main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Orlando System Newbie Welcome Thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Gay-LenKenobi, Mar 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wookiepoop

wookiepoop Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 3, 2001
    whats up !!! my name is randall and i live in lake mary but i'm moving to oviedo in a few weeks im 23, i've never been to any of the meeting but i would like to join up now. so if you guys wanna meet up for a showing of Attack Of The Clones lets plan something !

2. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    I, too, am in Winter Springs, and while it is now too late to meet in order to see the premier (12:01am showing tomorrow at Disney, digital!), if anyone local ever wants to meet to see it or for any other reason, please just drop me a line.

I introduced myself before, but just incase: I'm 25, graduated from UCF in 1999, going back in 2003 for my masters, and, well, again, I live in Winter Springs. =)

Again, feel free to send me an e-mail or post a reply here.

Brandon
    bwolgast@cfl.rr.com

3. JamieBear2k

JamieBear2k Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2002
    Hey I am a highschool student going to see the digital screening at 12:01 at AMC Pleasure Island 24. I bet I am one of the very few black people who view theforce.net so I guess it won't be very hard to spot me at the movie. If anyone ever sees 3 black kids standing together, be sure to say "Hi!", we will warmly greet you. I think i will be wearing a "Dream Come True" shirt and probably be playing with lightsabers - see you guys there!

4. master-christine

master-christine Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    Hi everyone! I am new to the area. I just moved here three months ago for a job at Florida Hospital. I have been looking for other Star Wars fans to celebrate the release of Episode II. I hope to be able to meet with some of you in the future.

5. SeaTrooper

SeaTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2001
    Welcoome to all of you!

6. xfkirsten

xfkirsten Jedi Youngling

Oct 14, 2001
    Hi everyone! I'll jump on the bandwagon. :) I'm a newbie here too... I'm not officially in Florida yet, but arriving in Orlando in 12 days! :)

Anyways, I'm 19/f. :) I've been a Star Wars fan since I was in grade school. I'm in San Diego at the moment, but am moving to Orlando at the end of the month to work at Disney World for the next seven months.

Sadly, I've only seen Episode II once so far, because I'm a ways from the theater here, I don't have a car or have any friends with a car, and the bus system is awful. :( I would have gone again tonight at the DLP theater, but I really don't wanna walk through San Diego at 3 am by myself when the movie lets out, ya know? :)

Well, hope to see you all around! :)

-Kirsten

7. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    All of these new poeple!!! Welcoome to the Sunshine State!!!
    Stay tuned to when the next meeting is going to be, and get your bowling shoes ready.
    Talk to folks, visit the Welcome Forums, get involved as much as you can handle and have fun.
    Buzz

8. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    Oooooooo more potential bowlers!

Welcome to Florida.

I can't wait to meet you all.

Oh yeah, if you'rewondering about bowling shoes, check out the thread

"Just an Idea."

9. Destiny_Skywalker

Destiny_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2000
    Hi!

I'm an aerospace engineering student at Florida Tech, but I'm up in Chicago for the summer. But when I get back I think it would be fun to do some stuff with you guys. So thought I would say hi now. :)

10. Rogue428

Rogue428 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 9, 2001
    Welcome aboard!!

11. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Hey, Destiny, what year are you? I graduated from Florida Tech in May 2001 in Space Sciences and I now live in Titusville.

Say hi to Lake Michigan for me--I lived in the Milwaukee area my whole life and I miss the Midwest. :)

Welcome aboard, everyone!

-Katie
    Thumper
    who finally decided to be sociable and is now having some weird undergrad flashbacks...

12. Cigam Retah

Cigam Retah Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 1999
    It's been so long since I've posted, I feel a bit like a newbie myself! *blushes*

Just to clue you new folks in, I'm Cigam Retah, aka Jeff Hennon. I'm the alleged City Rep for Orlando, I occasionally attend classes, and do indeed have a fondness for that Galaxy Far Far away.

13. RebelCommando

RebelCommando Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    Hello Everybody,
    My name is Frank from Union Park and I have attended a few of the "Orlando FanFilm Club" meetings up in Altimonte Springs.
    I like movies and some of my favorites in the sci-fi genre are the Planet of The Apes films, Tremors (All three), Dune, Outland, Aliens (The first 2), and Star Trek.
    I have had some experience in film work from helping out a couple of students while I attended Valencia Community College.
    I also had some training in making masks/appliances and related interests.... I have read a few books about stage sets and directing films and writing screenplays.
    And I write poetry and short stories on occassion.

I am surprised to see many of you are going to UCF and some of you live and work at Waterford Lakes. And I see a couple are from Winter Springs, Casselberry and Winter Park.
    I live in Union Park near Valencia (East Campus), UCF, Waterford, and Bithlo so my brother and I are familiar with these areas and popular streets such as Alafaya, Aloma, Colonial, Goldenrod, University, etc.

My brother is TrekLord and he has attended meetings with me. We didn't rush to see the premiere of Episode2 (due to all the confusion in planning-not because we are unsociable), but we plan to see it when it hits the "dollar" theatre and we can enjoy the film (No loud people or crowds) and munch on hotdogs. "Dinner and a Movie"!!!
    Any of you that would like to communicate with us please feel free to do so and if you ask us to, we'll gladly stop by your store if you work in Waterford or nearby and introduce ourselves.

14. rom8girl

rom8girl Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2002
    Hello Orlando FL forum,
    I'm new to this forum as well..been here only about a week and a half. I have been a huge star wars fan since it's orginal release in 1977 when I was 6 years old!! I've been following it ever since.
    I'm am 31 years old, single and I'm currently a full time college student at Warner Southern College, studying to become a Minister/missionary.
    I credit, the Star Wars films, George Lucas and God of course :)..for helping me to make my decesion to go into the ministry..See, the movies really do speak volumes :)
    I love this forum and find the posts funny, (disturbing at times :)..just kiddint), insightful, thought provoking and all from die hard fans..
    Too everyone at the Forum..May the force be with you always :):)

15. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    Welcome everyone.

I'm not new, but I figured I'd introduce myself to those of you who have never met me.

I'm Mandy, I'm 14, I start high school in August. I've been a big fan for four years.

I've attended several of the meetings. I don't live in Orlando though. I live 2 hours south on the east coast.

I also want to let everyone here know about the bowling party that we're having this Saturday June 8th.

Feel free to come even if you're new. It's $9.25 a person.

If you want to know more about it, just check out the following thread.

June 8th Bowling party.

Or just call me at 561-337-2581. If you get an answering machine, just leave a message, or call, 561-337-4077 and ask for Amanda.

Bye.

16. RebelCommando

RebelCommando Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    Hello Everybody,
    Any of you who might stop back by this thread are encouraged to say Hello.
    I mentioned various locations to make people feel included and to let some of you know you were not alone. I don't need an audience nor do I need to read myself on the web... but I was hoping for some responses. I came to say Welcome and Hello and read your past introductions.
    If you are new to this board then come back and respond again or respond on other threads. Some of the postings I read were a year old in some threads. Let people know you're still around and try to come to a meeting.

I am certain that some of you may be hesitant because meeting new people can be scary, but I've been doing it for years and it's no worse than the first day at a new school. Forget all those tabloid stories about crazy killers on the internet.
    Trust me I haven't met anybody obnoxious, anybody who has horrible body odor that would make dogs cry or tried to beat me into joining the "Dark Side" with a plastic lightsaber.
    They all know make-beleive from reality.... there isn't one kooky, mentally unbalanced person in the group I've met so far.
    They're just people like yourself.... not aliens... Well there was that one hairy guy in the back, but he swears he's not wearing a costume.

On a sad note Rogue428 is moving away and thus a new friend is leaving, but at least I got to meet him and we've had some fun.
    It started with an email and a meeting.

So don't be shy you Star Wars nuts :)

17. RebelPrincess

RebelPrincess Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2001
    Hello to my fellow Floridians! I live in Melbourne, and I also attend Florida Tech (majoring in Marine Biology). When I'm not in Melbourne, I'm in Daytona, which is also "home" for me. Anyway, yes, I'm a Star Wars nut :) Just thought I'd introduce myself! ~Sarah

18. K2H

K2H Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2002
    I just started looking at the Forums even though I've been reading TFN for years. I live in Oviedo and got my 'nickname' when the original Stars Wars came out. I am as old as Yoda (at least compared to most of you.) We had our second Stars Wars party with my neighbors in early May to get ready for the Episode II by watching Ep I and eating Star Wars food - Ewok Eats, Tie Fighter Ties, Watto-Melon, Yoda-soda,and few other appropriate snacks. I read all the novels that are written and like to talk about Star Wars so you'll probably hear from me once in a while. Don't know if I'll make it to any meetings, but I hope to get to know you at least through the postings.

19. Destiny_Skywalker

Destiny_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2000
    Thumper, I will be a junior this year. And RebelPrincess, another Tech student! :D

I wonder if I know you guys. If you know me, my first name is Nicole, and I'm majoring in aerospace engineering. I'm a Student Ambassador, Player in Harmony, Alpha Phi... yeah I do a lot...

And Thumper, if you went to Homecoming last February, I was the crazy Homecoming Queen who did the Time Warp. :)

20. RebelPrincess

RebelPrincess Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2001
    It's cool to know I'm not the only Florida Tech student here. I wonder if we've seen each other around campus? My first name is Sarah. I'm a transfer student, so this past year was my first. Haven't been involved in any organizations...yet. Anyway, just thought I'd drop in to say hi!

21. Lazarious

Lazarious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    Hello all. My name is Billy. Unlike most of you, I haven't been a Star Wars fan for very long. It wasn't until early this year that I started getting into it. It was my wife who talked me into watching Phantom Menace. After that, I was hooked. I dig the films more for their spiritual aspect than for their action, although the lightsaber fights are pretty cool. I am a Senior at UCF, and after I graduate, I plan on going on and getting a masters in Psychology. My fav. Star Wars film is ESB, b/c it has the scenes with Yoda teaching Luke, which I think are the most spiritual scenes in the whole saga (so far.) My fav. character is Qui Gonn Jinn, b/c he was rebellious, but I think he was the wisest Jedi, even more wise than Yoda. I feel this way because Qui Gonn was the only one who believed that Anakin was the chosen one. And yes, Anakin did end up causing a lot of bad stuff, but that stuff would have happened without Vader, and if there had been no Vader, there would have been nobody to throw the Emperor into the shaft.

ok, I've said too much.

22. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    Welcome to everyone of you!!!
    Enjoy the boards. There are a lot of great poeple here, and some of them are true freinds.
    It is good to have you here.
    Buzz Ryan

23. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Wow, pretty soon the FIT'ers might be able to give UCF a run for its money in this group in terms of numbers. ;) (But FIT didn't send you after me to collect more money, did they? I'm paying back my massive student loans, I swear! :p )

Sorry, I didn't make it to Homecoming. I was gwadyooated by then. In terms of clubs, I was an officer in SEDS for all of my eligible time there, so if you ever went to an event with them, chances are you saw me if it was before last May.

Pet the alligator under the bridge for me.

-Katie
    Thumper

24. Darth_Stevious

Darth_Stevious Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2002
    Hello all. I am in the process of moving into the Orlando area (Clermont) from Columbus, Ohio. I had only discovered the Columbus Fanforce (The Jedi Knights of Columbus) a few months ago, but I really enjoyed the time I got to spend as a member of their group. I am looking forward to making it to one of your meetings after my life settles down a bit from the move and all.
    Here is a little bit about me. I am 31 (32 next week). I first saw Star Wars when I was 7 in 1977 and have loved it ever since. I have a 10 year old son named Jordan who loves Star Wars as much as I do and a wife who tolerates us ;) . I graduated from The Ohio State University with a 4 year Social Work degree. I recently got a job working for a mouse. I can't think of much more to say right now, but I look forward to meeting you all at an up coming meeting (maybe July if I am lucky).

Steve
    Darth Stevious

25. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    oh my gosh!!!! I am from clermont!!! my dad and my uncle both work for the mouse...i used to work at the tower of terror...and two friends work for the mouse as well!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.