main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* Fan Trailer Screening Room 2.0

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by green-boy, Jan 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Fighter_Pilot

Jedi_Fighter_Pilot Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2004
    Ahhh...dial up...dark times indeed

Yes, I hate it with a passion. I hope to be upgrading soon though.

2. KardarlSantesce

KardarlSantesce Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2004
    did you get it yet?

3. KardarlSantesce

Nov 9, 2004
  4. Robnhud

Robnhud Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 24, 2002
    GREAT JOB Kar!!!!!

God be with you!

5. Jedihillis

Jedihillis Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2003
    I don't normally visit this thread, but, with the little bit i've seen of Pixelmagics work, i'm really jazzed about what can be done on the home computer.

6. KardarlSantesce

Nov 9, 2004
    Yes, Brad and Pixel's abilities are amazing.=D=

7. darth_grievous1

darth_grievous1 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2004
    Holy crap Pixel! I almost died

8. Dark-Vador1138

Dark-Vador1138 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    Hey Pixel, Can you re-post the NASA cloud map please? Thanks! :D

9. Red-2

Red-2 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2004
    Pixel that was not funny

ok it was a little funny

Guys i am having some SERIOUS problems ripping dvd duel footage, help would be awesome pm me if you know anything

nice job KAR

10. TylerDurden0

TylerDurden0 Jedi Youngling

Sep 1, 2004
    Kardarl,

Excellent trailer. I'm calling it, right now. Best trailer of 2005! The lightning shots really looked great. I liked seeing that little shorts stain, Yoda, getting doubled over from a shot of juice. Very nicely edited with some shots not previously seen in any other trailers I have seen. I am dying to see Anakin's first force choke scene. Maybe I should move my ass on that right away. If only my incompetent fingers had the requisite skills to make it a reality.

Ah, and with every compliment, comes a bit of constructive criticism. Honestly, the only changes I would have made would be to make it widescreen and to change the "Next May" graphic title; seeing as how the trailer was released in 2005.

However, I understand you are departing for the mid-east and such petty flaws are meaningless compared to what you are about to confront. Best of luck, brother and you have my best wishes for a speedy and safe return, ... so you can fix the trailer. Just kidding. All the best. Semper Fidelis

11. Jedi_Fighter_Pilot

Jedi_Fighter_Pilot Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2004
    KardarlSantesce, I love your trailer. The parts I liked most were the pieces from the video game trailer. I also liked those spoiler pictures that were put in there. Great job.

12. screamster

screamster Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2004
    Just saw pixelmagic duel segment. Dude.... Where is the rest of that trailer????? AWESOME WORK!

13. Red-2

Red-2 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2004
    Im tryng to peice together all the clips, but my duel footage i decided to do again. I ripped a VFO file from my Star wars Bonus disc. As i searched through the VFO file in the only program it would play in, POWER DVD, i brought it into a video converter program, on the VFO file it has three of the videos that are on the DVD, some kind of making of, the return of darth vader <what i want, and the making of the Video game with Nick.

I converted the VFO to an AVI file, and all i got was the 1rst "making of" documentary.

how the heck do i get those other two?

14. gizmo_jp

gizmo_jp Jedi Youngling

Dec 31, 2004
    Just watched KardarlSantesce's trailer. Well Done. I thought that was one of the best trailers yet. I'm enjoying all ur work, and just wanted to say congrats on your trailers, i've been following the thread since bout page 50, and come here regularly to catch up on progress. Looking forward to Pixel's Trailer especially. Thanks anyway for keeping me entertained.

15. the_final_sithlord

the_final_sithlord Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2004
    well great trailer kardarl and may god and the force be with you in iraq.
    you are a brave fellow and im sure we are all honoured to be in your presence on these boards.
    email me at spazben@hotmail.com when possible nd when you get home please post on the boards.

MTFAGBWU

Ben

16. SimoSky

SimoSky Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 2004
    I re-post the link from pixelmagic's work-in-progress fan trailer footage:

http://www.my-
    serendipity.net/videos/Episode_3/duelforweb.mov

17. Red-2

Red-2 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2004
    its actually

http://www.my-serendipity.net/videos/Episode_3/duelforweb.mov

Pixel it looks as if you ripped your duel footage from DVD. I really really need help on this so please help if yu know any program or have any solutiona

18. KardarlSantesce

Nov 9, 2004
    Thanks guys. Your support is overwelming. The clips with lightning were created by Darth Brad. Credit goes to him. Thanks again

19. Darth_Brad03

Darth_Brad03 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    Thanks for the cred Kardarl

Red-2, a while back I PM'ed Pixel about this. The info he gave me was really helpful so I will copy what he told me below...

First download a program called SmartRipper.
    Next download the program called VirtualDub-MPEG2. There is a regular VirtualDub, but that won't convert the VOB files. You need VirtualDub-MPEG2. Then when you import the footage, it will run at 29.97 fps. However, you NOW need to get the original 24fps that the footage was captured with from the CineAlta Camera they used. Do this by going up to the menu in Virtual Dub. It should say "Frame Rate..." Click the option that says "Remove 3:2 pulldown-Adaptive" Then when you export, you will have a RAW 24fps file to use.

Just Google the names and you will find downloads. Thanks again to Pixel for sharing...good luck.

20. Red-2

Red-2 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2004
    Brad.

i <3 you

so very very much

and pixel

21. darth_grievous1

darth_grievous1 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2004
    Duel of Fates update:

I have cast Darth Sidious/ Palpatine

22. Darth_Brad03

Sep 21, 2003
    Heh, no problem Red-2 :)

I have cast Darth Sidious/ Palpatine

Cool grievous, good luck with everything...although I have no clue what you are doing. [face_thinking]
    Did I miss a post or something...is this a trailer and your filming stuff, or what?

23. Kraven_IT

Kraven_IT Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2004
  24. Red-2

Red-2 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2004
    uhhh i did all the stuff, and i tried to bring it to after effects and it said something like , no such avi compressor

25. Darth_Brad03

Sep 21, 2003
    Heh, believe it or not, I went through all of this too and ran into the same thing a while back. I figured I was just lacking something on my end, and I didn't need to rip anything for quite awhile, so I just decided not to worry about. Since you are having the same problem however, hopefully Pixel will stop by later on and help us out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.