main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Origins 2004

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Jade-Walker, May 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Looks like NOW...the only way I'll be able to even GO to Origins, is if I can switch with someone at work for Friday. That weekend, stupid Dillards is having inventory...and nobody is allowed to have time off. And I still need these morons for a couple more weeks (after that)

2. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    If anyone plans on going, you might want to let Jon Farmer know ASAP!
    If you work the doors in costume with 501st (like a 4 hour session) then you can be in on the dinner with Stackpole and the 501st on Sat night. It also is likely that there will be a special photo session with Sean Astin as well.

I'm going to be leaving in the late morning for this and returning really late I gather. ;)

3. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    :(

I really wish I could go but since Geoff can't, I guess I can't...

4. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    If I can work in Jedi gear, I'm basically 99.9% sure I'm going.

Do you have any idea how much the dinner is going to be?

Count me in if I can be a Jedi!

(If all else fails, maybe I can con my mom into making me some sith robes. :D)

5. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Cindy, you have to talk to Jon Farmer about that. Contact him on the Garrison boards and see if the invite is still open and for more details.

6. Coyote850

Coyote850 Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2004
    Kim and Cindy, it was great having you guys make the trip down for the day. As you two can tell the 501st is a fun bunch to hang out with. For those of you who missed Origins:
    Not only did we get to have dinner with Mike Stackpole, but he spent a good two and a half hours talking with us. Right before we went to dinner we all met at the hotel bar,in walks the man in charge of Celebration 3. He talked with us a bit and made it clear to us that C3 will be all about the fans. On top of that the Exhibitor room in the Convention Center had a 3/4 scale mock up of an X-Wing, Kim and Cindy has the pics of it.(Thats Marshall's remote R2 unit Kim) And in the booth right next to the X-Wing was actor Hal Wamsley, he played one of the Jawas in ANH. Hal was really nice, I talked to him for about an hour.
    Everyone had a blast, hope to see more of you there next year.

7. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I saw Kim's pictures on our website, and on OG boards...FRELL I wish I could have been there!

Em made down to Columbus after all, and she had her picture taken (in a X-Wing flightsuit) along with 2 OG members. One of them was a trooper with pauldron (who was that?) and a girl in a tan officer's uniform. The R2 looks really good!

Origins...2005...(new job, no weekends) I'll be there!

8. Coyote850

Coyote850 Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2004
    It was probably Harry(white pauldron) and his wife Maria in the pic with her. If it was a black pauldron it was me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.