main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Official SWG Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by JonnyFlamehead, Jun 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gambler

Gambler Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2002
    Ok Axia...I will send it tomorrow..already logged for the night..

2. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    The other night the coolest thing happened. I had decided to bounce between cities on mission to raise my Imperial Faction points and money. I was on Naboo bouncing between Theed and Moenia when I step off the shuttle in Moenia to what sounds like a Godzilla movie. I round a corner to see a HUGE Faamba standing there, pinned against a building and being fired upon by at least 20-30 players.

Alrighty! I open fire immediately myself with my brand spanking new 77-127 damage dl-20a rifle. The Faamba eventually falls and I rake in MASSIVE xp.

That was fun, I think to myself and continue my missions. When finished I head back to the shuttleport to hear the roar of a Faamba being handed it's (ahem) again. I join in! It dies, shaking the ground with it's fall! I stick around this time. A couple of the players were taking turns going out and leading them back into town for everyone to shoot withing the confines of the city!

SWEET!!! IT"S FAAMBAFEST!!! I was going to go to bed early that night but that didnt happen as FAAMBAFEST lasted well past 1:00 am. I leveled in two skills that night thaks to Faambafest and I look forward to the next one.

3. JonnyFlamehead

JonnyFlamehead Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2002
    why didn't you tell me about this? I was on till 2:30am! What the heck? I was by myself on Tatooine Soloing Cu Pas, which look just like Taun-Tauns to me. I get lonesome out there, just me my gun, and my little camp...

I can't seem to do anymore faction destroy missions for some reason they keep giving me red cons and it's making it near impossible to complete any of them. Usually I've been able to kill red cons but now they are hitting me with some incredible damage... time for a weapon/armor upgrade! *hint Errid*

4. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    I was going to but I didnt think it would last so long. I figured it be over by the time anybody got there. Next time I will tell anyone on line!

5. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    I would love to be able to make you better weapons/armor. I'm trying to get to weaponsmith, but the last step is killing me. I got Engineering 4, but to get Novice Weaponsmith I need 21000 crafting xp. Thats a lot when the best thing I can craft, a bone armor chestplate, gives me 130xp. So I'm plugging away when I can and have 6000xp so far, I'm still working on it. But with the changes they just made to gathering resources, its going to take a whole lot longer. When trying to gather resources by hand, it took 10secs between each attempt to gather something and the most you could get is 10 at a time which is very rare. Well now its 25secs between each attempt. I thought that was bad, but then I found out that harvesters will no longer work unless at 100% repair. They decay per hour so we can no longer harvest resources while we're offline. We have to pay the fees to keep them running continually.

In other words, its gonna be a long time before I can make any of the good stuff and bone armor is the best I can do. I think Ekul was going to be an armorsmith, but I'm not sure how far along he is.

6. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    well POOP! is there anything I can do to help you out?

off subject: check out tuesday tips on www.starwarsgalaxies.statoin.sony.com

very helpfull tips...

Question: Is there any way to repair weapons/armor?? The rifle I use is down to about 20/1000 and I'm slowly loosing my armor. What am I supposed to do?

7. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    If you happen to run across huge amounts of money laying around somewhere, maybe I can pre pay the fees on them, otherwise you can just keep helping me do destroy missions cause I definitely can't do them solo. I'm only 51 points away from joining the Imps and thats kind of exciting. Does anyone know how many faction points it takes to get into the Emporer's Retreat?

8. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    I'll help you do missions, for sure. I have a lot of money that I would have no problem loaning you, because I know you're going to make me some l337 armor right!?!?!

how much are you needing right now?

9. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    I'm not sure if it works to prepay, I'll have to test it unless someone else knows. I will surely supply you with 733t weapons, but not really armor. All I can do is bone armor. I think Ekul is doing the armorsmith thing, is anyone else going for armorsmith? I'm also pushing up towards Bio-Engineer so I can create my own animals so if any of you are shooting for Creature Handler I'll hook you up there too.

10. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Emporer retreat doesnt work like that. First you need to be imperial, 200 faction points and have joined the empire.

Then you need to talk to the lady just inside the front door. She will give you a series of missions. About 6 and then she will give you permission to enter.

Youd think my 519 faction points would be enough, but NOOOOOOOO.

Btw, everyong work on getting imperial before the lan party so we can all do the same missions.

Gerson what level of Damage do your carbines do?

11. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    The best I've made is 26-50 with a 8% wound chance. With a powerup those numbers can go up to a 20% bonus. I'll gladly make a few for you to choose from.

12. Gambler

Gambler Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2002
    Sacul updates...

Well I have made to Imperial..(seems like forever) the others are getting close.

Alexander has made it to Weaponsmith....

The rest of us are striving to be Imperial by the weekend.

Myself...my character is whacked way out.. I have skills in some many things...I am not sure what my character is called...

I am a marksman (all pistol & Ranged Support)

I am a Scout (almost all Exploration and Survival)

I am an Artisian (all Engineer and Domestic II)

I am a Medic (novice..with probably chemist I (or whatever its called) and thats the story so far...

I plan to finish the Pistoleer tree, cross over to brawler (do unarmed section) then on to Smuggler (do the slicing section) and maybe novice Creature Handler... this will use all my points...until I begin to surrender the Artisian skills (as people pass me by) and maybe move them into some place else.. Long story short (too late) I have no idea what I am going to be.

13. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    I'm still striving to be a Bounty Hunter. Almost all of my Marksmen skills are complete but scout skills are another story, I can't seem to get enough scout XP. Mask Scent never works for me too. As soon as I push it some creature detects me right away no matter what, what a useless skill...

Trapping is taking forever to move up in!

14. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    does anyone know what water is for? I looted two containers off of some Rebel Generals but I can't drink them, so they must be some kind of resource. Does anyone have any use for it?

If not, what should I sell it on the bazaar for?

15. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    Water is used for medicine crafting. Only 2 of them will probably not be worth buying, I would just destroy them unless they are super high quality.

16. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    Well I went on the Tuskan Raider Fort raid. There were three full groups (60 people) and we made it probably 150 meters inside before EVERYONE got owned!!! That's right everyone died and it was the funniest thing ever, but still was way fun! Except I wasted 14000 credits on my item insurance. Well maybe I shouldn't say "wasted" becuase I got squashed by a BANTHA in there. If I didn't insure I'd have to run all the way back inside to get it, which would be near impossible. I took screenshots, not much to show since we didn't get that far. I can show them at the lan party if you want. But this place is HUGE!!! we traveled 150 meters inside and we were still underground!!

fun stuff...

17. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    hey Flamehead, could you email me those screens at dbrown@phs-corp.com ?

18. Aspiring_Master

Aspiring_Master Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2003
    Hey everybody....I'm Synn in the game. Just letting everybody know that im not leaving the game, but im just gonna be gone for 3 to 4 weeks.

I'm teaching 13 year olds how to fly :)

I'll be back and play non-stop all day and all night till august 25th. I'm getting back August 5th.

19. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Star Wars Galaxies commands list

Advanced Commands
    Here is a list of most of the commands for advanced users. You can bring up a complete list of special commands in game by typing "//". Note, many commands need a target, for example /invite Holocron.

/afk - sets you character to "Away from keyboard" so others know you are not currently available.
    /afkmessage - displays (or changes if you add text after) the messages that will appear to others when you are in the AFK state.
    /afktime - displays (or changes if you add number after) how long before you automatically go to AFK state when not interacting with game.
    /alarmclock (minutes) (message) - The text message will display for you after the selected time passed. Example, "/alarmclock 60 Walk the dog" will remind you to walk your dog in an hour
    /anon - set your character to anonymous for the purpose of searches.
    /bandleader - transfers Band Leader status to indicated player.
    /burstrun - activates burst run
    /camp - sets up a campsite (require Novice Scout)
    /consent - Allows targeted player to use the /corpse command on your corpse
    /corpse - Moves your corpse to you if you are within 20 meters
    /decline - used to turn down an invitation to join a group
    /disband - (group leader only) disbands current target or entire group if no target is named
    /emote - displays whatever text you follow it with as an action of your character. For example, if your name is Laine and you type "/emote loves Tatooine." then "Laine loves Tatooine." will be seen by everyone in your area.
    /flourish - plays indicated musical or dance flourish. For example, /flourish 4
    /follow - autofollows your target. Use /stopfollow to cease following
    /group autoloot - displays status of autoloot (group leader can toggle this by adding on or off to end of command)
    /group autoloot credits - displays status of autoloot of credits (group leader can toggle this by adding on or off to end of command)
    /group autoloot items - displays status of autoloot of items (group leader can toggle this by adding on or off to end of command)
    /group autosplit - displays status of autosplit (group leader can toggle this by adding on or off to end of command)
    /group info - displays names of group members, current options, etc.
    /group leader - displays group leader's full name
    /group menu - (group leader only) displays a menu for toggling options on and off
    /group notify - displays status of each notify option (group leader can toggle this by adding on or off to end of command)
    /group notify credits - (group leader can toggle this by adding on or off to end of command)
    /group notify death - (group leader can toggle this by adding on or off to end of command)
    /group notify harvest - (group leader can toggle this by adding on or off to end of command)
    /group notify incapacitation - (group leader can toggle this by adding on or off to end of command)
    /group notify items - (group leader can toggle this by adding on or off to end of command)
    /group options - (group leader only) displays a menu for toggling options on and off
    /groupsay - sends message to group channel
    /gsay - sends message to group channel
    /gtell - sends message to group channel
    /healdamage - (skill required) heals damage on your target or yourself if no target selected
    /healwound - (skill required) displays list of wounds you can heal on your target or yourself if no target selected
    /helper - set your character to "Newbie Helper" for the purpose of searches.
    /invite - invites target player into your group (only group leaders can invite additional people into an existing group)
    /join - joins group or band if you have been invited
    /kneel - changes stance to kneeling
    /lfg - sets your character to "Looking for group" for purpose of searches.
    /listen - actively listens to target musician
    /logout - logs your character off the server. You should be in a hotel, house or campsite for a safe logout, otherwise your character will be at the mercy of the wor

20. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Axia, you get the official Twin Suns Syndicate award for having the longest post ever, that was meaningful and not just an attempt to have a long post!

Congrats!!!

21. Inaen

Inaen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    Hey I have galaxies!!!!!

I still zoom zoom, but I want to meet you guys
    Im in Mos eisley (sp?)
    my name is Inaen Combs

22. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    sweet Inean! Welcome to our addiction!!

We'll hook you up tomorrow night.

23. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    Gerson, how much bone and hide do you need to make body armor? I have a lot and need a replacement chest peice. Something that has more than 25% resistance maybe???

24. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    I hit novice dancer and leveled two more time in entertainment healing so if any of you need healing for battle fatigue look me up.

I also set a new record for a tip last night...ready for this? 5k from one person!

25. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    5k???? wow he was in love =D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.