main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Science Fiction Origins: Matthew Berger and John Rose

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by blubeast1237, Jun 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Parallel Carnage
    Apparently this is what they call pain

Crunch, crunch.

Crunch.

Crunch.

I've been crunched?

Wow. Scar has a sense of humour after all.

Oh, look, a disembodied voice. As if I didn't see that coming?

How is death?

"It tastes kinda like chicken."

TAG: Blu

2. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Heather King
    New York City - Near the Coffee Shop

The elderly woman accepted her outstretched hand. Heather pulled the old woman towards her, but after glancing to her side, she noticed where the coffee shop lay. The massive fight going on between the monstrous creature and another figure was right in the way. Heather?s mind raced in a million directions as fire raced everywhere. Screams of pain. She turned back to look at the old woman. Her face showed so much wisdom and age that she almost considered asking her what to do, but she was a teacher. She was smarter than that.

A car came soaring through the air. Heather screamed, putting one hand on the old woman?s head and pressing down. They both ducked to the ground, covering their heads. The car smashed into the sign above them. It rocked for a moment, then turned and came collapsing down on top of them. Propelling herself (or himself, the actual gender of Heather was very confusing) forward, she took the woman behind the back and shoved her forward. Together they were drove forward. Heather kept pushing the old woman, more or less holding her now. As the sign crashed into the ground behind them, Heather found herself close to the battle.

?Come on!? Heather cried out to the old woman as she huffed for breath. She could only pray they wouldn?t be bothered by the battle.

TAG: blu

3. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    In Between

Parallel Carnage's essence was ripped apart again and he became nothing, no longer existing. And then he was back and would have no recollection of the previous exchange, or his previous existence. The voice was silent, but the silence would make Parallel Carnage suffer from its sound.

"You enjoy death. I can leave you here, then, yes?"

Tag: Sinre

4. UnknownRogue

UnknownRogue Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2008
    Stan Lee tested. Blu Approved.

Name: Gavin Carlyle
    Alias: None at the moment
    Job: None
    Appearance: Shorter than average, black hair, goatee

Super powers: Empathic, mimics the powers of any mutant he touches.
    Weakness: He can only mimic 1 power at a time, and there is a learning curve involved that depends on the power he absorbs. No matter the mastery level of the mutant he mimics the power from he starts out with no working knowledge. In some cases, like super speed or strength it can easily applied, if a little recklessly. There is also a cooldown involved, the tougher the power is to learn the longer it takes his body to recover enough to mimic a new power.

5. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Kiara Paige

It had taken her quite some time to get home and when she had, her parents had been waiting. Worried and angry. She was forced to sit through their long, drawn-out speech about how dangerous it is to be out at night, alone, and how 'out of their minds worried' they were. Normally, she would have listened and followed their words like a good girl. Really, she would have given anything to be able to just have one night at home, as herself. Only, she couldn't. When they made her swear she'd never do it again, she could only force out a slight nod. Promising something that she couldn't keep would be a waste.

After finishing their lengthy speech, they sent her up to her room for the night, which she was more than happy to oblige and made her way to her bedroom. Flipping on the light switch, her eyes fell on the desk not far from the window and spotted her homework. At least it was already finished, she sighed and stepped behind the chair, sorting all of the papers and slipping them into her binder. Most other students had usually taken a liking to decorating their binders, with stickers, or drawings underneath the plastic paper holders on the outside, but her was plain white. Dull. There was no point in decorating it with something she liked, she didn't even know what she liked. It was a blur to her.

Kiara slowly changed into blue shorts and a white tank top and shuffled to bed after she finished getting ready. Lying under the covers, she stared out of the window blankly. She could only hope that she could get one night's rest. And in the morning, when she awoke, still in her bed, she sat up, stretching and smiling. At least her oh-so wonderful power let her have the night off from getting in even worse trouble from her parents, but that probably just was for that night. Crawling out of her bed, she tiredly began her morning routine for school.

Heading down the stairs, Kiara surveyed the sounds coming from the kitchen. The TV was on to its usual in the morning and the strong scent of coffee filtered into the hallway, which meant her father was in there, but she couldn't tell if her mother was in the kitchen yet or not. Sucking in a breath, she prepared herself for that still frustrated aura from her mom and stepped into the kitchen. Her said mother was luckily not in there, probably finishing whatever she needed to before work.

?Morning darling.? Her father greeted her with his normal smile, clearly over what happened the night before. ?Doesn?t that kid go to your school? Used to play basketball??

She looked silently at the TV and blinked in surprise. She didn't know, know John, but she had seen him passing through the hallways at her school. "Yeah...I think he does." She murmured in awe. "Saved two people? Wow. That's nice of him."

Kiara shrugged it off. He was just some kid at her school, so not that she didn't care...but...she really didn't care. She took a seat at the kitchen table and poured cereal into the bowl in front of her. It was just another day. What did it matter?

Tag: Blu

6. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    The beast ... has approved me!

Name: Bruce Stark
    Alias: Iron Bat
    Appearance: In suit/Out of suit: [image=http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2009/363/3/6/IronBat_by_Van_Oost.jpg] [image=http://topnews.in/light/files/christian-bale-3.png]
    Brief Bio: Two events inextricably led to the Iron Bat: the adoption of an orphaned Bruce Wayne by Howard and Maria Stark, later dying in a car crash; and an industrial accident due to corruption amongst the labor unions in which their eldest son, Tony Stark, was paralysed from the waist down, forcing Bruce to return early from his sojourn in the East to care for his bitter adopted brother.

The Iron Bat is the tool of their redemption. While Tony can't walk, he can help Bruce -- and while Bruce can't heal Tony, he can use the suit to mete out fear and retribution upon evildoers everywhere, fighting to cleanse the city that claimed Bruce's parents and Tony's ability to walk.

Close affiliates: Tony Stark, Alfred Pennyworth, Pepper Potts: [image=http://topnews.in/light/files/robert-downey-jr552.jpg] [image=http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/img/03.jpg] [image=http://ironman.ugo.com/images/movies/iron-man-2008/gwyneth-paltrow.jpg]

7. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Los Angeles

The click of heels on the kitchen floor alerted Kiara and her father that her mother was getting ready to leave for work. She laid her purse on the bar and walked over to pour herself a cup of coffee, a vanilla folder in front of her as she sipped. She turned around, leaning against the countertop to face her daughter. Slowly, the eyes drifted up from the contents of the folder to Kiara. Joey took another sip, eyes as sharp as broken glass shards.

"I trust we will not anymore escapades as we had last night, and last week, are we Kiara?" Her mother asked inquisitively, one eyebrow raised. Her father could feel the tension and for now chose to stay silent.

Tag: Spacey

8. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Iron Bat

Washington DC

When the comm. sounded, he had thought it?d be JARVIS telling him the suit?s satellite uplink was having problems keeping up with him. He?d pushed it a little harder tonight, though despite driving to Mach 1.9 the suit was still well within its operational tolerances. The capital was some distance ahead going by the GPS, though the night sky was still cloudy enough that he couldn?t see it, or the ground. Since leaving Gotham a crescent moon had been his only companion at 20,000 feet, and the night a spray of stars. The whisper of the stealthed flight repulsors was the only music he had to hear.
    ?Hey, Bruce.?
    ?No names,? He frowned, which pushed his hair against the steel alloy of the suit?s faceplate. ?Not until we get that issue with the digital scrambler figured out.?
    ?Just seeing if you were awake. It?s figured. Rebooted the unit about an hour ago, all running smooth now.? Bruce could almost see Tony?s smug grin.
    ?What about your date??
    ?Is that what the young people are calling it these days? Me, I thought a better name for it was ?questionable meal and small talk followed by a few hours of???
    ?So she?s gone home??
    ?Yeah, Alfred took her in the limo.?
    Bruce glanced at the suit's time displays, picking the one for Gotham out from the ones indicating London, Los Angeles, and other locations. ?It?s pretty late over there.?
    ?Overtime?s a bitch, huh??
    ?Tony??
    ?Look, he volunteered. Like he always does. I?d have got Pepper to drive her home in the morning, but you know what he?s like when you?re out on a long run.?
    Bruce sighed. ?All right.?
    ?Ten miles to waypoint, sir.? That was JARVIS, the tone cool and correct in a manner almost approaching that of Alfred.
    ?Reset for approach to Capitol Hill,? he said. ?And give me another reminder when we close on the radars covering the city.? The computer gave a soft beep in acknowledgment.
    ?Glad to see I?m starting to rub off on you,? said Tony.
    ?How so??
    ?Breaking into a Congressman?s office right in the middle of Washington on the chance his office has Carmine Falcone?s contact list in it? Dad always thought you were the cautious one, not me.?
    The mention of Howard still caused an ache. ?Stone?s as dirty as they come. If we get hold of his intermediary list, we?ll know who?s funnelling all the heavy weaponry we've seen to the Four Families. You did the shatter analysis from the Gotham Prudential job yourself. Normally the mob doesn?t use RPGs to break into bank vaults. Stone's the key to whoever's supplying them.?
    A weird, liquid sort of sound on the comm.: Tony swilling down another sip from a tumbler of single malt, Bruce supposed. ?I still think you could try this electronically.?
    ?He won?t have the list anywhere online. He?s a rare Congressman: a smart one.?
    ?Ehhhh.? Bruce could almost see Tony wave a hand in frustration. ?I think you just wanna bounce more bullets off your chest.?
    ?If you could modify this thing so it didn?t sound like a freight train, I wouldn?t have to.?
    ?You could always go back to that Halloween gear you had in mind, you know. Tights and a cape, for crying out loud? Who finds that scary? What the hell were you thinking??
    ?Actually I was thinking to put your face on my chest. Scariest thing I can imagine.?
    ?Oh, very funny. Hilarious. Remind me next time I?m programming your screechers.? But there was laughter in his voice, and Bruce couldn?t keep the smile off his own face. A few seconds of silence. Then: ?You be careful, all right??
    ?Always.?
    The comm. closed, and Bruce was alone with the stars and the moon.

9. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    IC as Kiara Paige

Right as Kiara was about to put a spoonful of cereal into her mouth, she could hear her mother's high heels clicking into kitchen and her back stiffened. Her mother was good at holding grudges, she was a great woman and a wonderful mother, by far, but when she was in trouble, she was really in trouble. She chewed on her cereal and watched out of the corner of her eye as her mom poured herself a cup of coffee before heading off to work. Her mother's blue eyes, the ones she had inherited, darted up, straight at Kiara. She could feel her words coming before she even opened her mouth.

"I trust we will not anymore escapades as we had last night, and last week, are we Kiara?"

She flushed and lowered her head. She really wanted to say, "I would if I could," but she couldn't. So, instead, she opted with, "I'm sorry..." It was nice and simple. No excuses, no lies, and most importantly, no promises she couldn't keep no matter how badly she wished she could.

When Kiara was certain her mother was finished, she stood from the kitchen table and brought her bowl and spoon to the sink to rinse out and put away neatly in the dish washer. "The bus will be here in a few minutes, I'm going to wait outside." She said quietly and placed a kiss on her father's cheek before grabbing her backpack, also very plain like her folder, and headed out the door. Closing the door behind her, she felt the tension trap itself in the house and luckily, not following at her heels. She apologized to her parents, what more could she do? Walking slowly to the bus stop, she tried not to think about anything having to do with her power. By all rights, she hated it. She loathed her power. What happened to the really cool superheroes you see in the movies or read in the comics? Why couldn't she better? Why couldn't she do anything right for once?

Reaching the bus stop, she stopped, her blue eyes staring hard at the sidewalk below her feet. I feel so horrible. I hate what I am. Why can't I be...someone else?

Kiara breathed out a heavy sigh and looked up when she could hear the engine of the bus coming closer. And just like anyone else, she boarded it for school. Upon getting to school, there was a lot of talk about that John guy and how he was on the news for saving those two girls. Though strangely, everyone was also talking about how he was absent from school, or at least would be late. She wondered about him for a moment before switching her thoughts back onto her own problems. He probably just pushed them from an oncoming bus or something. What did he know about really being able to save anyone? Nothing, of course.

She went on her usual day as blankly as she ever did.

Tag: Anyone

10. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Steve Rogers
    New York, Late March, 1941

This secret identity business was beginning to get a bit troublesome. It wasn't a well kept secret within the facility that the other super-soldier experiments were proving unsuccessful. Dr. Reinstein was no fool - soon he'd begin to suspect that something made Steve Rogers' own case special. And although he wasn't entirely sure who had created the ring he wore on his finger, he had a sinking feeling they wouldn't take kindly to him revealing what that something was while he was still a "recruit", as the ring liked to call him.

He had taken a momentary break to grab some water. Not that he particularly needed it, but breaking up the routine of trials kept his mind focused on the exercises. ?Green Lantern Steve Rogers of Sector 2814. You are being called to the Planet Oa, for council with the Guardians.?

"Green Lantern Steve Rogers? That's a new one. What happened to 'Recruit'?"

"You will report to Oa with all due haste."

Personable as always. "Gimme a few seconds to recharge." He reached into the pocket space where he kept his lantern (A handy trick the ring had taught him, which was especially important since he didn't have access to a locker), and removed the green power source. "In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might, beware my power: Green Lantern's light."

"Power levels at 100%."

Steve gave a slight grin. There was something immensely fulfilling about that little rhyme, particularly considering just how grim things were getting over in Europe. And in Asia, from the sound of it. He replaced the lantern in its pocket space and stepped outside.

It was at about this time that Steve Rogers remembered that he, having outgrown all of his old clothing, owned nothing but a pair of boxers and an undershirt. Right, clothes. Let's see if he could do this. Picture clothing. A uniform. Practical, but somewhat stylish. A bit of stylistic flair, but not outrageous.

There was a flash of emerald light.

[image=http://images.wikia.com/marvel_dc/images/c/cf/Guy_Gardner_004.jpg]

Hey, not bad!

"Concealing identity."

The ring promptly added a rather effect-disrupting domino mask. Steve sighed. "Let's just get going," he replied, and took off into the sky. Destination: Oa, the center of the universe itself.

[i][b][hl=white][color=blue]Captain America[/color][/hl][/b]
    Germany, 1945[/i]

Evidently Erik was as surprised by this development as Captain America was. Some sort of unconscious ability, then? But weren't electromagnetic fields some kind of... fundamental... force...? Steve sighed. Clearly he should've taken a few more science courses before enrolling in art school.

"Well, I don't exactly... uh... how should I..." he scratched his head. Explaining the complexities of a piece of super-advanced alien technology that still baffled his superiors to a teenaged boy was probably something of all tall order. Settle for the simple explanation now. "I sort of speak [i]any[/i] language, amongst other things. It's a kind of talent I have, you might say. Sort of like... well, sort of like being able to make things fly around like that. Or pulling a spoon into your hand. Here, let me show you."

He pointed to a medium sized rock about ten meters away. "That rock over there." A beam of emerald light shot out of his ring, forming a hand that grabbed the stone. The light then pulled the stone back towards Captain America, and dropped the rock off in his free hand. "See?"

[b]TAG: Peng[/b]

[hr]
    [i][b][hl=green][color=silver]Doctor Doom[/color][/hl][/b]
    Doom's Palace, Latveria, 6 Months Ago[/i]

Insufferable! Truly insufferable! Was the great Dr. Doom forever condemned to be surrounded by incompetent fools?! If you wanted something to be done correctly...

[color=silver][hl=green]"Try and draw as many of Deathstroke's forces inside the palace as you can man

11. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    [image=http://mnm-pbp-fc-liberators.wikispaces.com/file/view/Luthor_Corp_logo.png/164724453/Luthor_Corp_logo.png]

I met a traveler from an antique land
    Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
    Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,
    Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
    And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
    Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
    Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
    The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed;
    And on the pedestal these words appear:
    ?My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
    Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!?

- Percy Bysshe Shelly

[image=http://www.daviddylanthomas.com/wp-content/uploads/blog/awatchmen/250px-Ozymandias_1.PNG]

12. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    IC: Marric Renar
    New York City

Marric stood where he was, gazing out at the city turned war zone for an indefinite amount of time. It could have been seconds, minutes, or even hours that he stood there just trying and failing for the most part to take in what had happened. No matter how he looked at it everything seemed... Unrecognizable. He tried to put the fragments together in his mind but he just couldn't, like the scene was a puzzle with too many pieces missing. A rage gripped at him through the bars of its mental prison, trying to drag itself out. The sudden shock of the feeling brought Marric out of his near trance, unaware of how long it had lasted himself, as he closed his eyes and fought the sense of rage back into its cage, nothing coming of it save for a seemingly distant cloudless rumble of thunder.

Slamming the mental door shut and once more opening his eyes the teen turned his gaze to the more immediate vicinity. The way down for instance. Nothing seemed wrong with the fire escape, so at least it hadn't been damaged during whatever had been going on, and for that he was thankful. He noted a variety of familiar faces among the injured, though some only had minor cuts and scrapes and were easily standing, most were either neighbors or people who lived nearby. The person who seemed to be the doctor and another man he didn't recognize were tending to the wounded which made Marric sigh with relief. At least there was somebody here to help them after all.

Then he noticed someone else here. Someone who shouldn't have been here and instead miles away with his mother doing whatever they had had planned. His little seven year old sister Alice. The most important reason as to why he had practiced control to begin with. His motivation in keeping all his emotions locked up as tight as possible. He didn't want to know what he'd do if he hurt her with this damn curse, even accidentally. In fact, the only reason he had managed not to outright panic when this whole thing started with the car thrown into their apartment had been the inner relief that his sister was somewhere else, safe. A chaotic, almost anxious breeze blew lightly through the area, carrying Marric's anxiety with it. He looked over at the others near him. "We need to get down there." He said, his voice anxious.

Tag: Blu, Livi, anyone applicable

13. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Washington DC

The Hill was quiet, but the lights, as always, illuminated the skies and the buildings. It was a rather large neighborhood, with many places to set down for a landing without being noticed. The streets were quiet, almost empty aside from a few people smoking outside shops or walking their dogs. Bruce Stark would notice that the Capitol building was bright, as it always was which would make sneaking in even harder, not to mention the security rotations with automatic weapons.

The only glaring opening to get to the Capitol Building would be through the Arboretum. The garden and plants there were so precious, that Security was very cautious about making rounds, only sending one guard every hour.

Tag: Saint

-----
    Latveria, 6 Months Ago

The trooper bowed to Lord Doom and ran off, shouting orders to form back into line and continue the systematic retreat. As Dr. Doom approached the end of the balcony, looking down, he would see the unit, a group of about 30 men, had fortified a position with the large stones and marble of the rubble. A smaller group of 5 were leading an offensive behind a large, dark haired young man, who was an unstoppable specimen of war.

As soon as he looked up and saw Doom, he whipped out a launcher and fired a missile at the man while his unit began to toss grenades at the leader of Latveria.

Tag: Ramza

14. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Kathy Cooper
    New York City

The sharp fear that had gripped Kathy lessened as she staggered outside to be replaced by a sense of hollow dread as she regarded the ruined landscape around her. She knew that things had been bad but this? This was a war zone. Behind them, the battle still raged and the smell of dust and blood was heavy in the air.

"We need to get down there."

Marric's voice sounded strange echoing in the place where buildings used to be. Kathy followed his line of sight and groaned. Herman was here, and (judging by the plump, grey-haired presence of Maria Cooper) he'd brought his creepy friend.

"Herman!" she called, struggling over to her fellow psychic. "I'm over here."

Kathy pointedly avoided looking in the direction of her mother.

"We've got two wounded." She grunted, building her energy for the last few metres. "Don't worry Marric, these people might be kind of pushy, but they're okay."

[TAG blu]

15. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    IC: Marric Renar
    New York City

"Don't worry Marric, these people might be kind of pushy, but they're okay."

The words calmed him slightly. The fact that Miss Cooper knew them made things a bit better, they weren't total strangers after all. And if she trusted them, then hopefully they were an okay sort. It didn't stop him from sending worried glances towards his sister, wondering why she was here in the first place. As soon as he was able he'd be heading over there to find out why, and where his mother was as well hopefully. He also felt pained in a way, he had hoped Alice wouldn't have to see all of this mess. Another worry filled breeze swept through the area.

Tag: Blu, Livi

16. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Matthew Berger alias Solid
    Lab

He looked at the man. Well that seemed to be hell of a useful ability. Knowing everything about one in two hours? Amazing what you could do with it. Could end terrorism or drug trade in a year, probably. But Matthew stayed suspicious. as a scientist he needed to understand before he could evaluate. especially he needed to understand that request. the man was asking for treachery. Betraying Olivia. The Professor. The country. And Matthew loved his country. he wasn´t an uncritical guy marching first into every war George W. felt was necessary, but the country? The USA? They were his home. They made him what he was.

All that the man probably knew if his claims were right. Yet he asked him for help against the Government of that country.

"Why do you need to escape, Wesley? You need to explain to me what this is about, or I cannot help you. Were you teached this ability? born with it? How did you get it and more important how does it work?"

Knowing everything about someone was unlimited power. Better than any CIa or NSA.

The thought what he could do with wesley came to his mind. What Solid could do. He had got rid of the gang, yes. But what about criminals? Organized crime? How long could he allow cops to kick in doors and die, when he could walk through a storm of bullets without a scratch? Wesley could show him where they were.

Matthew shook his head. There were lines not to be crossed. And he did not wanted to become SOLID, another costumed avenger out there. Vigilantism was not the way to heal the world. Reason was.

Tag: blue

17. Dinkus_Mayhem

Dinkus_Mayhem Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2006
    Name: Puck
    Race: Aos Si (ancient Celtic supernatural species of which Leprechauns, Fairies and Elves blong to)
    Job: None

Appearance:
    [image=http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m54/Dinkus_Mayhem/Comics/MadHatter.jpg]

Super Power: Magic

Weakness: He is almost incapable of being serious. His true nature is that of a fun-loving prankster who prefers to use his power for childish antics and light-hearted harassment rather than intentional malicious evil, as he would get bored very quickly by doing so; thus he is more of an annoyance to those around him than a true threat.

He is also a bit naive when it comes to the nature of good and evil in the world. His own concerns are wether or not he is having fun, and rarely considers the impact of his pranks on others. This nature can lead him to, at times, be manipulated by others of a true evil nature.

Iron; it is something of a poison to his kind and it instantly blocks his ability to utilize his magic, leaving him as nothing more than a rather short human male.

[b]Puck[/b]
    [i]Busy city intersection[/i]

In the dawn of this world many supernatural and mythic creatures roamed free. Though most are now gone, there are still a few who yet survive. Where they have been hidden, or what the reason for their disappearance is, none seem to know.

Needless to say, they do still exist. One of them, a curious being named Puck, out of nowhere and for no reason known to him, suddenly appears in the midst of a bustling city. If he knew anything about the modern world he would realize his danger, as he was now sitting in the center of a busy city intersection during what appeared to be a period of extremely heavy traffic. Noise erupts around him as cars whiz by from all directions, horns blast in his ear and people are shouting at him in what appears to be irritation and anger.

Not that he did anything wrong, that he knew of. It wasn't his fault he was here, where ever here was. Maybe. It really could be his fault, but that really wasn't imporant at the moment. What was important was that he found his current situation very curious. Only moments ago he was in his home, a hollowed out ancient tree, sipping a tea on his favorite chair and the next moment he was here..though to his great delight his favorite chair had chosen to make the trip with him.

With a smile on his face he stood up excitedly, all 4 1/2 feet of him, and looking at his chair he called.."Come on!" With that he began to skip up the road happily obvlivious to the vehicles around him, and his chair was skipping quickly after him.

[b]Tag: Blu[/b]

18. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Domino
    New York City

As the blue beast charged towards Domino, she suddenly felt a slight sense of something that had become unfamiliar to her over the course of her years.

Fear.

Why? She'd just shot a mammoth green monster in the eye, why should she be frightened by a considerably smaller creature? She brushed the thought away as the beast reached out a hand to grab her face. She quickly ducked out of the way and felt fur brush across her cheek as she narrowly missed her opponent's attack. Guns still in hand, she fired off several rounds into the back of the beast as he passed her.

Three bullets left in each gun, Domino counted. Hopefully it wouldn't take any more than that to get out of this mess. Air cav should be getting here soon.

19. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    John Rose
    San Francisco

"Hey John... It goes without saying, but I'm going to need you to not tell anyone about who I am. I have your word, yes?"

Scorpion had just finished uppercutting Sub-Zero in the jaw on the television screen as Wally said this, but John shook away any thoughts of bad omens.

"I've kept my secret for eighteen years, I think I'll be able to keep yours too," he called as he cycled through the menu to the player select screen. "I've got Smoke."

20. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Approved, true believers!

Name: Unknown, presumably Wade Wilson
    Alias: Deadpool, The Merc with a Mouth
    Job: Mercenary with a Mouth
    Appearance: [image=http://www.movieguys.org/wp-content/uploads/deadpool_suicide_kings_3.jpg]
    Likes: Capping a target at 2 kilometers whilst compensating for gravitational drop in addition to the coriolis effect, finely wrought steel alloys when crafted into blades, and long walks on the beach while holding hands.
    Bio: He thinks his name is Wade Wilson. He might be wrong, but he thinks he's right. His face looks like a Wade Wilson face, with the jaw line and the hair and the eyes. He's a looker, if he does say so himself - why do I keep talking like this? I look good. There, I said it, I look good. My costume's pretty snazzy, too, maybe you've seen it. It's all red and pooly. Anyways - I think my name is Wade Wilson. I think, therefore I'm a yam. Haha, geddit? Anyways, I was part of some damn secrety super soldier thing, like, thirty years ago. Maybe five. Hard to tell when each year begins, each ends, what with these issues being so spaced out. No, there's not a pun in there, smarten up, bucko. I was cut loose, or escape, or...something. Maybe it drove me nutty, maybe I've always been an almond (I crack myself up!), but whatever the case, hey, it's in the past, baby, and I've got a future with money and cars and money and money and women and money and cars and money and swords and money and teddy bears.

21. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Iron Bat

Washington DC

The shadows drew him; had always drawn him, whether within the suit or during some of his limited forays out of it. The lights on Capitol Hill made the Dome gleam in the night. So instead, the National Arborteum was what he looked to: an acres-wide garden close to the Capitol, a good nine miles of garden paths, and on the intelligence he'd gathered, only patrolled once per hour.

Still, there was no point being cavalier about it. He commanded the suit to its full stealth mode, the illuminated bat symbol on his chest sliding plates over it to conceal its light, repulsors whispering as he closed in on the arborteum. Truthfully, anyone aiming at the bat symbol expecting to hit something vital would probably be sorely disappointed: being unable to armour his entire body in two-inch-thick steel alloy reinforced with adamantium, a series of prisms reflected the actinic light of the palladium power source within outward to create the glowing bat on his chest. Why else would anybody wear a target on their chest, as Tony might say...

He also ordered the suit's sensor package into action: a generation-ahead hybrid of WayneTech's research and Tony's wild dreams, it gave the wearer several options beyond the visible specturm. Ultraviolet and infrared were the beginning. Radar and sonar were others. And that was before one got to its olfactory sensors and the chemical analysis package Tony had added three weeks ago. Added to that, the bat ears on the suit were for more than mere show: they enhanced the suit's audio capabilities considerably.

If a proverbial mouse was flatulent in the Arborteum, there was a good chance the suit would pick it up. And probably give the wearer bearing, distance, and methane content, too.

But, again - it was important to have options. "JARVIS - local sewer and electrical access tunnels. Find me some."
    "Working," replied the AI.
    "Probably he won't find any," said Tony. "Gotham's the only city I've heard of that has those absurdly spacious sewers you like to take the suit down into."
    "New York's on seven storeys of underground tunnels."
    "You think Secret Service is dumb enough to leave a sewer line undefended in this town?"
    "Anybody lax enough to let more than one President get shot is capable of anything."

Whispering and quiet, the Iron Bat touched down close to the arborteum in a suitably shadowy spot.

22. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Parallel Carnage
    Diced

Ow.

Ow.

Ow. Ow. Ow. OW.

Oh, he was ripping me apart.

That I can handle.

But the QUIETNESS.

No!

Anything but the QUIET!

"Fine."

I suppose.

"Death doesn't taste like chicken."

Don't do it. Don't do it.

Oh, what the hell.

"It's more like tofu. Pretty dry. Plain, even."

Laugh.

23. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Erik
    Germany, 1945

Erik watched, delighted, as the Captain moved rocks about with the magical green light. He grinned, and stared at the spoon in his hand, as though understanding.

The feeling was, to put it simply, indescribable. Attempts to explain it would not convey the sense of oneness Erik felt with the spoon in his hand - or rather the electromagnetic field surrounding it. Not that he knew what that was, or what he was feeling - it was instinctual, a unity with the field, the magnetic nature of the object.

He felt the movement within it, the composition, the minutiae that made up the spoon. There was no thought involved in his actions now - the spoon floated in front of his face, bending and moving smoothly like a ribbon.

Erik understood.

"Do you feel it? When you move the rock, do you feel it?" As he spoke the spoon split apart into three pieces of flowing metal, molding and reshaping itself on Erik's whim. He wondered what else he could do.

Tag: Ramza

Deadpool
    Somewhere, Present Day

His website wasn't getting enough hits. He hated it when that happened. Every single one I've made! The pokemon one, the unicorn one, the M1A1 Abrams MBT fan page with high-resolution JPEGs, each and every one! To be fair, the M1A1 page had been shut down by the CIA and a cease and desist letter sent to his cover address, but still - who didn't like tanks?

The hit meter clicked from '0000000000000' to '0000000000001' as he stared through his mask.

"YES! YES I AM THE KING! WINNING!"

This was it. The moment he'd been waiting for. The floodgates were opening.

"First of many, baby. C'mon, let's do this!"

And nothing happened.

Ten minutes later, nothing happened and the counter still had a single hit.

It stayed like that for another hour until he grew bored at long last.

"I thought, you know, this was the in-thing! Hired guns, online, updated to your Facebook, SMS, BBM, ASAP, Mano-a-Mano, PPV..."

It didn't look that bad. Not that good either, but hey, he'd seen worse. It had his CV, his contact info (fluffy_1_2_3@gmail.com) and some images. Mostly the images were of Deadpool himself posing in front of the mirror, camera phone in one hand, but there was at least one shot of a bombed-out building with the graffiti "DEADPOOL WUZ HERE! :D" tagged on the side.

Wasn't there something happening somewhere where someone needed someone not so much alive anymore for some sort of maybe kind of price.

He went to his fridge and opened it up, pulling out a cold can. He walked to his video camera and thumbed it on, deciding at last. I'm vlogging this.

"I'm the best at what I do, an' what I do ain't pretty," he rasped, his face close to the camera. He held up the can, and pulled out his katana, tipping the can just so and puncturing it with a quick thrust. He quickly placed the can up by his lips, and squatted into a ready stance.

Deadpool cracked the can and chugged it in fifteen seconds, tossing the empty into the air and performing a spinning cut with his sword. The two pieces of tin fell to the floor with a clatter. He whooped in victory. "I AM THE KING! WINNING! WINNING HERE, WINNING THERE, I AM BI-WINNING! Also bipolar. Maybe. Catch ya next time, true believers. SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!"

He switched the camera off after a quick thumbs up. He would upload his video as "shotgun killer," he decided, and then he'd go try to watch some Lady Gaga videos. Shut up! It's research! For my thesis! I'm taking night classes at a school called the University of Mind Your Own Business, Chump!

Maybe then someone would give him a call.

Tag: Any

24. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    In Between

The voice let out a ?Ha? and then erased Parallel from existence.

?That wasn?t your place to do that. He is my property.?

?But we are working together. Some things need to be done.?

?Even so, you trespass on my territory. Restore him and send him to Death.?

-----
    [image=http://pluraletantum.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/inception3.jpg]

The being formerly known as Parallel Carnage woke up in a broken city. The sky was blue, only blue, no clouds, and there were other people walking around, but they were mindless, falling down, looking lost while there were others sipping tea at tables and smoking cigarettes on the curbs and looking depressed.

It no longer had its powers or abilities, but they were located on 2331 Devil?s Lane. He would be waiting for Parallel, eating souls and drinking sorrow.

Tag: Sinre

-----
    Washington D.C

The landing of the suit caused a small, but noticeable immediate gust of wind that shook the surrounding plants; however, it did go unnoticed by the drowsy guard who was standing guard, automatic rifle in hand, between the Iron Bat and the Capitol Building along the main trail. The enhanced vision of the suit would also pick up two further guards that were patrolling the nearest entrance to where Senator Stone?s office was to be.

It would be difficult to get in without making a noise or getting noticed, but it was possible for one such as the Iron Bat.

----
    Senator Kelly Stone lit a cigar and poured two glasses of scotch; one for himself, his third, and one for his newly arrived guest. He slid the glass across the desk to the man.

[image=http://obamapacman.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/george-clooney.jpg]
    ?I?ve always said you had a future in politics, Luthor.?

Tag: Saint, Matty

------
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

And a call would be made to Deadpool, but the government of Brazil. He had a job. The 1 hit his website had gotten was the one that would be putting a lot of cash in his hand; cash that he could use to launch his internet career.
    ---

The government official was nervous in such a dirty environment. He hated coming to Rio, it always depressed him on one level, and disgusted him on another. The drug trade and crime gangs were running the slums of the city and, with the World Cup and the Olympics, it was time to clean house as quickly and silently as possible.

That is why he was now sitting in this hot warehouse which could double for a sauna with the sun baking the earth like cookies outside and the crowded card playing and gambling crowd on the inside. He pulled out a towel and wiped his face, but his suit was already sweaty. It was then he saw the individual he assumed would be Deadpool. A masked man anywhere else might pull more attention, but here he never even got a second look. He had heard the man was unstable, but that didn?t matter, he was a killer with a reputation that preceded him.

?Have a seat, Mister Deadpool. $100,000 to kill Miguel Estevez and his entire crime gang. All 30 of them. They are all criminals. Can you do it??

The question was rhetorical, and one he, in hindsight, shouldn?t have asked. But when dealing with such?curious people as this Deadpool, one could not resist asking if the person in front of them was serious.

Tag: Peng

-----
    San Francisco

After 30 minutes of brutal combat, with a couple fatalities, the score was even between Wally and John. The burgers had been eaten and the doritos had been crunched, crumbs scouring the battlefield that was Wally?s living room. The red hoodie had served as a towel and was lying on the floor. Wally, who was very skinny, gripped the Xbox controller tightly with sweaty palms, his thumbs starting to hurt.

He had John on the ropes with Noob and was preparing to end it with an uppercut when the doorbell rang and the controller slipped out of his hand. He lost and jumped up, pointing at John. ?That **** don?t count!?

He blurred and the door was open, a group of individuals coming in. ?Mother ******.? Wally continued his verbal frustrati

25. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    New York City, 2005

Matthew Berger's chest would pain him greatly now, breathing becoming an active labor instead of the leisure process it should be. Tentacles spread across the inside of his organs, wrapping themselves around his lungs and heart, some of them began feeding on his muscle tissue. Wesley just stared, as he had never stopped doing, and his face remained stoic.

"You do not need to know any of those things for you to help me, but you want to know. We will come back to that. Unlike you, I was born with my powers. I maintain my eyes, these eyes..." His eyes, Matthew would notice, were now bloodshot red. "On a target. After the 1st hour, I know how they think. 2nd Hour, I realize everything about them. 3rd Hour, which is you feeling that pain inside your body now, is when I begin to take control of their body...It would be better if you don't know what happens after the 4th hour."

Wesley held a finger up, touching his index fingers together. "You will help me, because if you don't, everything you hold dear will be devoured in a torrent of flames and reduced to a sea of ashes...The world will end. Now, will you help me?"

Tag: Fin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.