main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[OT] Lord of the Rings TCG

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Red84, Jan 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. youngvader

youngvader Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 21, 1999
    hehe ;)

I generally trade my foils for cards I need to complete my sets, both in SW and Lord. Never cared much for foils. But I really like the Aragorn. So does my gf.

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I initially didn't care much for foils either, but once I got everything I needed for my decks, I started to collect foils.

3. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    I went undefeated in a tourney yesterday with my Noble Leaders/Morgul Orcs deck. It was fun.

4. youngvader

youngvader Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 21, 1999
    Cool :) I've never been undefeated ever, not in SW, not in Lord.

Error: Only 1 loss per minute is allowed.

5. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    I've gone undefeated many times, but doing it with Twilight Nazgûl makes it even more sweet.

6. imright87

imright87 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2003
    yes, twilight nazgul are very, very fun to play with...im a small time collector and they are all i can make a decent minion half with now cus i traded all my other stuff away...

7. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    You know what you need to do then? Get all your stuff back so you can make a wider variety of decks! If all you play is twilight Nazgûl, then your meta will adapt to that and beat you nearly every time.

8. JediKynes009

JediKynes009 Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2003
    so you guys know incase you didn't see the new FAQ there are 4 more cards added to the X-list and 1 removed.

The one removed is Uruk Regular and the 4 added are The Palintir of Orthanc(3R67), Relics of Moria(1R195), Bill The Pony(0P2 or 3U106) Frying Pan (3C108).

9. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    I think Pan and Relics shouldn't be on the list.

10. JediKynes009

Jun 17, 2003
    I would have to disagree. A friend of mine has a deck using the shire coutryside with brace of connies and frodo's cloak to remove burdens thus be able to heal ppl thus machine gun frying pan. and to be honest the same thing can be said for enquie with not easily destroyed. which is why I am so glad that he is out of the standard enviroment. Too Abusive!! As for relics I can very much understand it. Moria is by far KING when it comes to twilight pool adding. 4 armories down with relics remove 2 to play a scimatar from your discard pile and you net gained 2 twilight.

11. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Well yeah, without the Pan, Moria becomes superpowers, so Relics needed to be X'ed to balance things out.

12. JediKynes009

Jun 17, 2003
    Well moria still has plundered armories which basically says that if you kill one of the minions with a weapon I can play that weapon on another minion that doesn't have a weapon (twilight -1). thus getting 4 more twilight and getting to draw a card if with the scimmy.

13. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Basically, They Are Coming and Host of Thousands became a whole lot more useful, in order to get the Scavengers back. Maybe Threat of the Unknown will see more use too.

14. JediKynes009

Jun 17, 2003
    Your forgetting about one particular cards Bib, Foul Things. costs 2 twilight but you can get ANY moria minion so you can get that cave troll or balrog back for mega hurtage...

15. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    The problem is, it costs 2. Fluffy and Smoky are expensive enough as it is.

16. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Ooh, we just got our first look at the Army of the Dead! Shadow Host looks interesting, but without knowing exactly what the rest of them do, I'll hold off on my final judgment.

17. JediKynes009

Jun 17, 2003
    Plus we don't know what that "Enduring" Keyword does. we don't even know if it's loaded or unloaded. though I have a feeling it's gonna be loaded and have to do with something about staying "alive" even if overwhelmed.

18. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Um, we most certainly do know what Enduring does. It means the character gets +2 strength for each wound on him. Shelob is also enduring, as are the new Nazgûl.

19. JediKynes009

Jun 17, 2003
    Where did you find this info? I had been looking for it for a while and still nothing..

20. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    It was spoiled on Radio Free Decipher several weeks ago.

21. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Yay, Corsairs! We likes them, yes, Precious.

22. JediKynes009

Jun 17, 2003
    I agree wholeheartedly. Maybe just maybe I can get a way to use harsh tounges. for some reason it didn't work right for me or early enough...

23. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Yeah, I've never been able to get Harsh Tongues to work right, either. Too long to set it up, and it's too vulnerable to condition removal.

24. JediKynes009

Jun 17, 2003
    All I can say is hot damn on the corsairs...those boys are gonna be some nasty buggers to add to the southron threat deck. But just what sauron needs MORE 20 stregth minions. the Army of the dead looks great to use. Enduring I really like that keyword. is it dangerous? yes. but it's totally worth it in the long run...

25. JediKynes009

Jun 17, 2003
    Well they have techncailly released 13 cards today for spoiling. One of them is shelob! She is a beast!!! 8 vitality?! WTH!!! There saying with that vitality she's better than the Rog? Yea right. and it's COMMON!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.