main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary One-Man Star Wars Show & One-Man LOTR Show

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by veritate, Mar 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. veritate

veritate Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2004
    Last night, DrHaggis and I joined several of our SW geek friends at SAIT for the one-night engagement of the One Man Star Wars show. It was, as expected, a complete blast.

www.onemanstarwars.com

Charles Ross, a "Sweaty Dork", as he describes himself, takes the audience through the entire original trilogy using only a microphone and his eerily changable voice, reinacting the scenes with innovative movement and abounding energy. It's been a very long time since I've laughed so hard at a live show.

Tonight (Wednesday, March 1), he will be peforming the LOTR trilogy at the SAIT Orpheus Theatre at 7:30 pm. I'm positive tickets are still available, and they're only $10 from Ticketmaster. Last night, the theatre was about half full, but it would be great to see a bigger turnout. If anyone can make it, I HIGHLY suggest you try! We're going out for drinks afterwards.

It's guaranteed to be a lot of fun!

2. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    "Mr. Frodo...?" [face_laugh]

Man, you guys are lucky. I've been dying to see this guys shows. :(

I strongly suggest if you can, to get some tickets and see this!

3. veritate

veritate Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2004
    Well, The LOTR show was just as fabulous as the SW one. I was laughing uncontrollably near the end. What fun!

Afterwards, Charles (the performer) met us for drinks in the bar on SAIT campus, and we got to hang out with him and chat. What a fun, memorable night. I hope the Edmonton group gets to see him! Everyone should go see him at least once.

DrHaggis and I even met a few other SW fans, and we've hopefully recruited a few more members to our cause. Here's hoping they manage to post soon! ;)

4. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    Saw the star wars show last night, it was amazing, i loved it, don't think i'll be able to catch the LOTR one though :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.