark was such a nice tribute to the Clark and Johnathan fight. Clark even used some of his fathers same lines.

And the ending. I half expected Michael Rosenbaum to appear behind Lionel after he said 'If only I could see you one more time' But Darseid showing up, with correct eye color, in full physical form. That was pure AWESOME.

Don't really know what's going on in the next episode. The coloring looks like the Anti-Matter universe. Johnathan Kent beats the crap out of Clark. Either it's back in the Anti-Matter universe or Clark is in some type of evil Darkseid induced dream.

Either way this whole season has proved to be one of the best ever. And we still have the Blue Beetle II, Blue Beetle III, and Booster Gold episode.

17. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    So now we have to wait over a month for more? Bah!

I hope the next episode opens on Lionel and Darkseid.

18. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    That would be the ultimate battle of words, each trying to join with the other to betray the other. Until Darseid Omega Beams Lionel out of existence.

19. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Well, S10 of Smallville sounds great so far. Though I haven't seen any episodes yet, I like the idea of having Darkseid and his minions as some of the villains in this season. Also, hopefully we will actually see Clark in the Superman suit in the very last episode, as has been rumored since last year - it would be a perfect way to end the series on a high note.

Though I'm dissapointed that the show is ending, back when I first started seeing this back in 2004 I had absolutely no idea that it would last as long as it has - truly amazing. Who would've thought that a network TV show about a young Superman would last 10 seasons?! The track record for most sci-fi/comic book inspired TV shows is generally very poor, irregardless of the quality of the show - so, to have this show last as long as it has is truly astonishing.

And, though I was very dissapointed in 2006's Superman Returns, at least I knew I could always come back to this show and the quality would be great.

Lastly, as a person who watches this show exclusively on DVD, I was bummed when I read a rumor that S10 of the show won't actually be available on DVD until probably November 2011; Usually these seasons end up being released on Disk in the August/September time-frame, but I guess the idea here is that since this is the last season they want to release it closer to the holidays to increase potential sales. Too bad, since it will tough to wait that long to see these episodes.

20. JediPriestess

JediPriestess Jedi Master star 4

Jul 28, 2004
    That's no rumor it is indeed coming out in November.

So Im curious, how many of you feel like in order for you to be satisfied with the final season of Smallville, HAVE to see Clark in the suit for more than just a few seconds?

I myself am good with never seeing him in it except for maybe a shirt rip at the very end revealing the suit.

21. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    I just want:

- Him to fly in a final battle
    - The battle to look good.

The suit I care less about.

22. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    To answer this question, I definitely want to see Clark in the complete suit for at least 2-3 seconds at the very end - it would be great to end the show this way, and very fitting.

If we don't see Clark in the suit at all I would be somewhat dissapointed.

23. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    I'd be fine if he doesn't wear it for the final battle and series climax, but I am still hoping for a Reeve-esque fly over the planet to close the series, which would be a good opportunity to wear the suit.

24. JediPriestess

JediPriestess Jedi Master star 4

Jul 28, 2004
    This returns Friday with the final 5 episodes ever. Man Im going to miss this show, its been a great 10 years. :_|

25. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    CW is certainly going crazy with the John Williams theme ads. They played one during each break it seemed.:p