main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vancouver One Man Star Wars Trilogy Returns to Vancouver

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by poof-the-magic-jedi, Sep 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poof-the-magic-jedi

poof-the-magic-jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2005
    Hello Tipocians (Tipocites?),

Wow, there isn't enough life around here to fill an Austin Mini, much less a space cruiser. I guess I can take my fair share of blame for that since it's been well over a year since my last post, but I come bearing good tidings: The One Man Star Wars Trilogy by Charles Ross is coming back to Vancouver for two shows next weekend!

I saw this show at the Fringe Festival several years back and it was great, so much so that I'm going again. I'll be going to the Saturday (Sep 8) 7pm show at the Granville Island Stage. Tickets are $18 each and I'm planning to meet people at the Fringe Club at 6pm-ish. However, you have to be 19 to get into the Fringe Club, so anyone under 19 that wants to meet up can contact me so we can make other arrangements.

It would be great to see this with some Star Wars fans!

More details

2. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    Sounds like fun, but I think it's a bit too late for me.

3. poof-the-magic-jedi

Jun 3, 2005
    Hey Alex, that's too bad. If you'd be interested in seeing another Fringe show earlier in the day, I should be able to swing a free pass for myself and one other person since I'm volunteering at this year's festival. Unfortunately I can't get passes to the Encore Series (i.e. the Star Wars show) but any of the regular ($10) shows should be fine. Check out the schedule at the Vancouver Fringe Festival homepage and let me know if you'd be interested.

4. poof-the-magic-jedi

Jun 3, 2005
    It was a great show tonight, and it's always fun when people come out to join in the festivities. There were five of us who met for the show, including one fellow FanForce alumnus (good to see you again Phill). I hope that others who were interested were able to catch one of the performances at some point because it's a lot of fun. Unfortunately there won't be any more performances of the Star Wars play at this year's festival, but there're still lot's of other shows going on and I'll probably be going to another one or two in the coming weeks. I've updated my email address in my profile so people can contact me if interested in getting together at some point.

5. Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma

Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2002
    Sorry i couldnt make this Rudy. I was busy with work coz we're rennovating the restaurant. So its been hectic for me.

How are you guys doing though? Its been a while since I saw anyone post here, but its great to see that its slowly picking up again.

6. poof-the-magic-jedi

Jun 3, 2005
    Hey Antonio, it's too bad you weren't able to make it out to the show, but I understand that sometimes life gets busy. Speaking of busy, that's how I've been, especially the past few months. But the Fringe is a good excuse to get out and enjoy some off-the-wall stuff, and volunteering is a good way to meet people. I'm probably going to be checking out a show or two of the upcoming film festival too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.