main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Orycon - Jedi in the Park?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ardavenport, Oct 12, 2011.

1. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I notice on the Orycon web page that Oregon Fan Force is listed as having a fan table this November.

http://www.orycon.org/orycon32/depts/fantables.php

I don't live in Oregon, but I have family there and try to visit over Orycon weekend. Is anyone else dressing up as Jedi for the con?

Since the convention hotel is across the street from a park, I thought it might be fun for pre-dinner, Jedi-in-the-park action with lightsabers. Since we can't carry them at Orycon -- a convention with a weapons policy so ridiculously strict that they ban lightsabers. For Orycon, I wear a cylindrical silver hairbrush with black bristles because I want something to hang from my belt. I have a long blade pocket and deep interior pockets for the hilt for carrying my lightsaber otherwise.

I was just thinking of a half hour of showing off or some lightsaber balloon tag as long as it isn't really windy or raining. I doubt we could get away with any sparring in the park. It will be getting dark fairly early then, so it should look good.

2. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    If I had a worthy Jedi costume, I would. I am one of the co-coordinators for Fan Tables, this year, for OryCon. I put the OFF up there so that we could have a presence there. But it looks like nobody will be able to attend, other than myself (and I am running another table). So what I did was put OFF with the local Mandalorian Mercs. The Mercs will invade OryCon on saturday. Any promotional materials OFF has, should get them assembled so that we can place them on the table. The Mercs are willing to share the table space.

Any other questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

By the way, Jawafett... I've been meaning to tell you, we have a table at OryCon, again, this year. I need some promo materials for the table! :)

- Bill

3. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    As for Jedi in the park, if you're not affiliated with Rebel Legion, I would say ok to go ahead and see if you can. If you are a Rebel Legion member, you should not be doing any kind of saber waving unless it's with other RL members as per RL rules and affiliation with LucasFilm. No saber sparing with children, otherwise lawsuits could fly and we don't want to be the center of a potential BIG mess.

As for the table space, thanks Aramys. I'll need to get some material together and meet up with you sometime soon.
    I will not be able to attend, so thanks for the offer.

-Eric

4. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    That's fine, man. I knew you weren't able to attend, since you told me as much the last time we spoke. But I wanted to make sure we have a venue for getting our name out. Seron Clan (local Mandalorian Mercs) will be there on Saturday. They've agreed to share table space for the OFF. So whatever you have, they will accommodate the space for us.

I will be there running the JOE / Cobra table, but will pop in on the Mercs / OFF table, from time to time. Sunday, I will be in Seattle for the Seahawks - Ravens game.

Just let me know when you want to get together and I will be sure to get our corner of the table set up on that Friday.

- Bill

5. Jershbi_Wan_Luap

Jershbi_Wan_Luap Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2011
    If it's local, I may be able to help out at the table.

Whatever I can to help the OFF.

USE ME!!

6. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I am in Rebel Legion, but I'm not thinking of anything at all like sparing, just waving around. Single person balloon tag with a lightsaber is amusing as long as there is lots of space around each person. No chance of anyone hitting anyone, but it still looks like you're doing something. But outside, wind and rain make it impossible.

Hmmmmm, Mandaloran Mercs without blasters. That will be interesting to see.

BTW, I do have Rebel Legion trading cards. Can I put some on the table?

7. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    I don't see why not. I offered both Kashyyyk Base and Cloud City Garrison the opportunity to have fantables at OryCon. Neither of them seemed to be interested. So if you are wanting to represent the Rebel Legion, at least you are doing better than the local guys, here - Jawafett excluded from that, of course.

Just stick the Rebel Legion cards next to the OFF section and all will be well.

- Bill

8. Jershbi_Wan_Luap

Aug 10, 2011
    I'll be at one of those shows. I look forward to meeting yooz guyz

9. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
  10. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Doubt I'll be able to show. School is kicking my ass these days.

11. Jershbi_Wan_Luap

Aug 10, 2011
    Fight back!!!! Bullys are for poosies. Kick that school in the junk and tell the teacher.