main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* Clone Wars Cartoon and Episode III

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by DarthSapient, Nov 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Count_Cuckoo

Count_Cuckoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    I heard that the Cartoons are to show the transition between chapters 2 & 3, and if thats the case then its highly relevant. This was announced when they said they were doing these cartoons, here and on other sites.

2. ObiJuanJabroni

ObiJuanJabroni Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 7, 2002
    i cant' wait to see Greivous. I am convinced that he's the guy in the middle in that sketch that was discovered a little bit ago. Even more so with the previews of Durge looking nothing like that! The Cartoons rock!

3. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    Yeah, well, poggles_lesser, this is probably not the thread for you, then. Seek another.

4. obi wan jabronie

obi wan jabronie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 1999
    I wondered how long it would take till someone commented that these cartoons are more "in the spirit of the OT"

Some of you PT bashers are just incredible.

5. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    The cartoons are wonderfully Star-Warsy and for three minutes each, they pack in an enormous amount!

Ch. 2 was even better than Ch. 1 , which was pretty darn good.

So far, I think the ARC troopers are the coolest! I wouldn't mind an entire live-action movie featuring them! :D I am waiting to see what happnes to the one targeted in yesterday's cliffie!

Nice to see how Sidious has been turning Anakin's head. Anakin seemed a trifle whiny in Ch. 2, and honestly I was glad when Obi-Wan somberly put him in his place.

"May the Force be with you, Commander."

6. bfettboba

bfettboba Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2001
    I have enjoyed what i have seen so far and the clone fighters are awsome, a nice little mixture of imperial shuttle and clone fighter show me more.

7. wstraka5

wstraka5 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2002
    From what I see, the CW cartoons are an excellent lead into Episode 3. I doubt that Lucas would have let Tartakovsky do what he is doing with out some sort of guidance as to what to do. As much as it is "EU", it does provide us with some feeling for what the Clone Wars might be like.

8. SWfan2002

SWfan2002 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    The way the action is put together in these cartoons is excellent, imho. It's fast, exciting, well-editted, and tense.

I just hope we get to see action like this in Episode III.

9. DuoDemon

DuoDemon Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    I can only hope the ARC troopers are like that in Ep. III.

Because in Ch. 3, they layed the smackdown.

10. Agent1432

Agent1432 Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2003
    Well, we've already seen Anakin's aqua colored lightsaber in chapter 1.The one from ANH.

11. Razorback

Razorback Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 2, 2001
    GL should take a few tips from these guys making the cartoon, the cartoon seems more in the spirit of the OT than the new movies.

What are you on? The cartoon seems to be more in the spirit of the PT than the OT. Care to lend your rose colored glasses to the rest of us? ;)

RB

12. Mousy_McCallum

Mousy_McCallum Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 5, 2003
    I gotta love having Quicktime Pro. I have downloaded the first two parts of the Clone War Series and I have taken the two parts and combined them into one file.

Don't need quicktime pro to download them. They're right in you temporary internet files folder after you watch them.

13. Force-Addict

Force-Addict Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2003
    #3 is so far the best...

14. JediMAQ

JediMAQ Jedi Master star 4

Oct 27, 2001
    [image=http://www.banjobook.com/CDimages/rosecd.jpg]

Would this help 8-}

15. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    Epi III, or chapter three, was fricking cool. Those ARC troopers pimp slapped the droids and sent them home crying.

16. Force-Addict

Force-Addict Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2003
    Oh yeh

These ARC guys are AWESOME

Edit: The tank part was funny

17. Mousy_McCallum

Mousy_McCallum Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Razorback, I must say that I disagree with your sig. I love the PT but I HATE the special editions with a passion.

18. darksithlordofboston

darksithlordofboston Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2003
    "I gotta love having Quicktime Pro. I have downloaded the first two parts of the Clone War Series and I have taken the two parts and combined them into one file. "

"Don't need quicktime pro to download them. They're right in you temporary internet files folder after you watch them. "

What type of file is the cartoon...I cant find it on my hard as a temp file. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

19. _across-the-stars_

_across-the-stars_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2003
    Yay, I finally watched the 'toons. :D

Padme was a bit... um... lacking in Padme-ness. Although, to be fair, there's not much to do with her here.

What I found very interesting was that individual Jedi were dropped into huge clusters of Super Battle Droids and took them on with relative ease, whereas in AOTC, two hundred Jedi were obviously losing to the several hundred Super Battle Droids.

Also, the way the clones run is funny, but it's a cartoon.

I did like the conflict between Palpatine and Obi-Wan and Yoda.

Okay, I'll shut up now. ;)

~ats~

20. darthgetalife

darthgetalife Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2002
    What type of file is the cartoon...I cant find it on my hard as a temp file. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    it's in the cache so it's not recognized as qt file.
    After seeing the clip, check your internet cache/temporary file folder for the newest and biggest file there ( it's about 37 MB ).
    Drag it to the desktop and rename it ( with the .mov extension ) so the file can be read by quicktime .

21. JangoMike

JangoMike Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    I cant find the Temp file.

22. daedalusdoom

daedalusdoom Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2003
    The ARC troopers rock, the hand signals are great, and I'm currently very psyched about this cartoon run.

And to think, ifI was still a kid, it would be ten times cooler.

wow.

23. R2D2-PENA

R2D2-PENA Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2001
    I wondered how long it would take till someone commented that these cartoons are more "in the spirit of the OT"

Some of you PT bashers are just incredible.

I am not a basher, i actually love the PT movies alot, i think they are good, but not great. You can classify me as more of a gusher, but not a basher.

24. PessemistPanaka

PessemistPanaka Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 21, 2003
    I know Geonosis won't be in Episode 3, but in Chapter 2 of the Clone Wars series, there are conical ships in orbit around Munnilinst that have Geonosian starfighters pouring out of them and attcking the Republic forces.

Even though they didn't seem to scramble their fighters for the Battle of Geonosis, do you think we'll see the Geonosians take an active part in the battles of the Clone Wars circa Episode 3?

25. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    Yeah, the ARCs rule the series thus far. I loved how the ARC trooper climbed the back of the tank, leapt into the air and shot the top of the tank while in midair. That was just neat animation.

Don't mess with the ARCs...they'll take you down!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.