main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Science Fiction Origins: Matthew Berger and John Rose

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by blubeast1237, Jun 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Steve Rogers
    Oa, 1941

Steve realized at this moment that he was completely unsure of how to greet an unofficial official superior in the Green Lantern corps, or whether or not certain gestures would even translate. He shrugged, supposed that he was basically military personnel, figured the rings would handle it, and gave a curt salute. "Pleased to meet you, Thaal Sinestro. My ring didn't have the time to explain the full details of your exploits, but from what I've heard, I'd be honored if I could equal a tenth of them. I guess you already know my name, but you can just call me Steve. With regards to the height discrepancy I... had a slight growth spurt."

"As for my duties, yes sir, I believe that I can do Sector 2814 proud. My ring tells me Abin Sur was a good man. I intend to prove that his successor is up to the challenge, and while I may just be a kid from Brooklyn who got lucky, I'd die a hundred times before I let him down."

Damn, where had that come from? All that basic training as part of the screening process had obviously rubbed off on him in unexpected ways.

TAG: Blu

[i][b][hl=white][color=blue]Captain America[/color][/hl][/b]
    Germany, 1945[/i]

Cap smiled, wondering if Erik's expression was the same one Dr. Reinstein - er, [i]Erskine[/i], Steve still had a bit of trouble with the fact that it had been a code name all along - had seen on him just five years ago. The kind of look you just couldn't say no to. Well, unless you were a Green Lantern ring, apparently. Though that was apparently because of a "subconscious desire to hear a second opinion at all times made manifest by latent willpower" or whatever. The straight talk was Steve Rogers' ring talked a lot more than other Lanterns' because Steve thought a magic ring ought to talk.

"First things first, we get you back in fighting fit shape. My ring can probably help accelerate the process, but it'll still probably take a week or so. Then we work on discipline, both physical and mental. After that... well, you ever heard of The Escapist, published by Empire co...?"

He stopped for a moment. Dumb question, Captain America. Take a look at what this kid had been through. You think he's ever read a freaking comic book?

"After that, we'll work on practicing using your talents to help those in need. And if helping those in need just happens to include kicking some Nazi butt, well..." He winked. "That's just the way the cookie crumbles. Now let's go get you some food."

[b]TAG: Peng, Blu[/b]

[b]OOC:[/b] Still sorting out some details of Dr. Doom's downtime, so he's forthcoming.

2. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Erik Lensherr
    Germany, 1945

At the mention of Nazis, Erik felt his insides curdle. He looked about himself, nervous, but for what reason he did not know. He glanced back at the camp behind him, and shook visibly as he remembered where he was, and what had happened. But that was the past - this was now, and this was what mattered, he told himself, but that didn't help much. Food sounded like a good idea; he was very hungry, that was true but...

But it still hurts.

He bit his lip. He could feel tears burning at his eyes, but he didn't want them, not now, not ever. His nightmare was over - or at least it should have been. He suppressed a sob, just barely, as it sunk in. His mother, his father, his aunts and uncles he would never see again, his friends, grandparents, his life - all gone. Erik felt very hollow, like somehow all the joy in him at his rescue had been sucked out and remained trapped in the camp behind him. They'd taken everything except his life.

He shook harder and could hold it back no more. Erik Lensherr's shoulders drooped and he slumped into the kind captain before him, the man that had saved his life, and wept openly.

Now he knew that the hurt would never leave, that it would always be there like an itching scar. There was something else in that thought that would strike him later as very powerful, very inspiring, but he could not focus on it. The dark night was over, and his dreams had been real.

He cried and did not know if he would ever stop, but eventually the tears slowed and his eyes were raw and red. Erik Lensherr tried to stand straight, to walk away untouchable by the city of hate behind him, but they had hurt him.

"I'm- I'm hungry," he said at last, biting at his lip lest the tears take him again. "I want to go now. Please."

Tag: Ramza

3. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Kathy Cooper
    New York City

Kathy flinched away as Herman put his hand on her. As well-meaning as this guy was, she still didn't entirely trust him.

?I know that it must hurt, Jean. This is your home and I promise we will come back and help build, but.? His voice dropped and Kathy strained to listen. ?Right now, there are U.S Jets headed this way. I think they are going to use an airstrike to stop the monster, which means that everything is going to get blown away in the blast.?

"What?!"

Kathy's mind reeled and she could only just concentrate on what Herman said next. Dimly, she noticed him indicating the entrance to a shelter down the street.

?That?s the only place we have found that can fit all these people. Can you make sure everyone keeps their heads down and gets somewhere safe??

"I don't... how?"

But Herman wasn't listening. Sighing to herself, Kathy pressed her fingers to her temples, did her best to ignore her headache, and swept the surrounding area for stragglers. She was pretty sure that her group had been the last few people in the area, but she wanted to be sure. As she touched the other minds in the area, she did her best to give them a picture of the shelter and the feeling of safety. Hopefully that would prompt them to start moving there.

[TAG blu]

4. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Raven Jamison
    Los Angeles, Ca - Busy Intersection

Raven looked on the little man as he puckered his lips in such a way that reminded Raven of a child. He was insisting that his chair was his friend. Raven sighed. Was he not going to listen and get out of harms way.

Then all of sudden his demeanor changed. Instead of the sad expression, the little man was as happy as can be. Raven was completely baffled at the little man?s transformation. That wasn?t all. He took her hand and said ?Hold tight.? Raven was about to say something but didn?t have the chance.

Something extraordinary happened. Raven could not believe her eyes. The street disappeared along with the traffic, only to be replaced with a rooftop of a tall building. Her mouth was opened wide as her eyes said it all. The shock on her face could not be missed, but her mouth formed a wide smile as she looked around her new surroundings.

"There, now we won't get hit." A look of deep thought, then confusion crossed the little man?s face. "Though I am not sure who was going to hit us in the first place."

Then he snapped his fingers and Raven watched as the pieces of the once broken chair was put back together. It was like magic!

?How did you do that?? her voiced was almost a whisper with a tone of excitement. A comical grin appeared over the man?s face as if he had a secret.

Raven thought she was the only person that was different in this world. She thought she was all alone. Her father never letting her go out on her own, protecting her from people who would not understand her. Could it be that this little man in front of her was also special. Of course he was. And she was not alone in this world.

?Sir, do you know magic? she said this time much louder as she continued to look out in to the city, now far above.

TAG: Dink, Blu

5. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Tee and Dinkus, if you would, continue playing off each other. I am intrigued to see where this takes you two and I am enjoying reading. Also, the following players that have been alerted about their time skip posts, if you would, please start considering where you would like to go with it and PM me with ideas if we have not talked about it in depth.

Los Angeles

Gambit smiled at the young lady as they set out under the busy highway until they came across a small Italian restaurant. Gambit, with his trench coat, raggedy leather pants, and purple shirt, and Zero with her similarly less than appropriate clothing were very out of place, but Gambit didn?t even mind as he walked into the place and sweet talked the host for a seat. The woman became mesmerized by Gambit?s vernacular and accent and they were seated within 5 minutes, even Pauly was allowed.

As they took their seats, Gambit began shuffling cards as they ordered drinks, he asked for Pepsi and ordered for Zero, for obvious reasons after asking what she wanted. He lounged back and looked at Zero, his piercing gaze and honest grin. ?So, I take it from the reactions, or lack thereof, are because of your power? You?re a mutant, lovie. Like me, right? What?s your deal??

With an emphasis on deal, he slid a card across the table to Zero. It was an ace of hearts.

----
    Kiara?s mother could read her daughter?s facial expression as she sprinted out of the car. Jo followed suit quickly, opening her door and chasing after her daughter, screaming her name. People were beginning to take notice of what was happening and were getting out of their cars as well to stop the young girl, but no one could reach her before she jumped. Jo saw her daughter?s body disappear over the siding milliseconds before she got there and, with her daughter?s life on the line, Jo did not think of anything, instead leaping over the railing after her daughter and grabbing Kiara?s ankle.

Time seemed to slow as Kiara would realize that not just her life was in danger now, but her mother?s as well. There was no one to help them, but that did not mean they were helpless as they drifted towards the highway below them, rushing with busy cars.

Tag: Ktala, Spacey

------
    San Francisco

Wally laughed and clapped his hands as Gavin came rushing back in, obviously having taken a tumble from too much speed as his clothes were ripped and his shoes were done for. Damage, however, was not quite so amused by John?s ability. The large man punched the floor, leaving a dent in it and making Wally shout, and rushed towards John, angrier than an ox. He would have killed John, had Raven not opened a portal and sent him back home.

After he was gone, Wally, still stressed about the hole in his floor, rubbed his temples. ?Okay, before anything else gets destroyed?? He tossed John the keys to his car. ?Take Gavin home and you go home too. John, Raven will be there to train you tomorrow, Gavin, Beast Boy will meet up with you. Now all of you?get the hell out.?

Tag: Reynar, UnknownRogue

------
    Deadzone

The man turned a page in his book and looked at Cletus Kassidy. He ran a hand in a deep crevice of his face. ?God?That is a peculiar word you mortals use. Though I suppose by your limited definition, we could be considered such. My name is Horkos and yes, I can do something for you.?

The giant demon beside the man began to take interest in their conversation, but merely continued to devour each being that came in front of him, as he was accustomed to do. Carnage was only 2 people away from its appointment with the monster.

?I assume you would like to have life again, and it appears that He has need for someone with your abilities. You would be required to go to a point,? Horkos opened a visual image of the universe with his right hand?s index finger and after some scaling down, pointed to a spot of where a planet used to be, nothing but chunks of rock floated around now. ?In the universe and retrieve a casket and direct it to Apokolips.?

The words thems

6. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    CLASSIFIED FILE #9374665
    THE 'WONDER WOMAN' INCIDENT
    REPORT BY LT. E. CANDY

PROFILE: CODENAME 'WONDER WOMAN'
    NAME: Princess Diana of Themyscira
    HEIGHT: 6'0''
    WEIGHT: 130 lbs
    HAIR COLOUR: Black
    EYE COLOUR: Grey
    RACE: 'Amazon' N.B Subject appears ethnically Greek- Candy
    KNOWN LANGUAGES: English, German, 'Themysciran' (N.B The boffins identified it as a dialect of Ancient Greek- Candy), indicates aptitude for learning languages quickly (initially only spoke Themysciran)
    KNOWN POWERS AND ABILITIES: Subject is super strong (lifting a tank in tests), semi-invulnderable, and can fly. She is inhumanly fast and can use her heightened reflexes to deflect bullets with her metal bracelets (see attached report), a feat made possible, she tells us, by extensive warrior training. The subject also carries a glowing golden lariat or lasso which she claims can compel those caught inside to tell the truth. Further testing required.
    FURTHER DETAILS: Codename 'Wonder Woman' identifies her home as Themyscira, an island containing a lost tribe of Amazons isolated from what she calls 'man's world' for centuries. Apparently our L.T's little accident was the first they've heard of Hitler, but they sent her to bring him back and help. There was more about gods and 'the madness of Ares': I've attached a transcript of the interview.

NOTE: I have interviewed everyone extensively and I don't think Steve is lying, General- and 'Diana' complied with every step of the process. She just wants to help us. If my opinion's worth anything, I think we should let her.

[b]Kathy Cooper[/b]
    [i]New York City[/i]

Kathy crouched inside the shelter, feeling the earth shake as the missiles detonated above her. Using all her concentration, Kathy used her powers to project a feeling of peace into the minds of everyone in the shelter. Once again, blood trickled down her upper lip and her head was pounding, but she pushed through it as best she could. If somebody started to panic in this confined space, it would all be over.

The lights flickered and somewhere a woman moaned: there were wounded everywhere. Kathy was reminded of the subway car the day before, and wondered if this was going to be her life now.

"How much longer?" she asked Herman, as quietly as she could. "Can you sense what's going on outside?"

[b][TAG blu, yuul][/b]

7. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    New York City

Herman was covering a mother and her children when he heard Kathy's voice, it was faint. He didn't answer for a couple seconds until he was sure everything was okay Reassuring the mother that everything was okay, Herman crawled over to Kathy. He was breathing hard and veins were in his face. He had been using his powers as well, Kathy would sense, and he was nearing his end.

"Everything is fine, the attack is..." He waited to confirm. "It is over, but half the city is in ruins. The monster...I don't sense his anger anymore. But, Kathy, we have done everything we can do for these people, right now, and we need to be going."

He pointed towards Kathy's mother. She was hunched over on her knees with her palms to the ground, breathing deep and uncontrollably. "It has reached its limit, and so have I. And we wont be able to make the trip back to the mansion if we don't move fast. The doctor is doing what he can now to give everyone food and supplies." It was then that Kathy would realize that throughout the explosions and subsequent rumbling, she had been hearing a mumbling chant of indecipherable words, on a very low level. In the back of the shelter, food and water and supplies were appearing to take form out of thin air, seemingly at the beckoning of the man she had been introduced to as the Doctor.

Herman tried to get her to focus. "Did you still want to come with us? You can train yourself to be able to fight things like this from happening; the suffering of people."

Tag: Livi

8. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Heather King
    New York City - New York - USA

Using her newly acquired upper body strength, Heather grasped the fireman?s hand and propelled herself onto the fire truck. In between her gasps and wheezes, she held onto the sidebar. The fire truck began speeding along again.

?Good job! We got a call from the military to get as far away from here as possible!?

The fireman shouted at her over the engine of the fire truck. Now they were heading to the hospital. Heather thought about simply jumping off the fire truck and transforming back into the real Heather. It would prevent further complications. But Heather decided going to the hospital might be fun. The surge of happiness from rescuing someone was overpowered by Heather?s need to cause panic. She wanted to cause panic. Craved panic like she craved potato chips. Suddenly, a flash of unexplained flames. She could see the street she just been on. The explosions were deafening from the bombings. After a couple of moments, the explosions went quiet. Heather?s eyes burned with tears as she thought of the people who might have been caught under the bombs. The United States Military had bombed their own city. Heather could understand what they had been thinking, but if they were unable to stop the creatures, what made them think a couple of bombs would. She was shaking and quivering in fear. She had only shook twice before.

Many, many years ago. . .

It was little Heather?s fourth birthday party. A couple of friends were over. Mean little brutes, really, but her mother could stand them long enough to please her pride and joy. Heather?s father was preparing Heather?s best present. A pony. The birthday party was like one from other little kids? dreams. A three layer birthday cake. Banners with her name strung all over the mansion. Family conversing. It would?ve been Heather?s favorite birthday party, had what happened next not have happened.

Heather blew out her candles. Made a wish. Everyone cheered. Heather hugged her mother tightly. At this moment, she loved her mother deeply. So deeply. She whispered a thank-you even as her mother?s tears wet her shoulder. This was Heather?s high of the party.

The moment her stomach started churning, Heather excused herself to the bathroom. As she looked into the mirror -

?AHHH!?

Heather screamed. In the mirror was her mother. Trembling, Heather reached her hand out to the mirror. She noticed her own hand. It was long. Slender. A wedding ring. Unable to comprehend what was happening, Heather started crying. And seeing her mother cry was even worse. Someone was knocking at the bathroom door. She sobbed. She just wished she could be herself again.

And so she was. Like a flick of a light switch.

Now

That was the beginning of much training to control her powers when she touched someone. It was actually entertaining after so long. Being able to become someone else on will. She became the pet pony. Became Daddy. Became Mommy again. At school, she became some of her friends and would go behind their back and cause fights. It was very fun. Once Heather graduated high school. . .life was blurry. She wanted it to be. She didn?t want to remember those times. And suddenly, she was a teacher at a low budget school. And now she was here. This was the first time she had used her powers for good. It felt nice. Good. Heather stared at the flames of the street she had just been on. They danced in her eyes. Memories. Too many of them.

TAG: blu

9. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    IC: Marric Johnson
    New York City

It had seemed an eternity. From when the roar of the jets was first heard and the first shock wave from the first bomb to when it all ended. The repeated rumblings and resounding booms as each bomb and missile struck, sending out a shock wave that shook the shelter. The frightened crying and screaming of the people surround him and their entire lives were blow apart. But for Marric, it was the silent ones, the almost expressionless one that were the hardest to look at. They looked defeated somehow, like they had already given up hope despite the fact that they would live. He wondered if his own expression was similar.

He mentally shook his head. It couldn't be though, he had hope. The hope of have someone to help him with this curse, perhaps even enough to turn it into a beneficial gift. No, he had not given up on hope. as the eternity began to end, and the bombings slowly ceased, Marric kept his eyes on the being that looked like his sister worriedly, she, he, or whatever it truly was seemed to be somehow exhausted. Hunched over on its knees and breath deeply. Marric hoped they left soon. He could blame the whole crisis if his family wondered what took him so long to get back afterward. If he was able to get back that is. And even if he wasn't, he'd made his choice.

Tag: Blu, Livi

10. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Matthew Berger aka Solid
    Bus Station, New York 2005

He had not thought of how empty the place would be at this time. But it had probably made it only a better place for Wesley to hide. Matthew watched his tormentor for a minute, while making a plan how to try and kill him. then someone did the job for him. A shot into the stomach of the man. A gangster, hoodlum. Or a man who looked like one. Wesley had certainly many enemies. But Matthew would have bet his money on Gilroy behind this.

He stayed back. He felt numb. Exhausted. The gun in his pocket and his mind racing and tumbling through it´s line of thoughts. When Wesley wrote the words with blood on the busstop Matthew knew the man was dyng. He could have made him come over. He could have forced Matthew. except he couldn´t do it anymore. Dying was a painful thing. Stomach wounds were the worst he had heard. Slowly Matthew walked over. The gun in his jacket and his eyes fixed on his enemy.

He positioned himself right in front of Wesley and stared at the young man. "Despite what you did to me and Olivia I am happy soomeone else did it." He said honestly. Obviously Wesley could still read his mind. That was why he knew Matthew was here, probably.

"Talk? Must be important. You have only a feww minutes before the blood loss kills you."

Tag: blue

11. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    New York City, 2005

Wesley only tilted his head to the side at Matthew. "I am happy someone else did it too. You need to reestablish your innocence and path, Matthew for the coming storm will need leaders and heroes." He coughed hard and wiped his mouth. "My kind will need beings like you when he comes to claim this world. Your kind will need beings like you as well."

Wesley stood and inched towards Matthew. "If you want to know the truth, look for the blue one. He knows everything I've told you to be true, and he must know of my death."

He turned and eyed the markings he had drawn on the window. They were hieroglyphics, and Matthew wouldn't be able to read them. The young man placed a palm to Matthew's chest and all of the markings on Matthew Berger's body disappeared. The blood spilled out from Wesley's wound and he looked to the sky. "I am done." And slumping to the ground, he moved no more.

Tag: Fin

12. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Mary and Pauly
    Los Angeles

WOW!

Mary could not get enough of the smile that Gambit was giving her. She was still somewhat carefully of the guy, but he just seemed so, so nice and friendly. His smile seemed so sincere. Then again, it could just be because she was so starved for someone to talk to. But it was nice, in any case.

Gambit smiled at her as they set out under the busy highway until they came across a small Italian restaurant. Gambit walked in, and in a few minutes with him talking with his accent, they had a table. It was GREAT!!!
    Sitting down, she moved to the other side of the table, so it would hide the fact that she took out Pauly, and fed him one of the wonderful breadsticks while they waited for their food. Of course, it was quite funny, watching the lady look at him funny, when he put in two orders. Maybe they thought he was REALLY hungry. Zero held back a giggle.
    As they took their seats, Gambit began shuffling cards as they ordered drinks, he asked for Pepsi and ordered for Zero, for obvious reasons asking what she wanted. Mary reached over, and slurped on her drink. He lounged back and looked at Zero, his piercing gaze and honest grin. "So, I take it from the reactions, or lack thereof, are because of your power? You?re a mutant, lovie. Like me, right? What?s your deal?"With an emphasis on deal, he slid a card across the table to Zero. It was an ace of hearts.

Mary looked up from her soda, just as Pauly gave her a head bob. She looked over at Pauly...he was right. So Gambit was a mutant... Like her? Well, not quite. Mary looked over at him, with a quizzical look on her face.

"Mutant, huh? Well...kinda figured out that part." She took another slurp from her drink. The smell of all the good food was getting to her. She looked back at Gambit. "What you mean, whats my deal? This pretty much it." She looked at him with a grin. "Nothing seems me...well, ALMOST nuthin!" Mary smiled me. "No people, most animals, cameras, electronics...No see. No hear. N'uthing." She shrugged her shoulders. "I got the pick of any place I want to stay. Nobody gonna bother me. And with Pauly here..." Mary reached down to rub Pauly's feathers on the top of his head...well, it gives me someone to talk to...."

Mary's smile faded abit, as she reached over, grabbing a breadstick. She plunked it down into the sauce, and took a big bite. Wow, that was great. She sighed softly.

"Course...it gets kinda lonely sometimes...."

Mary was glad the food came at that time. She didnt dare look up at Gambit as she plowed into her meal. She shared a noodle with Pauly as they began to eat.

TAG: blu

13. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Matthew Berger aka Solid
    New York 2005

He watched the man fall and then looked down on him. It was a strange feeling of regret inside of him. Despite the man had done unspeakable things, Matthew had known no other mutant except him. Well, obviously Wesley made a difference there. His kind needed Matthews and the other way around. Tell the blue one. He needs to know. Blue one. What could that be? A blue one. Nothing political certainly.

He would need to find out later. The last words of a dying man had meaning, even if it was your enemy. Especially if it was your enemy. Olivia was on her way to safety, hopefully. Gilroy would be hunting him soon enough. The press article would probably help. And then he had a mission from a dead man. Find a blue guy and see if this Darkseid thing was madness of a deluded mind or actually real.

Matthew pushed the hood of his sweater of his head and turned. The police would find Wesley and take care of him. He would be gone by then. Gilroy could harldy send policemen after him. So maybe he was lucky and they would not try to press charges after him.

His career as a scientist had ended. He was aware of that. What remained of him was . . .

SOLID.

Tag: blue (time jump? After my holdiday?)

14. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Los Angeles

He observed how the girl attacked her food. It appeared like the girl was not used to getting food of the type in a restaurant. She was a street kid and Gambit could respect that. They were both the riff-raff of society, ignored and forgotten about, but they were still humans and, in Zero's case, some of them were still kids. Gambit began to chow down himself, tearing through basket after basket of breadsticks.

Gambit swallowed a meatball and pat his stomach. "Hey, lil miss. You don't have a place to stay, do ya?" Gambit took a rolled up ball of money and tossed it Zero. "Take that and get a hotel room for yourself. You shouldn't be wandering the streets."

Tag: Ktala

15. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Mary and Pauly
    Los Angeles

Mary was really enjoying her meal. The spaghetti in this place was GREAT!! And the food was hot, the breadsticks wonderful...and fresh grated cheese! Mary was in heaven. She slurped down her food, she and Pauly were enjoying themselves. Mary didnt look up until Gambit started talking.

Gambit swallowed a meatball and pat his stomach. "Hey, lil miss. You don't have a place to stay, do ya?" Gambit took a rolled up ball of money and tossed it Zero. "Take that and get a hotel room for yourself. You shouldn't be wandering the streets."

Mary's eyes got big, as she looked at the huge ball of money he had tossed at her. She had not really seen that much money before in one spot. Nor had anyone ever offered her that much money before. I mean, he was simply giving it too her. She stared at it for a moment, before she slowly reached for it, and took a few bills from it. She then handed the rest back to him, a sad look on her face, as she spoke gently. "You should use it, to help others." She then shook her head. "You dont get it, do you?" she slumped down in her seat with a sigh. It was alright. She could understand why. She then looked back up at the handsome Gambit. "I can't turn 'this'...off. It's ALWAYS on. Money dosent do you any good, when you cant check in to a place, because nobody sees or hears you. Oh...I can make reservations online...but checking in is a pain." She then decided that she was sounding waaay to depressing, and then perked back up.

"Besides, if I find a place I like, I just walk in. Yeah..I might have to share it with a jerk..but they dont see or hear me. It's kinda like leaving the radio on all night. I can stay at a house for a few days...then I move on. Sometimes, I get lucky..Find someone who can see me. But mostly kids. You're the first adult to see me in a long time. Zero laughed. "Pauly here saw me. He saved my life."

"Raaa. Pauly eat...Pauly eat." Pauly decided to chime into the conversation, as he now tried to drink some water from a goblet she sat on the seat, to hide him. Mary chuckled softly, and went back to eating her meal. It was a nice gesture, really. So much money. It had been so tempting. She could have even given it to a few folks. She still could, with what she took. But she didnt really need that much money. She had enough. She ate...she just didnt get much of the fancy stuff. They didnt tend to 'deliver.' She looked down, away from Gambit. It was hard looking at the man's eyes. She simply needed a friendly voice for abit. She went back to her meal, staying quiet. She had a quick thought, if she should make him forget her too. At the moment, she decided no. It was nice to have someone to talk to, and who knew your name. Yes, she decided that he should stick around for a while longer. Mary polished off her meal, happily. She had ordered a desert. A big, fancy desert. She really looked forward to it.

Tag: blu

16. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Los Angeles

Gambit sat in silence for a little while until it came time to order their desserts. After Zero ordered hers, Gambit decided to get a chocolate lava chocolate cake, though felt it was alittle out of place in an italian restaurant. He rested his arm on the back of his booth. "I's sorry, lil miss. I guess I didn't fully appreciate yur predicament. Must be hard to not be noticed by anyone." He clicked his teeth. "Well, the least I can do tonight is get a room for ya, love. They may not mind ya bein there, but a young lady needs her privacy. Least I can do."

The desserts came and Gambit bit into the soft cake, chocolate erupting onto his face, which he then played off as a lava monster that tried to scare Zero, playfully. He wiped his face and paid the bill, tapping his lip with his finger. "I don't know how I got here, lil miss. Me done some bad things in my life." He leaned across the table and smiled at Zero. "Remember, everyone has problems, lil miss. Its about how you solve em. You know?" His eyes sparkled again before he grabbed a breadstick, stuff one end in his mouth, and broke a small piece off for pauly.

Tag: Ktala

17. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    OOC: Matt/blu: Little FYI, my personal fanon had been that rather than Stark Industries being the province of one man as in a standard universe, the "Stark Brothers" are seen as the company heads. No dramas. :D

Iron Bat

Washington DC

He listened.

JARVIS and the suit's voiceprint ID had already exposed Luthor's identity, which was bad enough, but now there was talk about something called a Sentinel, a wash of static, and then Stone mentioning his wife and girlfriend.
    Tony heard it, too. "He'll be heading for his car, I guess. Better get ready."

TAG: Matt, blu

18. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Mary and Pauly
    Los Angeles

Gambit sat in silence for a little while until it came time to order their desserts. After Zero ordered hers, Gambit decided to get a chocolate lava chocolate cake. She had chocolate cheesecake. Gambit leaned back in the seat, and then spoke up. "I's sorry, lil miss. I guess I didn't fully appreciate yur predicament. Must be hard to not be noticed by anyone."' He clicked his teeth, and she simply shrugged. "Well, the least I can do tonight is get a room for ya, love. They may not mind ya bein there, but a young lady needs her privacy. Least I can do." Zero gave a happy squeel. "Oh, THANK YOU!. That would be nice to be able to take a BATH...a REAL BATH!" she said with a laugh. Even if they cant see me...its still kinda...pervy. Know what I mean!"

The desserts came and Gambit bit into the soft cake, chocolate erupting onto his face, which he then played off as a lava monster that tried to scare Zero, playfully. Zero laughed as she ate her cheesecake, rolling her eyes at the 'lava monster'. Gambit was funny. And fun. She giggled. He wiped his face and paid the bill, tapping his lip with his finger. Gambit leaned across the table and smiled at Zero. "Remember, everyone has problems, lil miss. Its about how you solve em. You know?" His eyes sparkled again before he grabbed a breadstick, stuff one end in his mouth, and broke a small piece off for Pauly.

Zero found it hard to break away from Gambit's look. When he grabbed a breadstick, she leaned back, looking at her dessert. Folks got trouble. That she knew. Everyone does have problems. She saw it in the houses that she sometimes visited. Jobs were hard to come by. There were plenty of street folks out there. But solve them? That was the tricky part. How do you solve not being there? But she had her rules. She didnt steal from folks in need. If she could, she would try and leave money behind. She didnt take anything needed from a house. She took old stuff, thrown away stuff. Only a few things she took from a store. She would steal from a thief however. She also left food behind, when she didnt have money for stuff. But she knew she could happily steal away like mad. But it felt wrong.

She silently ate her dessert, as she chuckled, watching Pauly trying to stuff his greedy face, like he had not eaten in years. He was going to be sooo fat. She smiled. Might as well let him have his fun.

When it was time to leave, Zero decided to give Gambit a great big hug. "Thanks! The food was great! I really owe you one!" she said smiling. It was nice being in touch with at least one person. And she was really looking forward to a room, all to herself. Radio. TV. BATH!! Yes, this day was really looking up!

Tag: blu

19. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Adrian Luthor

They stood. They shook hands. They went off in opposite directions. The senator was oblivious. Adrian remained on alert.

Mutants would hardly be the biggest issue in the coming days. No man was. They closest they'd ever come to a real threat had been Osterman, and Osterman was a god. No, these mutants were men, and the biggest mistake being made by the United States government was in making them feel that they weren't. They were powerful, and could be an asset. Alienating them would only result in causing them to alienate themselves. If they began to feel they had no allegiance to mankind, then they would have no debt to them either, no sympathy. They would become dangerous, as Osterman had. No, this Senator's plan was a poor one. A very poor one.

But if his name was not attached, then this project did not officially exist. And if it didn't exist, then it, technically, could never be considered stolen.

Oh, the good Senator would never see this file again.

Men were not threats, but extraterrestrial intelligences were another story. The tech LuthorCorp had recovered in the lunar projects, so far top secret and being hidden even from the government, was not of Earth origin. It was a wreck, but his scientists were working around the clock to reverse engineer it and find applications for it, particularly for the odd, glowing green mineral referred to so far as "element zero" but whose odd luminescence reminded the scientists of certain noble gasses and had earned it the monniker "kryptonite." One could never be sure about extraterrestrials, and when first contact happened, Earth would need to be prepared. Time and time again, worlds had been destroyed by more advanced colonists - Europe ravaged the world, after all. But this...this was new, for the primitive natives, the people of Earth, would be prepared with reverse engineered alien technology. Applied to these "sentinels," it could be potentially very useful, very useful indeed. And the technological advantage would not only help defend the world from vile, alien oppressors...but it would put LuthorCorp far, far ahead of the Stark brothers.

Luthor walked at a clip to his car.

TAG: Saint, GM

20. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    John Rose
    San Francisco

Wally tossed John the keys to his car. "Take Gavin home and you go home too. John, Raven will be there to train you tomorrow. Gavin, Beast Boy will meet up with you. Now all of you... get the hell out."

John looked at the keys and then back at Wally. "You want me to go home? To L.A.? With your car?"

Tag: Blu

21. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    San Francisco

Wally looked puzzled at John. "Didn't I just say that? John, I could beat you guys home if I wanted to. But right now, I'm tired." He stretched out on the couch, feeling his nose to see if it was broken. "Wait, tell me you have your license?"

Tag: Reynar

22. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    John Rose
    San Francisco

John reached down to his pockets and felt the familiar and reassuring protrusion of his wallet.

"Yep, got it." He looked over at Gavin. "You ready to go?"

Tag: Blu, UnknownRogue

23. Dinkus_Mayhem

Dinkus_Mayhem Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2006
    Puck
    Los Angeles, Ca - Building Rooftop

?How did you do that?? The young woman said, her voice just above a whisper. ?Sir, do you know magic?" she said this time much louder as she continued to look out in to the city, now far above.

A ridiculous little giggle escaped from Puck as he considered the question. "Doesn't everone?" Where Puck came from all beings were magical to some extent or another. Though his nature of magic was more like trickery than it was like the powerful magic of the Elves and other beings known to him, though that could be due to his intent. He liked to have fun, and the way his magic manifested itself reflected that mentality.

With this in mind he looked at the young woman, curious now about her nature. She was as beautiful as an Elven maid, but didn't have the same ears. Though maybe she had a birth defect, but he didn't think so. Surely she was special, of that he had a sense.

As he inspected his chair for flaws he glanced towards the young woman and asked, "What can you do?". Since nobody in the realm where he lived lacked some kind of magical ability or skill, the thought of her having no special talent never crossed his mind.

Tag: TEE, Blu

24. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Kathy Cooper
    New York City

"Did you still want to come with us? You can train yourself to be able to fight things like this from happening; the suffering of people."

Kathy looked around, and something inside of her snapped. Maybe it was crouching here in this shelter and the feeling of utter helplessness that permeated the atmosphere. Maybe it was seeing that horrific creature for the second time in as many days. Maybe it was getting thrown out of Banner's mind. Maybe it was simply using her power so much after years of dormancy. Whatever it was, it made everything clear. Her home was destroyed. Her city was under attack. People had come for her, for her powers, and they would probably come again. This whole thing was insane, and Kathy decided to stop fighting it and see where it took her.

"Sure." she said, her mouth cracking into a smile. "Let's be super heroes."

[TAG blu, yuul]

25. UnknownRogue

UnknownRogue Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2008
    IC: Gavin Carlyle

Gavin was droping the remains of his tattered shoes in the trash.

"Yeah, Sure John." Gavin replied.

It had been a long day, and if he was right, training would be a pain in the ass tomorrow.

"I actually live in New York...I don't really have a place here in California just yet."

TAG: Reynar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.