main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Organizing for Episode 2 (Come and Read,please!)

Discussion in 'Archive: Lincoln, NE' started by Jedi_Liz, Apr 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Okay, this thread is for discussion about organizing to go to Episode 2. First of all, when tickets go on sale, we need a few people to stand in line for several hours, just so we can get tickets.

Secondly, how many people are planning to wear costumes? I know I am going to try my hardest to put together a costume.

Thirdly, forming a line the day of or the day before the movie, are we going to do this?

2. Arwen_Evenstar

Arwen_Evenstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2000
  3. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I'll have to tell that friend, Alanna82, that she won't be able to see it at Midnight! Oh well, I think its a bad idea to have midnight showings. Kids shouldn't be going to movies that late anyway, even if it is STAR WARS.

I know others may feel another way, but some may agree with me.

Maybe she'll go with us, anyway. I'll have to see what she says. She was planning to go to a midnight showing. oh well.

4. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    And it didn't sound like they knew for sure, so it might not be absolutely for sure.

5. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    :_| I was so looking forward to seeing it at midnight this time :_| They sold out of tickets to it last time. Hopefully we CAN stand in line and not get arrested though...

6. Warmaster_TsavongLah

Warmaster_TsavongLah Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    I will unofficially wait in line a LOT longer b4 2 hours, since they cann't kick me outta East Park. I will just buy a shake and play solitare at a table hehe.

7. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    We have a BIG Problem!!!!

Douglas Theatres FINALLY responded back to me and here is what they said:

I know the movie opens in 2 weeks. I also know that until George Lucas has a screening for exhibitors I don't know anymore now than I did 2 weeks ago. This is frustrating for
    EVERYONE.

I think she must be under so much stress that she didn't realise its 3 weeks.

This is very frustrating, indeed!

8. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    ...yet on the main TF.net page, it says all signs point to a May 3rd sale date. Hopefully that is it!! :D

9. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    *sits back and waits* [face_plain]

10. Alanna82

Alanna82 Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2002
    What! No midnight showing! that's blasphemy. Everyone knows you have to see it opening night at midnight! It just breaks tradition!

11. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    Eh. *realizes what May 3rd is* Won't that cause a few problems, with Spider-Man and all?...

12. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    :_| May 3rd is sneaking up! Has anyone heard anything of other people lining up? Where should we wait? Do we know where it will be showing?? :_| This is really dissapointing [face_plain] I thought there would be more people in line, and we could at least have a few days notice as to when they will sell tickets [face_plain] What are we going to do?!?

A frustrated John

13. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I'll try to contact Douglas Theatres again either tomorrow or Friday. I'll ask for a response by next Tuesday if that is possible.
    Of course, its going to be by email, since there are no human beings answering their phones, that I know of.

I wish we had an *actual* theatre chain here...that's the worst part about living in Lincoln. Its not fair.

14. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    :_| I hope so. This is extremely frusterating!

15. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    I called all Douglas Theatre lines I could find in the phone book, but all but one were prerecorded. With that one that wasn't prerecorded, I was lucky if I got a ringing--some times I would get a very high pitched and obnoxious whine. :mad:

16. Cowwithoutbrain

Cowwithoutbrain Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2000
    i suppose i could have posted, but i didnt. i had contacted them late on sunday night, and they gave a standard reply on monday morning. i am guessing it was a standard one sent to multiple people because it was just a blank message with an attachment that reads :
    INFORMATION REGARDING STARS WARS?ATTACK OF THE CLONES

No exhibitors have any information on the release pattern of Star Wars as of yet. When George Lucas gives the OK to the film studios we will know about advance ticket sales, locations, midnight shows, etc.

Thank you for asking.

Debby Brehm
    Vice President

i would guess you might recieve the same message.

17. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I posted that same message. :) I guess we were both frustrated. I say we all go up to Omaha where they have a *REAL* theatre chain with showings earlier than 4:00 in the afternoon. (Like for Spiderman, they have a 1:45 showing @ AMC. Lincoln? 4:30 is the earliest! I bet that is what it will be for Episode 2, unless they have midnight of course.)

I wonder how much it would cost to rent a theatre for just us, if we got more members?

18. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    Ok, now I am really frusterated. It DOES appear as if tickets go on sale tomorrow. [face_plain] And yet no word from Douglas... *sigh* I guess this means no fun standing-in-line-party for us :_| Oh well, I will still do it if I can get some confirmation...

19. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    It seems to be confirmed :) May 13th at SouthPointe! :) Plan away...
    (Please excuse me if I seem to be in a post-crazy stupor: I am! :) )

20. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    okay, it seems that a few of us might be able to stand in line to get tickets. Those who can't, would there be some way for you to get money to those of us who can, so we can buy tickets for you?

Hey, crisi, if you post, please ask your friends if they want to join our FanForce. We need more members.

21. Warmaster_TsavongLah

Apr 2, 2002
    Ok I may or may not be able to...If not I can hand off money to Ashley (=

22. Warmaster_TsavongLah

Apr 2, 2002
    Ok I may or may not be able to...If not I can hand off money to Ashley (= Btw We may need to stand in line about 7 hours b4 movie on thursday so just thought id say something

23. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    ... it depends on what kind of seats you would want... :D

Edit: Warmaster, You are alive!! I was worried for a bit...

24. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    I don't think I will be able to go to the midnight showing :( And I definitely won't be able to stand in line at all on Monday (finals - ick)

25. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    Ooohh... I'm sorry Arwen :_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.