main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Omaha, NE Omaha City Rep

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by paperclipx, May 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    Hey all. With our third meeting upon us, the only other thing needed to become offical will be the designation of a city rep or CR. So nows the time to start thinking about it. Go ahead and post ideas here.

2. LuneKell

LuneKell Jedi Youngling

Jan 20, 2001
    Bob: You or Mark. Or maybe you for six months and Mark for six months. You two can switch off periodically.

Kate

3. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I posted the requirements for becoming an official Fan Force club and City Rep in this thread
    Please check it out before your next meeting. Email me at bobafemme@fanforce.net or ICQ at 84552792 if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Erica
    Midwest RSA

4. boinga

boinga Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2001
    paperclipx for CR!!!

5. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    I vote jade and boinga!

6. boinga

boinga Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2001
    stay out of this AA ;)

Mark's done a great job organizing all the stuff and the FanForce table at alphacon

There should be a vote in the next meeting

7. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Ya, I dont want you as rep, it would take time away from me o_O

8. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    I think I'd have to say either Mark or Bob.

9. TheStarKiller

TheStarKiller Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    I will be posting to the regular AlphaCon thread, but I thought I would let fellow Omaha fans know the bad news first.

Dan Lundquist, the AlphaCon event director, resigned today in liu of word coming down that Midlands Marketing will not support another AlphaCon for next year. Because of low numbers, they see the event as a failure.

I urge everyone that enjoyed themselves at this year's AlphaCon to email kristine.gerber@owh.com and let her know what you think of this decision. A decision that was her's.

Also, if you would like to email Dan to let him know that there is support for an independently funded AlphaCon (wink, wink), I would very much appreciate it.

In a seperate matter, if anyone can let me know how to become a part of the Omaha Fan Force, I would appreciate it. I stopped by the booth at AC, but with everything else I had going on that weekend, I didn't have time to ask many questions.

Thanks for all of your support and God willing, we will SOMEHOW keep AlphaCon alive!

-- Rusty aka TheStarKiller

10. UncleOwen1138

UncleOwen1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2001
    To join, just e-mail your name to omahaswclub@fanforce.net, and you will get on the mailing list.

Please everyone e-mail and let them know what you thought of AlphaCon. It would be a shame to not have it back next year. Hope to see everyone at the meeting.

Bob

11. babygirl68128

babygirl68128 Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2001
    Personally I would have to say that the one who made all of this possible and the fan force a reality should get the vote. Therefore I have to vote for paperclip!!!!!!!

12. darthamy

darthamy Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2001
    I believe that paperclip should be our cr he has builit this from the ground up. He deserves to have the CR title.

13. Dawmer299

Dawmer299 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    Can we have more than one rep cause I think both Bob and Mark deserve it. Both of them did a lot of work for to get this started. Nice job guys. Jeff Aka Dawmer

14. UncleOwen1138

Jan 13, 2001
    I wanted to thank everyone who tossed my name in the pot for a potential City Representative for Omaha. Because of family obligations (my wife and 1 ½ year old), I?m afraid that I would not be able to give 100% in the position.

Many people have also mentioned paperclipx (Mark) as another choice. I totally support him for our CR and feel that he would do an excellent job. He will definitely get my vote on Saturday.

I will still be just as involved as I have been so far, so I hope to see you all at the next Omaha FanForce meeting on Saturday!

Bob
    UncleOwen1138

15. darthamy

darthamy Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2001
    so is everyone in agreement for paperclipx for CR? When can we make it offical?

16. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    That needs to be decided during your next meeeting.

17. UncleOwen1138

Jan 13, 2001
    Just wanted everyone to know that Mark (paperclipx) is our Fan Force City Rep now. He was officially voted in at our last meeting. Thanks to everyone who came.

Bob

18. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    I just want to thank everyone who's been involved with us to this point. I also want to let everyone know I will continue to do my best to make the Omaha FanForce the best chapter around.

Mark

19. Bobafemme

Nov 25, 2000
    It's now official, Paperclipx is the Omaha FanForce CR. Congratualtions! :)

20. LuneKell

LuneKell Jedi Youngling

Jan 20, 2001
    Yes, many congratulations to Bob, our new City Representative.

Kate

21. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Ummm, Kate,

Your getting us mixed up again. LOL!

Mark

22. LuneKell

LuneKell Jedi Youngling

Jan 20, 2001
    Oh, rats! Forty lashes with a wet noodle for sheer, general stupidity.

Okay -- let's try that agin -- Congratulations, Mark!!!!

Did I get it right this time?

Kate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.