main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[OT] Lord of the Rings TCG

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Red84, Jan 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Decipher is doing a Tom Bombadil promotion over the next five months. It looks quite fun!

Do you guys think Tom will be Shire culture, Gandalf culture, or a new culture entirely?

2. Restrainingbolt

Restrainingbolt Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    Looks expensive too... but it should be neat. Not sure what Tom will be, given it's been awhile since I read the books. Sounds like the cards they will be redoing will more than offset the cost of picking up the promo's, let alone the boosters you'll get when making your $10 purchase. I'm personally hoping our store will allow other items to count (protectors_rook containers etc) towards the store purchase.

Personally I can't wait to see images of the alternate template art. Decipher templates are just beautiful!

R'Bolt

3. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    If I had to guess, I'd say he'll be Shire culture.

I'm hoping the store doesn't stick too strictly to this "one visit per week" deal. The closest Retail Fellowship store near me is not close enough for weekly visits. Monthly, maybe, but not weekly.

4. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    I go to my retail fellowship store every week for tournaments, so I've got it made.

5. JediKynes009

JediKynes009 Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2003
    Bombadil is just 1 of the few cards that are gonna be coming. I can't wait. Think they mentioned something about Shelob as well as one of the cards you'll be getting eventually.

6. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    Same here. Getting the promos won't be an issue from the point of view of availability in my area. My son and I go to a couple of gaming nights per week at two different locations, and both stores are major players when it comes to LOTR's.

It will be expensive, but I suppose eating out one day less per week might be worth it! :)

R'Bolt

7. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    This promo program looks very cool. It makes up nicely for the lack of AI foils that I was expecting to occupy the TT Extended Edition.

8. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    You know, with all the fun new Shadow subcultures coming out recently, it seems everyone has been forgetting the old staple: Uruks. It's really strange, even though everyone in my area plays Open, no one plays the good ol' Uruk Bomb.

So after realizing this, I put my old Gollum/Worry/Uruk deck back together, and it simply slaughtered everyone in my tourney yesterday.

9. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    Hi everyone! Just had a chance to pop in and see how everyone is.

VERY happy with my EOF boxes, including a Foil Mithrandir :) . I love the loojk of the new cards in the countdown series and the idea of the Tom Bombadil card is exciting.

Our baby was finally born! Her name unfortunatley is not a Tolkein name (though nearly succeeded in having Eowyn as the second name)but she is beautiful nonetheless.

We had a bit iof a scare as we found out she had a "pneumothorax" (collapsed lung) but all is fixed up and she is the picture of health!

I'll catch up when I can!

10. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
  11. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Ooh, there are some minor ROTK spoilers on Decipher. It looks like the Sauron culture is gonna get a 21-strength Orc. :)

12. ACloneWhoIsDifferent

ACloneWhoIsDifferent Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 12, 2003
    i hate spoilers

13. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    I love spoilers when it comes to card games. The earlier I know about upcoming cards, the sooner I can figure out how best to use them, which gives me an advantage when the cards actually come out.

14. JediKynes009

Jun 17, 2003
    If shelob is another one of the cards that will be coming I have a feling it will be a gollum culture card. I noticed what gollum had said near the end of TTT about how SHE could take care of the hobbits...shelob.

15. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Yeah, she'll most likely be a Gollum-culture minion. Or maybe Sauron-culture.

16. JediKynes009

Jun 17, 2003
    I really don't on that. sauron is already rumored to be getting a 21 strenth orc in the next set so that would be overly harch for one culture. Of course we don't know anything else about the next set so you never know.

17. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Yeah, there is gonna be a ton of Sauron cards in the next set, with Raiders, Nazgûl and Gollum filling out the rest.

18. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    http://www.gameplayersnetwork.com/card/news.asp?gm=lotr&id=411

A Ringwraith-culture Orc! Wahoo!

19. JediKynes009

Jun 17, 2003
    What does everyone think of the spoiler that has been released so far dealing with a new keyword Initiative. could make this game even more interesting.

20. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    I'm liking these new spoilers so far. They're gonna make existing decktypes very interesting.

21. Restrainingbolt

Feb 12, 2002
    Well it's definately going to make Frodo, Courteous Halfling a lot more popular! :)

R'Bolt

22. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Not to mention the Palantír.

23. JediKynes009

Jun 17, 2003
    But of course you juwst happen to notice that the Palindir is now on the watch list so D's well aware at how popular it could become.

24. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    I agree. But that may depend on how Isengard-friendly the ROTK sitepath is.

25. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    New Úlairë Nelya card posted on Decipher! Wahoo!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.