main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Padme cried and told Palpatine and Dooku that they were breaking her heart and she would lose the will to live if they didn't make the peace now. They put their weapons down immediately.

ROTS is henceforth known as Legends: The Visions of That Other Guy Named Palpatine.

2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Thanks Dave

Tbh Anakinfan, she probably gave a speech. They're pretty lethal.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  3. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    There is no direct quote or official source and the author cannot spell Dathomir, so until I get one or both of those things I don't have a reason to believe he really said that. If he did, that has to be the dumbest thing he's ever said, even way worse than saying Han couldn't understand Chewie in the OT. My guess would be Filoni gave a longer explanation of what Padme was doing in this arc, and that is simply how the author of this blog chose to characterize it.

4. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    I remember Filoni saying something about Lucas rejecting a finale arc involving Padmé and a peace agreement that would then be nullified by the Separatists' attack on Coruscant. No clue where he said that, though.

5. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    He said this in Celebration Europe II last summer: http://intothegarbagechute.blogspot.com/2013/08/celebration-europe-ii-secrets-of-clone.html

Specifically, this passage:
    So no, while Padmé was trying to negotiate a peace between the two factions, it didn't come to pass. In fact, I personally thought the whole "physical challenges" part to sign a treaty and end the war that way was quite frankly ludicrous. But it's simply one story idea that was ultimately rejected by GL.

This was brought up last year in the Bonus Content Thread, as I recall...a good memory of past posts and the "Search" function is very helpful here!

6. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    That sounds incredibly stupid. Even moreso than I remembered.

Trebor Sabreon and Theo333 like this.
  7. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    But still not nearly as stupid as saying Padme ended the Clone Wars.

Theo333 likes this.
  8. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    The absence of the Tartakovsky 'Clone Wars' series on the official website is more confirmation that ILM/Disney does not consider it as canon.

http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  9. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    My goodness they're doing an even better job of covering that series's existence up than they ever did with the Holiday Special!

10. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013

Wow... that's not too good. I don't get what making Padme undergo a series of physical challenges has to do with a treaty to end the War.

"If you can complete this obstacle course, Senator Amidala, we will end the War."

I'm glad Lucas had enough sense to reject that idea. If we ever do see the Battle of Courscant arc get completed, hopefully they come up with a good start to it, something better than Padme doing physical challenges.

11. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    This Padme/ROTS tie-in is one of many abandoned concepts. I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about it as it never made it out of the story conference. There are 12-15 actual story arcs that were actually in development ranging from art all the way to animation and voice recording, but this was not one of them. There was a more action-oriented Padme arc which featured her on a new speeder bike that you'll see Dave's sketch for on the site mentioned earlier.

As others mentioned previously, that site has assumptions as far as the S8 series finale for TCW would have been. We don't know what it would be about or how many episodes it would be. It would not be this Padme story arc since that one was abandoned. All we know is that Brent Friedman said on a podcast that they did write it and that it generated a ton of discussion and debate in the story conference. FYI, the rest of the info on that site is mostly accurate i believe.

hlc88 likes this.
  12. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Here's your Double Dare host, Mark Summers!

Mark Summers: Welcome to Double Dare, this is the show where we run through a crazy obstacle course and in process decide the outcome of the Clone Wars. Let's say hello to our two teams, on our right, The Goody Two Shoes, Padme Amidala and Ahsoka Tano! Now, Ahsoka wants to do something very special when she grows up, why don't you tell them, Ahsoka.

Ahsoka: I want to be a Jedi Knight!

Mark Summers: Isn't that cute? And Padme, I've heard you have a thing for bad boys, is that right?

Padme: Who told you?

Mark Summers: Oh ho ho someone's in trouble! But let's say hello to a team that calls themselves The Legitimate Businessmen, Nute Gunray and San Hill! San there's a rumor going around that you're actually Hego Damask, is that true?

San Hill: What a ridiculous theory.

Mark Summers: Alright, Nute is says here that you love hats, what kind of hats do you love?

Nute Gunray: Big hats! Hats that make me look taller! Hats that look like crowns! Hats...

Mark Summers: Okay let's talk about the game, you both start with no money...

Nute: What? That's impossible!
    San: I assure you we have lots of money.

Mark Summers: Yes, but Ahsoka is a Jedi, she has no money, and Padme is a goody goody politician that would never take bribes, so to be fair...

Nute: I'll pay whatever you want to give us a head start.

Mark Summers: I'm sorry but I'm a human replica droid and I don't value money. Back to the game, here's how it works: I'm gonna ask a question, if you don't know the answer, or think the other team hasn't got a clue, you can dare them to answer it for double the credits.

San: Double the credits?!

Mark Summers: Yes, but be careful, because they can always double dare you back for four times the amount, and then you'll have to either answer the question or take the physical challenge. Good luck to The Goody Two Shoes and The Legitimate Businessmen. We have a ten credit question for Padme and Ahsoka, what was the Jedi Exile's real name?

Padme: Uh, uh..
    Ahsoka: Dare!

San: Ooh, double the credits...

(Lott Dod walks on stage)

Lott Dod: I object! This is incredible! This is a question about Jedi and Ahsoka is a Jedi! This game is clearly biased against The Legitimate Businessmen, who might I add are honorable and completely legitimate! I recommend new, balanced questions be drawn up to ensure a fair game.

(Ask Aak shows up in a Senate pod)

Ask Aak: The Congress of Malastare agrees with the honorable delegate from the Trade Federation. New questions must be drawn up.

Mark Summers: The point is conceded. Senator Amidala, will you defer...

Padme: I will not defer! We were asked a question, and Ahsoka dared them! If Double Dare is not capable of daring, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a vote of No Confidence in Mark Summers' leadership.

Crowd: Vote nao! Vote nao! Vote nao!

Mark Summers: We'll be right back after this commercial break.

Huyang: A new host has been chosen, a strong host. Now, back to the game, I believe you were dared, Legitimate Businessmen? What was The Jedi Exile's real name?

Nute: But it's a Jedi question!

Huyang: I'll allow it. You've been dared.

Nute: Fine! We double dare!
    San: No, no, that would give them four times the...

Huyang: Goody Two Shoes, you've been double dared, what was The Jedi Exile's real name? Or you can take the physical challenge.

Padme: We'll take the physical challenge.

Huyang: Very well, for some reason this physical challenge will decide the Clone Wars.

The Legitimate Businessmen: We agree, if Padme completes the physical challenge we will sign a treaty to end the war.

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I love you.

14. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    Can somebody print that out and slip it to Dave during the next convention? Maybe read it at the Q&A session and ask if that's what they had had in mind?

15. gracesonnet

gracesonnet Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2014
    Okay, so I read Jedi Master Di's last name as "Dee" in the Netflix blurb. But according to the episode voiceover guy/Admiral Yularen, it's pronounced "Die."

Oh, show. Clever, clever show.

Revanfan1 and Iron_lord like this.
  16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  17. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Phew. Thank you, George.

No, really, thank you, George! I would've puked buckets. This is why I honestly prefer Genndy and Luceno over Filoni's cringeworthy ideas. That's not how you prelude ROTS....

fett 4 and gracesonnet like this.
  18. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Same exact thing happened to me. I was also pretty depressed by it! Unfortunately, although General Grievous was definitely a big step down from what had previously been Star Wars' much higher on-screen name standards, The Clone Wars manages to create a series of all-new lows for the franchise in the absolutely terrible name department. Even my favorite TCW original character Savage Opress has such an embarrassingly bad name I cringe a little every time I have to say it out loud. And I don't think Avatar: The Last Airbender had any bad names, so it's really disappointing that Filoni wouldn't have more respect for SW rather than perhaps seeing General Grievous as an excuse to indulge. And now we have Agent Kallus coming in Rebels... I really hope the sequel trilogy doesn't have this problem.

19. gracesonnet

May 20, 2014
    Wow.

Sent from a device using Tapatalk

20. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    I blame that name for why Disney took one look at the EU and decided to ditch it.

gracesonnet likes this.
  21. Big Fat'Lya

Big Fat'Lya Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2013
    At least Grievous has the excuse that that isn't his true name, and so sort of works for that - it's a name he now goes by in honour of his reputation as a brutal warrior. The Sith have a similar excuse. What excuse does, say, Whorm Loathsom have? I can't take a villain seriously when his actual, honest-to-the-Force name is 'Loathsome'.

22. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    Well he did like his tea. Like any good and honest gentlemen, he entertained Obi-Wan's request for a diplomatic dialogue. His only really "loathsome" shortcoming was when he lost his temper and overturned the tea-table. He really should get that anger-management situation under control. He had the potential to be a gracious gent otherwise.

23. gracesonnet

May 20, 2014
    Savage Oppress.
    Savage. Oppress.

Oh, and "savage" is not pronounced how you'd think it would be. No, everyone always puts this weird emphasis on the second syllable and it basically makes the whole thing sound really pretentious: "Sah-Vauge"*

Well, excuse me, Mr. Fancy Sith Guys with your fancy mechanical legs and exaggerated name pronunciations! You're clearly just too awesome for the Jedi to handle and that's why they keep trying to kill you.

*(I'm terrible at writing things out phonetically).

24. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    I can't remember which episode it was (maybe that one where the crooks couldn't figure out how to pronounce Savage's name), but someone pronounced his surname as "Op...ress" with a hesitation in the middle so it sounded like "Savage Operess." If TCW ever becomes a musical, we know Savage's stage name...

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I've got a visual in my head now of Savage and Maul on stage singing "We Are the Champions" by Queen.

(I think it might be time to make coffee...)