main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Orlando System Newbie Welcome Thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Gay-LenKenobi, Mar 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeaTrooper

SeaTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2001
    I am resurecting this thread. It seems like there are a lot of new people posting these days and I would like to take this opportunity to humbly welcome you all to the area, invite you to the events, and share with us your time, talent, and experience.

So there you are. Tell me about yourself.......
    Buzz

2. StickmanLt

StickmanLt Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2002
    Heya everybody. I figured since I just started a topic, I might as well say hi on this board too. I haven't been around theforce.net much, just found it through a friend. Been to one fanforce meeting in the area, but couldn't stay too long. I met some nice people, and after reading this board, I've seen that a good deal of Star Wars fans go to UCF, like I do.

I just started a thread about possibly setting up a Saberfight Club. For those that are interested, it's here on the Orlando board somewhere. I've been sparring with one friend of mine every once in a while for the last couple of weeks, and we've found that it's great fun, great exercise, and it's helping him get ready for the fan film he's hoping to make soon.

Well, just wanted to give a shout out to everybody and say hi. I'm a lifelong Star Wars fan and as of more recently, a sabermaker. And I must say, it's good to find other Star Wars fans in the area!

StickmanLt

3. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    Thanks for letting us know what you are into. I think it is great you do this but I get the hint obout what you are into. NOW show up for the meeting today and find out what the rest of the fans are doing!!!!!
    It'll be a blast.
    Buzz

4. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    I am extending the invitation to all of the newer members of the Orlando Fan Force.... the OFF?????....... to hook up with one of the more aged of residents to be shown the little nuances of our fair sromping grounds.

5. LadyDemoness

LadyDemoness Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2001
    Hello!

I'm Stephanie and I live in Satllite Beach about a couple miles from the PAFB. I'm currently enrolled at the BCC Melbourne campus. I'm twenty and enjoy Star Wars and writing (haven't done that in a long time) and drawing. I am a big fan of the Galactic Empire and I own two horses in Rockledge!

My favorite characters are:
    Admiral Piett
    General Veers [face_love]
    Grand Admiral Thrawn [face_love]
    Admiral Daala
    Director Isard
    and Admiral Pellaeon

I'll try and make it to the Sept 21st party in Wickam Park and as soon as I learn more about your weekly meetings, I'll try and make it to one of those.

Does anyone know where I can get a custom made Imperial Uniform?

6. LordGoldenArrow

LordGoldenArrow Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    Hi Stephanie!

Our meetings are monthly. <g> In place of our sept meeting we are having a BBQ!

Just hang around the boards. We'll try and keep everything simple to keep you involved. <g>

7. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    I know if you dig for it under the Costume Threads of the Fan Activities Board.
    They have some real good gounge on it. I know Lord Gita has a nice Imperial Officers costume and as soon as I finish off a couple other projects I am going start crafting one.
    Welcome to Orlando!

8. Rillao_Kun

Rillao_Kun Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 10, 2002
    Hi, Im from Puerto Rico, Im a member from the PR fan club and soon Im gonna move to Orlando so I hope to start posting here soon.

9. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    !Hola!
    !Bienvenidos!
    Mi esposa es de Ceiba.

10. Rillao_Kun

Rillao_Kun Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 10, 2002
    Cool yo soy de Caguas.

11. JPServo

JPServo Jedi Youngling

Sep 21, 2002
    Hi. I'm JP. Or Servo. Whichever you want to call me is fine. I used to live here in Orlando until I moved to West Palm Beach two years ago. But now I'm back and attending Valencia Community College (West/East Campus)so I can get my AA and go to Palm Beach Atlantic University to major in film making. Right now I'm trying to get a job at Universal Studios (they're calling me on Monday::fingers crossed::) working as a "turnstile attendant." but that could change if my friend can get me transferred to JAWS.:):Crosses fingers, again::) Anywho, I'm new. And I wanna know how to join the group. IM me at on my AOL screen name, CorbinArcher to get to know me.

Later,
    JP Servo

Oohh yeah. Episode II is being re-released on IMAX. Anyone know if there're releasing it on any of the IMAX theaters in Orlando?

12. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    We're working on that one. Not sure if there is any local though. :(

13. EmperorFett

EmperorFett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    Wow, I never thought of joining this before, but I think I will now. :)

14. _dArTh_SoLo

_dArTh_SoLo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2002
    I'm not a member...how do you join? :)

I'm morgan, 16 almost 17, jr in HS, live in Winter Springs FL. Don't have a car, don't drive, so I would need a ride to go to meetings..lol

15. JediDan

JediDan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2001
    Welcome Darth Solo. Nothing special to join. If you can make the meeting then GREAT! We should have some more info soon. Check out the regroup thread as well.

-Dan

16. Equator

Equator Jedi Youngling

Aug 11, 2002
    Hey there all. I'm a newcomer to the boards, and honestly, I don't get online as often as I'd like, so who knows how often you'll see posts from me, but what the heck, eh?

Anyway, I'm a 32 year-old Star Wars fanatic, married with twin 3 year-olds who are beginning their lightsaber training. I work at the toy store in the Altamonte Mall (gee, I wonder which one). I do hope to be able to attend a meeting sometime and get involved with the group. Talk to you all later.

--Equator

17. Emerita

Emerita Jedi Youngling

Nov 20, 2002
    Hi, I said hello in another thread, but I'll say hi here too. I'm Susan, probably one of the older folks here, but please don't let that stop you from getting to know me. Age is irreletive.... I am a nurse turned writer. I costume and have started to travel to Cons and enjoying life. I have a Jedi costume and I am starting a Boba Fett costume after the New Year....I live in Pensacola, so getting to any of the meetings will be hard, so I'll have to keep tabs on everything through these threads. I have been having fun reading all of the posts and getting to know everyone.

18. MaraJade_Skywalker

MaraJade_Skywalker Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2002
    ::waves hello to everyone:: My name's Nanci, I'm 21 and a master's student at UCF. I've posted here before but decided to make myself known. When I'm not in Orlando I'm at my mom's in Daytona, without a computer. :( I've been a Star Wars fan for over ten years now, and am going to marry Hayden Christensen. He doesn't know it yet, but he will be mine; oh yes, he will be mine. :) Anyway, just wanted to say hello, so, hello!

19. Emerita

Emerita Jedi Youngling

Nov 20, 2002
    I'll set you up with Hayden, if you'll set me up with Liam............*wink*

20. Darth_Tallwon

Darth_Tallwon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2003
    Hey all,

Ive posted a formal introduction on the site itself. hope i didnt break any rules of posting by putting down a whole new topic but I didnt see any updates to this post.
    Anybody know of any fanfilms in production that might need help?...
    If so please post i'ld love join any effort.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.