main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~~Official Summer Celebrations thread~~

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Kit', May 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    True, Dev, I just have a billion relatives who haven't seen me since Christmas coming, 4 gorgeous bridesmaids, friends out of a photo shoot (how the heck did I end up with them, I'll never know!)

2. Bobbacca

Bobbacca Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2003
    Plus its probably a good idea not to drink something that can only be described as "this stuff" :p

3. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Lol, very true, Bobacca. I get to see my sister in 2 hours!!!!

4. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    Hey, This Stuff is an actual drink. It's a mixture of every drink I have back here. 'cept of course bad Vodka. I know about the hazzards and stress of a wedding. Try having the best man be in an accident the night before the wedding and him getting one hell of ah hurt neck.

5. Bobbacca

Bobbacca Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2003
    I serve food at weddings. :p

6. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000
    *waves*

Yay, made it! Belated Happy Birthday Kit, and Ish, all the best for your big day! :)

The weather in Edinburgh (Scotland to those not up on your geography) is actually not bad! We can go walking around in short sleeves! Not normally heard of, I know. Does this mean no sunshine for us later on in the year or that we're in for a fantastic summer?? Well, might as well enjoy it now, just in case! I've got the cold fans going in my room!

I can only stay and party with you for a week or two. After that I'm away touring the highlands of Scotland for a bit. (Like around the background scenery shown in the Harry Potter film.) Hmmm, I'm not far from Crieff, would the Moulin Rouge Ewan like a lift home to see his family when I eventually stumble out of the party? :p

7. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    You wanna drown? You can't stumble outta this party. This one's over ocean. :p Want a drink? German's are geniuses they just figured out that a car driving at 120 mph uses twice as much fuel as a car driving at 60mph!

8. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

Ahhh, but Dev, that's my plan!! Ewan to the rescue! Plus if he drives me I can drink! :p

How about putting on some music?? And I'll have a Drambuie while I'm up at the bar... [face_dancing]

9. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    I don't do the music, I just serve the drinks. And convince people that their problems will all go away with a little bit of liquid courage. If you get my meaning. Oh and your plan will never work. You got here to late.

10. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Speaking of Ewan, anyone have an idea where he is now on the great trek? I'm guessing he must be near Mongolia by now...

11. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    Any requests for any particular music, Calamity Jinn? :D

As for Ewan's location...no idea. But now I'm curious, so I'm going to search the Web, and if I find anything, you'll all be the first to know. :)

12. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    ::puts on her Jewel CD as she enters, bedraggled, exhausted, and still brushing rice off her clothes.:: I"m back and it doesn't feel like summer anymore!

13. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    *makes a pinakaladda* Here these always make it feel like summer. Oh and a margarita, and that reminds me. *puts in random Jimmy Buffet CD*

14. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Hmm, hello there. Striker takes Tenel Ka's hand and leads her to the pool

Now this is good. After the deep freeze of the New England winter, it's nice to have good weather...and hopefully the rain won't come. And now for some INXS.

15. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    INXS? Oh and you gotta have a drink.

16. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Mmmm, yeah, the new england weather was nice last week. I was in Boston for the honeymoon and it was such a relief to have mostly sunshine!

17. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    Bah, consider yourselves lucky, down 'ere we haven't gotten much good weather, storm after storm after storm.

18. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm in a light sweater and long pants, so the weather isn't THAT great, but it's certainly pleasant.

19. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    Still probably better than down here. At least I can escape with some good music.

20. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    I wish I could wear long pants and a light sweater. I'll be lucky if I can keep my clothing on! the weather in Florida is atrocious! During the day it can get from 90 to 100 degrees. At night, it is usually 80-85. It sucks here.

21. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    Where are you!? Man up here in NF we've been getting rain every day, and it's been in the eighties!

22. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    TahiriVeilaSolo69, can I trade places with you? :p I love hot weather! I live for the two months of the year when it's summer. I want to move to Tatooine, where the climate's B-E-A-U-tiful.... OK, enough babbling. I'll shut up now.

Congratulations on your marriage, DarthIshtar! :)

EDIT: What's NF stand for, Dev? :confused:

23. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    North Florida, sorry, force of habit. I'm used to typing UNF University of North Florida, so the NF just comes naturally.

24. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    If ya love hot weather, you should trade with me. I am in the oven city of Beijing right now and the normal high in the summer is like 40 degrees celsius.

25. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Hot weather wanted? Go to Palmdale, California and just spend a few hours in the stretches of desert between streets, probably by the shopping cart graveyard on 30th and P-11. Then you'll know the meaning of hot weather.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.